Yankee Candle Retirement News.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dippy One

Guest Shopper
I joined the YC
Loyalty club and this week I received an email telling me about the new fragrances for 2011 and the fragrances to be retired.

Stupidly I didn't pick up the printed info today but I do know that Baby Powder is to be retired and replaced with a powder type candle and they did give a hint that Clean Cotton is to be retired to be remade into a modern cotton fragrance.

The fragrances being retired are from what I can remember and that's only 2 and they are Sage & Citrus and Candided Apple.

I will have more info on Monday.

oh no i like sage and citrus. no wonder clintons was selling the candided tarts for 52p and i bought 6 of them for autumn.
dont like baby powder or clean cotton though.:wonder:

I'm not a candle person (!) but I was always under the impression that Baby Powder and Clean Cotton were the two top selling fragrances?

They could bring them back one day. They retired my all-time fave - Vineyard - but have brought it back from the dead at least twice!

On the Christmas Yankee show at 5pm with the usual guest presenter Makeila(sorry about the spelling) and Julia there was a non christmassy LOVE surprise - 6 small jars which included Baby Powder and Clean Cotton - Julia warned everyone to stockpile as "some of the fragrances may not be around for long" she had been told about fragrances that were being retired soon but couldn't say which ones.

They were also selling one of last years Yankee Christmas TSV's on two easi-pays - it was the set with a green christmas tree which was bent over and had a hanging t-light holder and a general Christmas scene - Julia was making a big thing about it being exclusive to QVC and that Yankee had made it only for QVC - can anyone help me here i'm sure we all had a discussion last year about this TSV and that Just Candles had it on their website, i think, a little cheaper with better P&P? Anyone else remember this?:confused:

On the Christmas Yankee show at 5pm with the usual guest presenter Makeila(sorry about the spelling) and Julia there was a non christmassy LOVE surprise - 6 small jars which included Baby Powder and Clean Cotton - Julia warned everyone to stockpile as "some of the fragrances may not be around for long" she had been told about fragrances that were being retired soon but couldn't say which ones.

They were also selling one of last years Yankee Christmas TSV's on two easi-pays - it was the set with a green christmas tree which was bent over and had a hanging t-light holder and a general Christmas scene - Julia was making a big thing about it being exclusive to QVC and that Yankee had made it only for QVC - can anyone help me here i'm sure we all had a discussion last year about this TSV and that Just Candles had it on their website, i think, a little cheaper with better P&P? Anyone else remember this?:confused:

The Just Candles/Yankeedoodle tree had a train going around it, the QVC tree had snowmen

http://www.scentedcandleshop.com/online_store/yankee_candle_musical_christmas_tree_tart_burner.cfm

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.758081

Last edited:
ooh i have a yankee shop near me it's a little boutiquey like shop may pop in and ask if they are retiring baby powder and clean cotton

I suspect Honeysuckle is being retired as bought the great big candle for £8.99 from Clintons yesterday in the sale. Evening air was also in the sale I THINK. It was one of the dark blue ones.

Got the dragonfly tart burner for £6.49 too in the sale instead o£12.99! Bargain

I suspect Honeysuckle is being retired as bought the great big candle for £8.99 from Clintons yesterday in the sale.

Oh no.... I love Honeysuckle (I'm a floral gal); also love Stargazer Lily which I think QVC maybe only had for a season a while back. Have to check whether my local Clintons stocks YC:heartbroke:

Oh dear. :thinking: I am fairly new to Yankee Candle even though I love to burn candles especially scented ones and it was the triple combo of Honeysuckle, Midnight jasmine and Sheer gardenia offered by QVC a few weeks ago that "forced" me to try this brand. I had seen YC listed on QVC but didn't want to get started with another addiction. :sweat::sweat: But I :heart: honeysuckle and gardenia and have bought some others on another website metnioned in another thread here by someone. Plus I came across two small jars by accident when hubby and I stopped at TK Maxx. I don't get to go there often but may have to be a more frequent visitor if they get YC in every now and then. So now I need to go to town and check out the sales just in case.:devil:

As promised I have the info I said I would have for you today.

The retiring fragrances are Candied Apple , Macintosh and Sage & Citrus.

The new fragrances in group order to be released in Spring/Summer 2011 are (Floral) Garden Sanctuary (Green) , Pink Lady Slipper (Pink) & French Lavender (Purple) , (Fresh) Bahama Breeze (Light Blue) , Pink Sands (Pink). The only new Fruit fragrance is Country Lemonade (Yellow).

The fragrance that 'maybe' replacing Clean Cotton will have the scent of freshly washed linen will be called Fluffy Towels.

The replacement for Baby Powder will be a similar fragrance called Soft Blanket.

Hope this info helps you all.

As promised I have the info I said I would have for you today.

The retiring fragrances are Candied Apple , Macintosh and Sage & Citrus.

The new fragrances in group order to be released in Spring/Summer 2011 are (Floral) Garden Sanctuary (Green) , Pink Lady Slipper (Pink) & French Lavender (Purple) , (Fresh) Bahama Breeze (Light Blue) , Pink Sands (Pink). The only new Fruit fragrance is Country Lemonade (Yellow).

The fragrance that 'maybe' replacing Clean Cotton will have the scent of freshly washed linen will be called Fluffy Towels.

The replacement for Baby Powder will be a similar fragrance called Soft Blanket.

Hope this info helps you all.

interesting,thanks

I love the names "Fluffy Towel" and "Soft Blanket" - i know i'm mad but i would buy these without knowing what they smelt like - they just sound like "clean" and "baby" if you know what i mean. I'm looking forward to these new smells. Many Thanks Dippy One for this info.

Clintons are stocking an excellent range of YC imo.

I bought a large Macintosh Spice jar today from Clintons today , you can't even get Macintosh Spice in YC outlets.

I bought one called Early Sunrise or Early Morning or something like that yesterday, and it smells EXACTLY like Molton Brown's Rose Granati fragrance.

I've noticed that the fragrance names are going more and more ambiguous now. I'm waiting for 'Bolton Market' (the delicate smell of burned bacon and onions mingled with the subtle aroma of fag smoke and eau de gilet-that's-not-been-washed-for-5 years) and 'Lancashire Breeze' (the delightful scent of summer fields, sproadically intercepted by the heartwarming odour of pig muck and silage).

Big hits. I'm sure you'll agree.

I bought one called Early Sunrise or Early Morning or something like that yesterday, and it smells EXACTLY like Molton Brown's Rose Granati fragrance.

I've noticed that the fragrance names are going more and more ambiguous now. I'm waiting for 'Bolton Market' (the delicate smell of burned bacon and onions mingled with the subtle aroma of fag smoke and eau de gilet-that's-not-been-washed-for-5 years) and 'Lancashire Breeze' (the delightful scent of summer fields, sproadically intercepted by the heartwarming odour of pig muck and silage).

Big hits. I'm sure you'll agree.

Oh you know Bolton is very fragrant!!!Is this why the BBC top brass are not winging their way up North?

Latest posts

Back