Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank goodness it has finished, it turned into a bit of a saga.

I see from Pipa's blog that she is extending her break until February. I think we can safely say bye bye Pipa.

Even though Q may read this forum they take no notice otherwise changes would be made as afterall we tell it warts and all.

In fairness, Pipa was originally meant to leave about a month before she did and February is precisely six months from when she did leave.

As for Q's posts on the blogs..........very unimpressive!

Especially for Julian, after 16 years' service - come on, surely they could have done better than that? He's one of the pleasant, normal, friendly faces I enjoyed watching and I think there will be no winners from this situation. Yak, yak, yak, sell, sell, sell is a turnoff for me. Literally.

Sadly for those who prefer a little more humanity in communication this is the way businesses work these days. It's likely the parting wasn't amicable and a business' normal reaction to this would be to say nothing. If asked they might issue a terse statement, which is what has happened.

At least we eventually got a statement; QVC didn't HAVE to say anything...

I did find it odd them saying they decided to leave the business rather than saying leave QVC. Made the statements come across very cold and impersonal IMO.

Comments are starting to come in now on their blogs at Qvc, I wonder how long they will leave those on. I would imagine they will remove their blogs and photos pretty quick now word is out.

Just thinking - do the shopping channels read the posts in the likes of this forum??

Oh yes paid £10.00 for my Data Protection file, it arrived in a hard backed folder in many sections, it mentioned they have someone reporting daily to the CEO Dermot Boyd about the happenings of shoppingtelly.com.

I did find it odd them saying they decided to leave the business rather than saying leave QVC. Made the statements come across very cold and impersonal IMO.[/

After a long career as a QVC Presenter, Debbie has left the business to focus on new and exciting projects. Having very much enjoyed her time with QVC, Debbie feels it is time for a change. We wish Debbie all the best for the future.

It doesn't say she decided to leave.

I did find it odd them saying they decided to leave the business rather than saying leave QVC. Made the statements come across very cold and impersonal IMO.[/

After a long career as a QVC Presenter, Debbie has left the business to focus on new and exciting projects. Having very much enjoyed her time with QVC, Debbie feels it is time for a change. We wish Debbie all the best for the future.

It doesn't say she decided to leave.

Julians does

After a long career as a QVC Presenter, Julian has decided to leave the business and focus on his other business interests. We wish Julian all the best for the future.

I did find it odd them saying they decided to leave the business rather than saying leave QVC. Made the statements come across very cold and impersonal IMO.
Of course, it might just be that they HAVE decided to leave the shopping telly business …

QVC would be "the business" but it may also refer to restrictive covenants in relation to working for rival channels. This may be what all the delay was about, negotiating terms on this. Would not apply to Carmel et all whose contracts just ended.

Last edited:
Oh yes paid £10.00 for my Data Protection file, it arrived in a hard backed folder in many sections, it mentioned they have someone reporting daily to the CEO Dermot Boyd about the happenings of shoppingtelly.com.

I don't think we should make the mistake of thinking they care what people on this forum say. According to someone on one of my other groups who used to work for Q, they don't give a damn what anyone on any forum thinks. They check all the relevant groups each day just to make sure nobody's said anything that could actually damage their business. If we libel them, they'll listen and sue. If we just criticise, they couldn't care less.

You can see that's the case just by the fact that JF is not only still on screen, but has practically moved into the studio on a permanent basis. No forum could have had more anti-JF posts, although some of the others give ST a run for its money on that topic - and Q doesn't give a toss, they just put her on even more.

I don't think we should make the mistake of thinking they care what people on this forum say. According to someone on one of my other groups who used to work for Q, they don't give a damn what anyone on any forum thinks. They check all the relevant groups each day just to make sure nobody's said anything that could actually damage their business. If we libel them, they'll listen and sue. If we just criticise, they couldn't care less.

You can see that's the case just by the fact that JF is not only still on screen, but has practically moved into the studio on a permanent basis. No forum could have had more anti-JF posts, although some of the others give ST a run for its money on that topic - and Q doesn't give a toss, they just put her on even more.

But some of the threads on here might be genuinely useful from a market research perspective, so I'd be really surprised if they didn't, at least, cast an eye over what's on here (and any other similar sites).

I think they do look at the forum and get ideas they pretend that this forum is not important but we all know they do. I think we do them a favour imo

Debbie tweeted today that she actually left on 24th June, so I guess both she and Julian were on contracts with 3 months' notice and that's why we are getting the official notice now. Sent on gardening leave when QVC/they chose not to continue with their roles.

But some of the threads on here might be genuinely useful from a market research perspective, so I'd be really surprised if they didn't, at least, cast an eye over what's on here (and any other similar sites).

You could be right I guess, but the guy on the other group said folk like us were considered by Q to be a bit odd in a "why would normal people with real lives choose to spend hours online talking about shopping channels" kind of way. l got the impression that we may be considered to be rather obsessive and not very representative of the typical customer!

You could be right I guess, but the guy on the other group said folk like us were considered by Q to be a bit odd in a "why would normal people with real lives choose to spend hours online talking about shopping channels" kind of way. l got the impression that we may be considered to be rather obsessive and not very representative of the typical customer!

The ones that phone up either drunk, lonely or cringeworthy gushing!

There are forums for all kinds of interests- many much stranger than shopping!

And you dont have to watch shopping tv very much to enjoy chatting with others about the products. I contribute to the forum without switching Q on at all, or just for a few minutes because I llike reading what others have to say. I like reading about beauty products and bags for a few minutes out of my otherwise very busy day.

There are forums for all kinds of interests- many much stranger than shopping!

And you dont have to watch shopping tv very much to enjoy chatting with others about the products. I contribute to the forum without switching Q on at all, or just for a few minutes because I llike reading what others have to say. I like reading about beauty products and bags for a few minutes out of my otherwise very busy day.

l agree, or l wouldn't be here! Am just telling you what the Q folk apparently think.

DG sure likes to tweet i am exhausted just reading them. She was not happy about leaving but still won't say why she left when people are asking her.

Perhaps not, but with over 180,000 views this thread has to be worth keeping an eye on.

Latest posts

Back