Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit that I am not missing DG, but I do still miss Julian B.

Perhaps they were having an affair and that did not go with the QVC "family" image.

I have absolutely no evidence for this, it is just a suggestion as we still don't know why they decided to leave or were sacked.

Perhaps they were having an affair and that did not go with the QVC "family" image.

I have absolutely no evidence for this, it is just a suggestion as we still don't know why they decided to leave or were sacked.

I suspect the answer is neither and that they couldn't agree new contract terms. In such cases it's really a mutual parting of the ways and neither a resignation or a sacking.

I wonder whether their targets are based on value of sales or actual number of items sold within an hour? If it's the latter and I was working for them I'd want all the hours I could scrabble together. But why are we seeing so much more of some presenters and not others?

We don't know the facts so is there any point in making stuff up as we go along?

Julian and Debbie have a whole career ahead of them and don't really need us speculating about possible failings do they? Internet comments hang around forever and it's a bit unfair for us to say they failed targets or whatever when we don't know.... as Google will keep retrieving this stuff for years to come... .

I would imagine the sales targets would be based on a number of factors, if you present an AAA tanzanite show you might not sell many units but make a lot of revenue whereas I think they would sell huge numbers of Slankets. They couldn't expect a gardening show selling solar lights etc. to come close to a beauty TSV launch where the product virtually sells itself. I guess the time of day and day of the week would also be a big factor in how much sales revenue a show generates.

You could be right I guess, but the guy on the other group said folk like us were considered by Q to be a bit odd in a "why would normal people with real lives choose to spend hours online talking about shopping channels" kind of way. l got the impression that we may be considered to be rather obsessive and not very representative of the typical customer!

But QVC are also aware of almost million pound worth of sales this site made in just over a year before they banned us from all of their affiliate programmes. QVC will never change as far as I can see.

We don't know the facts so is there any point in making stuff up as we go along?

Julian and Debbie have a whole career ahead of them and don't really need us speculating about possible failings do they? Internet comments hang around forever and it's a bit unfair for us to say they failed targets or whatever when we don't know.... as Google will keep retrieving this stuff for years to come... .

And if that was they case it took QVC a ****** long time to work it out.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

But this is about Julian and Debbie and not QVC... I don't think it's fair to them to keep speculating over why they no longer work at QVC.

People here are saying they may have been underperforming, may have been sacked etc - would any of us like to be on the receiving end of that kind of attention / commentary - particularly if we worked in the media?

From observation, I'd say that presenters have been given ambitious new targets over the last year or so. Some have risen to the challenge with vivid on-screen results, and some have stuck two fingers up at QVC management. IMO.

Debbie Greenwood hasn't stopped tweeting since she left so she obviously still wants to keep it in the public eye.
Lynn

Debbie Greenwood hasn't stopped tweeting since she left so she obviously still wants to keep it in the public eye.
Lynn

Exactly she is loving the attention just look at all the re tweets and people keep asking her why she left, she hints at things but won't say. She could simply say i left at my own accord but she has not.

I think she is loving all of the mystery around it. She is also keeping it in the public eye with all of the tweeting! She's never been so popular!

Surely if DG didn't want us speculating she would either tell us why she left or tweet Graham @shoppingtelly to voice her concern . I personally think shes annoyed at Q and is loving all this attention.

Well one can assume that the reasons for DG and JBs' departure are less than positive. JB was definitely at QVC for the long haul. It is almost certainly to do with contractual / performance reasons. Debbie Greenwood is being annoying, hinting at this, hinting at that. Come on you saccharine woman! Have ya been sacked or haven't ya?

Both Julian and Debbie's Photos have now gone from QVC's Blog pages and replaced by the new presenter, who is apparently sharing a dressing room with JR.

Latest posts

Back