Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Both Julian and Debbie's Photos have now gone from QVC's Blog pages and replaced by the new presenter, who is apparently sharing a dressing room with JR.

How intriguing! Clearly they have been laid off in one way or another. Don't hold out for any announcement cos there isn't going to be one. QVC are full of bollocks. Hope the new presenter is a size 12 so that she and JR can share outfits!

How intriguing! Clearly they have been laid off in one way or another. Don't hold out for any announcement cos there isn't going to be one. QVC are full of bollocks.

They made the announcements on the blogs a couple of days ago.

Yes, all to make way for affordable Marverine. Before they had butter. Now they have margerine. Marverine may be perfectly good. I just really dislike the handling of it.

Hi Julius - I thought when reading your above post that you were referring to Margarine Burgervan and that she was to be the new presenter................glad that I was wrong!! x

Hi Julius - I thought when reading your above post that you were referring to Margarine Burgervan and that she was to be the new presenter................glad that I was wrong!! x

Oh you meant that saaaaf efriken scrawnbag with the rhombus-shaped feet that demos the Pilates machines. She should beef up a bit. Seen more meat in a bag o' pork scratchins yo!

How long did they leave the leaving statement on 24 hrs, poor show QVC it looked very begrudged.

The leaving statements were left on their blogs for three days before the blogs were deleted. Begrudged? Possibly. QVC would no doubt have preferred to say nothing, but they chose to at least acknowledge what has occurred.

............but they chose to at least acknowledge what has occurred.

Not necessarily, a statement on the website (such as it was) may have been one of the terms demanded by Julian and Debbie. The "gritted teeth" wording didn't suggest this was something that Q was choosing to do to me.

There have been lots of questions asked on Facebook so maybe they felt they had to give some kind of reply, but you do get the impression they would have preferred to say nothing.

Debbie Flint posted this on her blog:

Talking of good friends, I just want to wish all round good guys Debbie G and Julian the best for their new ventures, as you may have seen the announcements on their blogs. Big hugs to both! (stay in touch with Deb and Julian on Twitter).

Page 71 of this thread has Julian's announcement, Keep up Julius ur 7 pages behind the rest of us :giggle:

Ah yes. Sorry about that. I have had some issues with my internet these last few days so haven't been on so much. Yes, all the indications would point to contractual / redundancy issues. Reading between the lines it would appear that JB may have been presented with the option of staying (likely a a reduced rate) and DG was not. This ties in with what my friend who works at the Liverpool call centre told me. I do actually feel sorry for them in how they were around for such a long time and were afforded little announcement. I think QVC are going through tough times. Just look at the intensity of the hard sell that hitherto before unseen at such a magnitude. Furthermore, the semantics of the phrasology: "I NEED YOU on those phones" is indicative at a lot of pressure behind the scenes. Let's face it - Jill Franks will not die just because nobody telephones in, but you can bet your botttom dollar that she absolutely DOES need people on those phones in order to remain in her role at QVC.
I worked for a telephone company for a couple of years and it underwent some changes akin to QVC. It used to be very personable, friendly and generous, and then turned into a Gestapo-esque, militant, sales-obsessed environment, slashing benefits, increasing targets, monitoring, increasing disciplinaries (I believe in a bid to destabilise people in preparation for the redundancies). The CEO actually stood up on stage and said "We are not making people redundant." I actually know of several people that were, including me! The whole thing was done in a really nasty, hush hush way. I recall not being allowed to mention it at work / to colleagues. Was a horrible time. I feel sorry for DG and JB but they are mature adults and hopefully will have a support network. They are not without skills and attributes and I'm sure that they will be readily employable elsewhere.

Just to keep QVC's so-called money worries in perspective, this is a retailer turning over £400m+ per annum so hardly down on it's luck!

QVC so say have money issues, and had to let DG AND JB go.

Yet they have flown Dale over to America to interview someone for this Saturdays Gift Show, whats all that about

The costs associated with Dale's trip will be a few thousand pounds and are inconsequential to a large business such as QVC.

The costs associated with Dale's trip will be a few thousand pounds and are inconsequential to a large business such as QVC.

Not just Dale that's gone, both AY and Will have gone to the states for the Beauty shows on Thursday, along with several members of the Qvc team I would imagine, If the shows anything like the last time they went it was pointless.

One way trip for Alison and Will, well we can only hope, or as debbie flint called him on saturday night WILL.IT, lol

Dale id pay for a return ticket, as i dont mind dale, i no some see him as smary, but on electrical hours, he comes over like he knows his stuff, and does most of the big Electronics TSV's.

Latest posts

Back