Yaktrak grips for heels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered a pair on New Year's Day (got fed up skating about on the ice) - but was thinking the snow would probably be gone by the time they arrive. But with more forecast this week hopefully they will be of some use. They were supposedly dispatched on Sun (got the make space emal) so they should arrive tomorrow if they send first class (I paid a bit extra for royal mail premium delivery so if they don't send first class I will be a bit narked).

I tried to order from the yaktrax before going with QVC (because thought delivery might be more reliable) but couldn't findanything in stock.

They have arrived and yes you get 2 pairs and even though it doesn't say in the description the title does say 2 pairs!

Don't know if we all received the same but the ones I received (2 sets) are for shoe sizes 4 - 11 not shoe sizes 5-11 as stated which has come in handy as both my kids can use them too. I have been out trying them and yes they work, could walk in my back garden on the deck without falling over. Great buy :)

I bought the heel ones only because the sizing as I take a 3 in some shoes and 4 in others, I just realised their called Yaktrax not what I put in my OP I reckon I need my eyes testing!

Haven't got any snow here in Surrey though some of the pics on telly look very pretty as long as you don't have to go out in it or travel in it. My son got stuck in snow twice coming home from work before Christmas a half hour journey took 5 hours.
I gave him a double fleece blanket to carry with him and he had an 8 pack of lucozade in the boot. I was glad he got home a few minutes ago.

piper

Despite snorts of derision from the husband, I popped them on my trainers yesterday and WOW.

He wasn't laughing when I took the doggles for their evening walk yesterday and the sheets of packed ice next to the minster were no problem AT ALL.

I have just used mine today for the first time, they were good for walking on the snow but when I got off the bus in town, I found walking on the pavements a bit odd, however when I came home i had got used to them and walking up the hill to home was very easy, so have decided I will keep them.

Needless to say mine have not yet been delivered. Am I surpised? Not really. Now this is nothing to do with the weather but the fact that QVC used DX NOT royal mail to send the item (despite the fact that when I ordered I paid EXTRA for Royal Mail Premium!). Card throuigh door on my return for work. No depot to collect from (unlike Royal Mail would let me) - but have to call to rearrange delivery. But here is the problem? They only deliver Mon-Fri 9-5pm which is no use to me as I work full time and cannot get items delivered to work. Also the next day available is Fri and they say there is no guarantee that the item will be delivered anyway. I'll be at work anyway even if they try to deliver so whatis the use of that 'service'?

There is a thread elsewhere about this DX - and I fully understand the frustrations that others (like Love A'kin) have had.

My yaktrax were despatched on the 27 December and arrived on the 31 December by Royal Mail postie by their ordinary post if I'm not about he puts parcels in my bin cupboard which is really handy. Any larger parcels come with the courier I've always had.
I ordered an item from a Mail order catalogue on Saturday 2 Jan and their estimated delivery was 11 Jan it arrived yesterday 5 Jan by courier I was so surprised I couldn't think for a moment what the chappie was trying to give me. LOL.

piper

Last edited:
Needless to say mine have not yet been delivered. Am I surpised? Not really. Now this is nothing to do with the weather but the fact that QVC used DX NOT royal mail to send the item (despite the fact that when I ordered I paid EXTRA for Royal Mail Premium!). Card throuigh door on my return for work. No depot to collect from (unlike Royal Mail would let me) - but have to call to rearrange delivery. But here is the problem? They only deliver Mon-Fri 9-5pm which is no use to me as I work full time and cannot get items delivered to work. Also the next day available is Fri and they say there is no guarantee that the item will be delivered anyway. I'll be at work anyway even if they try to deliver so whatis the use of that 'service'?

There is a thread elsewhere about this DX - and I fully understand the frustrations that others (like Love A'kin) have had.

I really hope qvc start listening to their disgruntled customers and dump DX very soon.

Here here LE lover. But apparently (according to the person I spoke to at QVC customer services last night) it was not QVC's decision to use DX but Royal Mail's. The 'story' was they send the stuff royal mail who then (because it's busy apparently) contract their mail to DX. Did I believe that fairy tale? No! Please!

The only time I ever get anything in the 5-7 working days is when it comes by royal mail. I don't believe that guff they've told you either.

Trudging uphill all the way to work on foot today, through 5" of snow whilst the blizzard still continued around me, I lost count of the number of times I muttered to myself (on what turned out to be a 40 minute walk) how much I wish I had been quick enough off the mark to order a set of these before Christmas!
Slipping and sliding my way downhill on the frozen compacted snow on the way back home again this evening, I wasn't muttering anything at all... I was bliddy swearing and cursing at full volume. :mysmilie_11:
The only place I can see them available anywhere now is on ebay for silly money! That'll teach me not to dither in the future. :mysmilie_73:

Hi allthatglitters and thanks for your post. :mysmilie_687:
They are sadly all sold out on yaktraxs website. Tempted by the get a grips on amazon - the only trouble is (apart from the inflated price tag compared to the qvc price for the same) they also have a disclaimer about delayed delivery due to adverse weather - Hmm. you don't say - sort of the point of wanting them really :mysmilie_697: I kind of suspect I will get them just in time for the thaw.:mysmilie_81:

I will have to break the habit of a lifetime and learn not to procrastinate so badly in the future.
rolleyes.gif

I dithered too when they were still in stock on QVC :( I've got the get-a-grips but it nearly breaks my fingers to get them on - and I can't remember where I put them.

clemenzina

Because they are a bit of a struggle to attach properly (but WELL WORTH it !) I took a tip from jellybaby and leave them on an old pair of boots so they are 'at the ready' without faffing around.......... haven't seen this much snow in YEARS..........

One of my 'better' purchases and would highly recommend them (I have the two-pack version)

I ordered the get agrips from QVC after the snow last year thinking they would be tucked away for years.

Just used mine for the first time. Wow!!!! Worth every penny, I felt really secure even while being dragged along by a bouncy Labrador!!

Have just found some Yaxtrax Walkers available on www.foothealthcare.com they are 14.40 a pair (xs) plus 2.95 P&P plus VAT - about 20.40 inc del for a single pair.

Hope this is of help to someone.

Just used mine for the first time. Wow!!!! Worth every penny, I felt really secure even while being dragged along by a bouncy Labrador!!

Me too Mermaid, my new Yaktrax passed the Labrador test this morning. :mysmilie_698:

Latest posts

Back