WynneLayers Fastion TSV 13/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m confused. (Not difficult!).

The white sleeveless thing has the chiffon hem but the other colours are a button up shirt. Do you wear the shirt over the vest?

I have bought a few bits from eBay. some I though I would like but the fit, the fabric, the cut were wrong for me so I resold them. I have a couple of dresses that I truly love but thats about it

Just look at the state of those garments in the photographs.Talk about I’ll fitting rags, crumpled twisted hems, stretched tight underarms.Are these supposed to encourage sales?

Just look at the state of those garments in the photographs.Talk about I’ll fitting rags, crumpled twisted hems, stretched tight underarms.Are these supposed to encourage sales?
....and heaven knows how much they're gonna charge for one - I'd estimate that they'll want £45 & postage and claim that full price was £60+. The fabric on those shirts looks really thin close up as well, and I can't see how anyone could possibly ask any more than £14.99 for it!
Sadly people will buy it though and that will spurn more and more of the same crap!

I've a couple of the very wide shirts when they first came out and they drape nicely and the fabric is good. Ever since then though I haven't liked anything much, or the prices and as I need an XS in this range they are always the first to go so I'm saved from spending.

CC

I love floaty dresses, midis, maxis & Lagenlook, even though I think this style needs a more voluptuous body than mine to look its best. A couple of months ago I discovered Kit and Kaboodle, a company in Yorkshire that has a huge selection of Lagenlook, & because there was an introductory offer I sent for a few items, my Mr T couldn't stop laughing when I tried on the one that I liked the most & said he never thought he'd see me wearing a yurt. It was returned.

The Lagenlook is very tricky to get right. It takes a very good cut and proportion to get it perfect. I like the look but MW is manufactured too cheaply for it to look good on any body. I am 16/18 in M&S more a 16 but MW a medium is more than big enough as its cut very wide. Too wide in some places.

WynneLayers Butterfly Shirt with Chiffon Hem Tank
Item Number: 190111
QVC Price £95.00
Todays Special Value Price £61.98
P&P £3.95

This two-piece set from WynneLayers includes a loose-fitting shirt with button fastenings on the front, a pointed collar and long sleeves, plus a sleeveless tank top with a round neckline and chiffon hemline. A versatile addition to your wardrobe, this shirt and top set can be worn together or apart to create a chic, polished look that can be easily dressed up or down.

Multiple looks in one - there are so many ways to wear this adaptable set! Opt for the shirt alone or team it up with the tank and have the buttons done up or undone depending on how casual or smart you're going. Alternatively, wear the tank top alone on warm days or under a cardigan on cooler ones. Each option will style perfectly with jeans, leggings, trousers or even tucked into skirts.

Flattering and comfortable - both shirt and top are made from a comfortable viscose span fabric, which has a slight stretch for a flattering fit. The shirt is also loose-fitting and generously sized for ease of movement, with an A-line shape that drapes over the body. The tank top has a closer fit to outline your figure, but not tightly so it retains a relaxed look and feel.

Fantastic colour range - with six colours to choose from, there really is something for everyone! Black or Cloud are classic monochrome shades to go with practically anything in your wardrobe, while the more colourful Blue, Basil, Rose or Mink options will instantly freshen up any look.

• Body: 95% viscose, 5% elastane; chiffon hemline on tank top: 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C

Garment measurements:
Tank top:

• Chest: XS: 91.4cm (36"), S: 96.5cm (38"), M: 101.6cm (40"), L: 108cm (42.5"), XL: 115.6cm (45.5"), 2XL: 124.5cm (49"), 3XL: 134.6cm (53")
  • Length: XS: 64.8cm (25.5"), S: 65.4cm (25.8"), M: 66cm (26"), L: 67cm (26.4"), XL: 68.3cm (26.9"), 2XL: 71.1cm (28"), 3XL: 73.3cm (28.9")
Shirt:

• Chest: XS: 96.5cm (38"), S: 101.6cm (40"), M: 106.7cm (42"), L: 113cm (44.5"), XL: 120.7cm (47.5"), 2XL: 129.5cm (51"), 3XL: 139.7 cm (55")
  • Length: XS: 67.3cm (26.5"), S: 69.2cm (27.3"), M: 69.9cm (27.5"), L: 70.8cm (27.9"), XL: 72cm (28.4"), 2XL: 72.4cm (28.5"), 3XL: 74.6cm (29.4")

Colour options:

• Basil
  • Black
  • Cloud
  • Mink
  • Rose
  • Storm Blue

All measurements are approximate

Cheap machine stitching on MW's clothes. Pull a thread, and all the stitching comes undone. Sometimes, you'll see a French seam. If this line does sell as well as they say it does, someone will come up with something similar at a lower price. It will still be cheap QVC goods, however.
May be MW is still producing her clothing from her garage! Lol. I think her ranges are so expensive and her jewellery is also. Some of QVC ranges end up in TK MAXX at a fraction of the cost

I never watch but has anyone had sight of Marla recently? Did we ever see Yong Kim? Perhaps they are both in the same hideaway working on their next creations, aka factory in China.

Melissa is on hols so Evie is standing in, I heard her say she’d been sent an item. It was a new item featured today, she also let slip she had the new trousers as well.
Watching a presentation of a rather lovely but pricey scarf and I see that Evie is "bulldog clipped" in the TSV for a better fit.

I'm confused. Would I be buying it because I'd be getting 2 items for my £66+ (no) or am I supposed to buy a shirt with buttons that don't meet with a tank top for modesty? No, again.

The Lagenlook is very tricky to get right. It takes a very good cut and proportion to get it perfect. I like the look but MW is manufactured too cheaply for it to look good on any body. I am 16/18 in M&S more a 16 but MW a medium is more than big enough as its cut very wide. Too wide in some places.
The couple of tops I've bought from MW were cut too wide, too short, and too tight under the armholes. They also arrived badly pressed on the seams .. or not pressed, I should say. I'd like to know why Marla doesn't make any kind of appearance via video. Kate of Nina Leonard shows up, as does Kim from Kim and Co. and of course, Tova and others. A little odd, to say the least. However, the presenters are always commenting on her remarkable personality, sense of humour, etc. so she's still around somewhere.

Ann D! Congratulations on getting your TSV! Spending nearly £66 on something that will look like a rag at the first wear?Even on screen you can see that the fabric ( sorry fabrication) is poor and will not perform.More like commiserations are more in order.

What constitutes a 'midi' dress ? for me at 5'7 its midway between my knee and my ankle. MW is an inch below the knee. Their 'ordinary' length dresses are (looking at the models anyway) are an 1" above the knee, and the maxis almost sweep the floor. I know its decisive as to the height you are, but even so the sizing is never right.

To me, midi length has to be a good few inches over knee - literally mid calf really.

And I like a maxi actually to be maximum length - for me being tall I look for 59/60” total length of a dress to be maxi...
Which isn’t easy to find in regular ranges!

Midi dresses are what we used to call “dodgy length” growing up, even in my twenties, bc it was such an old-fashioned and unflattering look!
Then it came back in in recent years...

But to add more confusion, I’ve noticed that M&S have in the past year introduced lots of dresses it calls “MIDAXI” - I kid you not! So between midi and maxi 😳

Latest posts

Back