WynneLayers Fastion TSV 13/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone on Facebook got it spot on.

“honestly, sincerely.... i just cannot take any more marla wynne. i mean, there's too much ruth langsford, dyson, and abi cleve, but i would still prefer those over more marla wynne. please, give it up already. it cannot be that popular, and if you're so desperate to get shot of what's in the warehouse, just dump it on the clearance page and get in some other stuff that doesn't belong in an episode of moonlighting.

seriously.... i am far from alone in thinking this.”

QVC will no doubt ignore that post though. 🙄

I'd like to know what sells, and what returns. From my visit to the outlet store the amount of Kim & Co returns, specifically the all in one "boiler suits" was a view I'd never want repeated. And the Cuddle Dudds all bobbly and stretched.

I remember seeing someone in that very over priced brand that has long gone YK something, in real life. It looked as bad in real life as I thought it could.

But if people enjoy MW great, takes a lot to part me from my leggings and t-shirt at home. But I have had three new pairs of leggings this summer, £5 each from the supermarket and they are very cumffy. Wash and dry quickly, don't baggy saggy at the knee.

i would ignore it as its the 2nd biggest selling fashion range behind kim & co as they have stated on air
I won’t ignore it I’m afraid because she wrote what I, and a lot of others, think. There is a total overload of some of the brands and there’s no denying that. New brands often disappear quite quickly and then, low and behold, Dyson and MW appear with a vengeance.

As I’ve said before, QVC need to up their game because they’ve lost a regular customer here.

People buy into the MY hype but the reality is poorly made clothes. Occasionally there may be the odd exception. I like the ideas but the excecution is just that an excecution. Poor fit. Poor fabrics that bobble, pill and pull just while trying them on, much less wearing and washing.
Cheap machine stitching on MW's clothes. Pull a thread, and all the stitching comes undone. Sometimes, you'll see a French seam. If this line does sell as well as they say it does, someone will come up with something similar at a lower price. It will still be cheap QVC goods, however.

QVC's most potent sales assets are their sales people, love them or loathe them, for the fact that they present brands to you in your space in such a way that they are made to look like what you should be wearing to seem chic/cool/stylish/funky/whatever. Sadly that dream in dashed once you actually get the stuff home and try it on. A real eye-opener is to visit one of their outlets where the lack of quality is there on display and it put me off buying clothes from them. Marla Wynne actually looked the best for quality of a very bad bunch, but certainly no better than any supermarket stuff for a fraction of even their outlet prices.

QVC's most potent sales assets are their sales people, love them or loathe them, for the fact that they present brands to you in your space in such a way that they are made to look like what you should be wearing to seem chic/cool/stylish/funky/whatever. Sadly that dream in dashed once you actually get the stuff home and try it on. A real eye-opener is to visit one of their outlets where the lack of quality is there on display and it put me off buying clothes from them. Marla Wynne actually looked the best for quality of a very bad bunch, but certainly no better than any supermarket stuff for a fraction of even their outlet prices.
MW is shocking quality and the sizing is awkward in that its inconsistent. I do have a couple of dresses that I like wearing but overall its not great

Sewing a bit of chiffon on to the bottom and sleeves of her garments, seems to be the latest MW ‘thing’.
About 15 years ago I had a Per Una jumper with chiffon frills on the cuffs, very nice until I washed my hands & they went soggy. Old Marla's out of date.

i would ignore it as its the 2nd biggest selling fashion range behind kim & co as they have stated on air
Yes but anything would have very good sales figures, if it’s constantly featured on air. If something is hardly ever featured it won’t sell, just like items that are put on clearance that have never been live on air.

I don't think a brand would get air-time unless it's a safe bet for high sales; that's what any shop would do. Love it or hate it Marla has tapped into something with her range. It's the way stuff looks of the models that sells, over hanging on a rail or a still photo online.

If they have high returns, it's the vendor not QVC that stands the loss. QVC loses its mark up and the cost of airtime; shelf space at the warehouse and virtual "self-space" on the website. Once a range finds an audience QVC will be keen for them to bring more of the same. I doubt they'll be taking many risks with niche new brands in the current climate.

I'm afraid Q's existence is aimed at selling to maximise profit for its shareholders not to keep us entertained or sell what I or anyone other individual wants. There's clearly a lot of people still buying, in spite of the repeats or because of them. I still find myself drawn into watching.

I’ve seen well known brand sellers at the outlet with loads of stock of a TSV at a hugely discounted price. I’ve also seen items of clothing still in their original packaging say ie a Kim & Co top at £4.99.

Cheap machine stitching on MW's clothes. Pull a thread, and all the stitching comes undone. Sometimes, you'll see a French seam. If this line does sell as well as they say it does, someone will come up with something similar at a lower price. It will still be cheap QVC goods, however.
...and they have the nerve to call it "tailoring"! It doesn't stop at MW either. It's used to describe anything and everything across their fashion ranges, and that includes the stuff that's gets knocked out in its thousands from Chinese factories - so basically, that's most of it!

2nd highest brand ?? little wonder when it was pushed every other hour in the first lockdown !! and three times a week in further lockdowns. ! YES QVC a lot of us remember that ! 3 ****** months of MW every day ! sea grass/cloud/canvas/copper we're/are sick of it. I find it hard to imagine even new customers buying the brand in bulk, and old fans must be up to their eyes in kimono sodding jackets.

Latest posts

Back