Yankee Candle guest decides to 'move on'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Golden Brown

Registered Shopper
So, according to a facebook post from QVC, Steven Corfield has decided to 'move on' from QVC. See below...

We’d just like to let everyone know that our Yankee Candle guest, Steven Corfield, has decided to move on from presenting at QVC.

Steven has always been a passionate supporter of Yankee Candle at QVC and we would like to thank all his colleagues and viewers for their friendship and support over the years.
Whilst we are sad to see Steven leave, we would like to thank him for all of his hard work during his time with Yankee Candle & QVC and wish him every success in the future. We will be continuing to feature Yankee Candle at QVC with a whole new range of exciting products and offers during the coming weeks… so watch this space!

Oh didn't expect this news! Thought he would just lie low and let things blow over!
I liked Steven and thought he came across full of passion and knowledge of his beloved Yankees!

Just shows you that no one is invincible in this weird selly telly world! :mysmilie_7:

I wonder if he jumped ship or was pushed after his husband`s episode the other week ?

I will say he was shown the cliff left to decide to either continue on QVC or back nutjob husband. Who said romance is dead.

Really at the end of the day I really think it was Yankee who did the deed, QVC have no balls and hide under the Northern Nights duvet until it all goes away.

Much as I don't condone the things that 'went down', I am really sad to hear this news as Steven seemed a lovely chap and was so enjoyable to watch.

My guess is that he was given some bad advice to keep quiet (or was forced to keep quiet) and Q then threw him under the bus after pressure from Yankee Candle. Obviously I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but a rapid acknowledgement that unacceptable messages were sent by his partner, in conjunction with a heartfelt apology would have more than sufficed and satisfied the detractors. Instead, the uncomfortably protracted silence from all concerned just made everything so much worse and goaded people into taking further action, i.e. getting YC and John Lewis involved, whereas the nature of what happened really didn't warrant such actions.

Very sad and I feel very sorry for him as not only has he lost his incredibly lucrative gig, I'd be feeling rather uncharitable towards my partner to say the least.

Well at the moment loads of Witch Hunt hope you are proud of yourselves on the QVC Page aimed towards the ladies who received the messages. Nothing about the mole who decided to forward the messages to SC's husband which kicked the whole thing off.

Wonder if John Lewis did anything about the husband who was/is employed by them. It was reported to them one their employees was making vile comments to members of the public.

I will never a fan so don't really care about SC. He owns a YC store anyway so still has a business.

I will say he was shown the cliff left to decide to either continue on QVC or back nutjob husband. Who said romance is dead.

Really at the end of the day I really think it was Yankee who did the deed, QVC have no balls and hide under the Northern Nights duvet until it all goes away.

Fair point, Donna255 - it could be that his silence was his choice and he supported his husband's actions, which in turn led to him losing his gig, did not think of it like that!

I won't miss him to be honest, I didn't take to him and much prefer Rosa.

I think it is a great shame he is going. I thought he was very good presenter and a nice guy. His husband has let him down badly IMHO, he is the one responsible for this debacle however he came to hear about the posts about SC (which were hardly abuse!). Obviously we don't know what happened behind the scenes and whether apologies were made to the women who received the abusive messages. I thought he would be off air for a few weeks and then come back, but you never know, maybe he and the husband thought that there was no fault so why should they apologise etc etc. A very sorry episode. I hope the ghastly husband is proud of himself.

PS If we were throwing around the wording of his post, I know who I would aim it at!!!!!! Yes, nutjob husband!

Well at the moment loads of Witch Hunt hope you are proud of yourselves on the QVC Page aimed towards the ladies who received the messages. Nothing about the mole who decided to forward the messages to SC's husband which kicked the whole thing off.

Wonder if John Lewis did anything about the husband who was/is employed by them. It was reported to them one their employees was making vile comments to members of the public.

I will never a fan so don't really care about SC. He owns a YC store anyway so still has a business.

I bet he got more custom at the shop due to his appearances on QVC.

If his hubby is so fiery and somewhat unstable in his ability to ride the storms which come when you have a partner on telly even if it is only flogging overpriced candles, then maybe Steven`s better off out of it. His hubby sounds a bit of a loose cannon and somewhat unpredictable so it`s maybe better safe than sorry. They can both live in candle bliss unfettered by comments about Steven`s hair or anything else and long may they be happy.

Just read the thread on Facebook. A couple of the female posters need a smack with their "should have kept it private" comments. WTF? Talk about blaming the victim and not the ****-stirrer who tagged his husband in in the first place! The comment about his hair was not in the least bit offensive. I wanted to post something but no way would I do that on an open page.

sad times he was a wonderful presenter and i loved his hair...life really is a bitch!

Not being au fait with FB I had just read the visitor posts but have now stumbled on the Q announcement with its 150 comments, some of which have several replies. So that was half an hour lost today! Some are really, really upset aren't they? All the muck- and blame-throwing just emphasises that it really is like the Wild West out there.

And can I remind everyone of the uproar when that woman did one presentation on one show, rather than Steven or Rosa? God knows what will happen unless and until they get a mini-me of Steven in as a replacement. I do feel sorry he has gone, mind, I am not being mean-spirited towards him. TIN HAT ON...... I actually thought he did a lot of the descriptions etc better than Rosa.... please do not hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said before I thought YC had the 2 best brand ambassadors.

I don't do Fakebook, very rarely read Fakebook as can never see any Posts from anyone but this really isn't good!

Ok, he's only on selly telly but how nasty can some people be tagging in and whatever else was going on! Thank God I stay away from this negative Social Media site. The list of bad things I've heard about Fakebook just grows and grows! Why do people get so obsessed with it all the time??

Good Luck to Steven and I am sure he will be fine with his Yankees! :mysmilie_48:

I've no idea what's going on here - don't do Facebook or Twitter but I'm assuming there's been a huge row over something and Steven has left, or been asked to leave, QVC. What a shame, I really liked him and if anyone could make me buy Yankee it was him.

CC

This seems to have been something many of you are aware of? For those who are not, can someone put a link to a previous thread, or whatever?

Latest posts

Back