Which presenters are your top and bottom 3?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Top 3: Kathy, Julian, and Pipa

Bottom 3: Jill F, Debbie F and Charlie (totally creeps me out)

I would like to see any of you do anywhere near anywhere near as good as any of these presenters with the exception of the irish or anorexic one.

Top 3:
Alison Young;
Pipa Gordon;
Julian Ballantyne.

Bottom 3:
Anna Cookson;
Debbie Greenwood;
Debbie Flint.

Of the rest, there are a few whom I prefer over others, but on the whole they don't provoke a strong enough reaction either way to warrant a mention.

Who is Miss Piggy?

Likes, in no particular order
Julian - like somebody else said, doesn't treat the audience as brainless
AK - Always liked her, from way back.
Cathy - Comes across warm, genuine and has no ego and doesn't claim to own the entire QVC stock

Dislikes
Clare - the voice - just why does she speak like that?
Debbie - I wish I could like her more - I really do, but I had to smile at one comment of her 'market stall' manner.
Pippa - only at times. Its when she does the 'yeah yeah yeah' patter that grinds on me.

Completely can't stand:
Chuntley - I have to switch off if she is on
Dale - gives me the creeps big style
Craig - he makes me jumpy and irritated. I wish he would calm down.
The new ones - all of them.

I would like to see any of you do anywhere near anywhere near as good as any of these presenters with the exception of the irish or anorexic one.

:clapping: you haven't seen me in action then? :cheeky:

how nice referring to 'the irish one or the anorexic one'

me thinks we have something sitting under a bridge!

Top 3:
Julian
Kathy
Pipa (or Ali Young - yes I actually like her sense of humour but she can sometimes go on a bit so that's why it is a joint 3rd)

Bottom 3:
Jill (simply coz of the "own everything" spiel - completely unbelievable and no respect for her)
Carmel (sorry just not keen on her)
Micael (just don't get him and I am strangely fixated on his neck which bothers me for some strange reason)

Couldn't resist this one ....

Most preferred ...

1. Ally Keenan ... she has a great sense of humour and always makes me giggle
2. Alison Y ... I know she is not everyone's cup of tea, but I find her amusing and she is really quite funny
3. Julian ... he is such a lovely guy, and I don't feel as though I am being sold to or at ...

Dreadfully awful .....

1. Anna "80s throwback" Cookson .... I have never bought 1 thing she has presented, which is some going for me !!
2. "Wiggy" Carmel - currently watching L'occaitane hr and find her in the same vein as "liar liar pants on fire" Franks. The problem with her hair is that it is bleached within an inch of its life, and hence all the thinning, snapping and breakage you can see (which is why she's had the extensions that are too thick, and make her look like she's wearing a wig). I know thats all terribly catty, so for those offended, please forgive me !
3. Ooh who to choose for the final place .. there are so many who are worthy contenders ... Micael, Charlie, Chuntley, Franks, all equally as false, fake as each other .....

Craig ... well you know I didn't like him at all when he started, but now I like him, he's a little bundle of fizz and although annoying to some I find his general "happiness" just pleasant ...

Gone but not forgotten ... the lovely Anthony ... I do miss him (and his bloopers !)

Missy x

Last edited:
Don't particularly hate any of them. Although I have to say my favourites depend on the type of show:

Pippa: Jewellery Hours
Debs F: Technology Shows
Ali K: In The Kitchen / Yankee

Would be interesting to see a top/bottom three thread for show guests...

Think I'm going to buck some trends here, I strongly suspect that several of my favourite three would be in most other forumites least-liked category and vice versa :giggle:

Best three

Claire Sutton - I don't find the babywabying annoying at all, I really like her upbeat personality. (I also think she's coped with some difficult things in her life - as I know many other presenters have - but the nature of things Claire has faced resonates with me so I feel some kind of connection I suppose)
Pipa - she's just a couple of years older than me and I love it when she gets on about the eighties, I have the same memories! I also find her the most articulate - she has a genuinely wide vocab at her disposal and uses it with without sounding like Anna-new-word-per-day-today-it's-"a-la-mode"-Cookson
Craig - I find him really watchable and inoffensive, and he seems to ask the questions I want answered about products

Worst three

Jill Franks - she makes every mistake in the presenting book from failing to imagine an appropriate audience to indulging constantly in narcissistic talk about herself. I'm not saying she's a terrible person but to me she is vacuuous and boring - I get next to no info from her presentations and I don't enjoy her company in the way that I do, say, with Pipa whose rambles I quite enjoy!
Charlie - he's thinks he's slick and amusing (he's wrong)
Julian - I struggle with his syntax and the bizarre pauses in his speech - he manages to make item numbers sound as if they have about twenty digits. And I cringe when every time he introduces a guest he has to detail how loooong they've been at "Cue-vee-ceee" (and it's always about 146 years, nearly as long as him)

Have to say though I don't mind most presenters: think Ali K is very sweet (I always sense an underlying nervousness with her which is endearing); Kathy T keeps it real, Debbie G makes me smile, Debbie Flint has one of the filthiest laughs on TV :sun:

I think I said on here in a previous post that I didn't know the names of any female presenters.

I often flick through channels. and if QVC is showing fashion or beauty products I flick straight out again.

As these shows are usually presented by women, I never get to know their names, as they are only introduced at the beginning of each slot.

Now that Q has gone "proper widescreen" they have space at the bottom right of the screen to keep the presenter's name constantly displayed, so I would get to know who they are and would know who you are all gossiping about lol.

Loving some of the comments on on this thread!

Top three:
JR
Julian
Craig - I know sometimes he is a bit hyperactive but funny.

I also like Debbie F.

Bottom 3

Charlie - he just seems to get more irritating and creepy especially doing beauty/fashion. If I see him I immediately switch over.
All the new ones - the Irish bloke really gets on my nerves.
Anne D

Used to like Dale but he gets on my nerves lately. Most of them are quite irritating. As for AY - she just gets worse and worse, constantly interrupting whoever is on with her.

I think I said on here in a previous post that I didn't know the names of any female presenters.

I often flick through channels. and if QVC is showing fashion or beauty products I flick straight out again.

As these shows are usually presented by women, I never get to know their names, as they are only introduced at the beginning of each slot.

Now that Q has gone "proper widescreen" they have space at the bottom right of the screen to keep the presenter's name constantly displayed, so I would get to know who they are and would know who you are all gossiping about lol.

strato - why don't you have a quick glance on the website. click 'presenters' and there they all are ;)

Latest posts

Back