Yankee Candle TSV 07/05/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you know if A Child's Wish smells very strong when burning? I can hardly smell it in the jar but was tempted as the scent I could faintly smell seemed nice. I think it's a Scent of the Month as it's £14.99 at my local place too.

i like this scent but the throw is very weak...

Do you know if A Child's Wish smells very strong when burning? I can hardly smell it in the jar but was tempted as the scent I could faintly smell seemed nice. I think it's a Scent of the Month as it's £14.99 at my local place too.

To be honest I have bought a large jat of this scent before. But when I opened the lid I got the whiff immediately but it wasn't over strong. But that's why I like Yankee, they're subtle.

Thanks, boffy and shropshire lass. Yes, some Yankees are very subtle and I don't like the overpowering ones from any make, but it sounds like A Child's Wish might be a bit too gentle for me. Appreciate the feedback.

It's a pity that Yankee don't put some sort of code on the jars with regards to the scent throw. Like how there's an image so you know if it's a fresh, floral, food etc. fragrance, you could have a number from 1-3 to indicate throw strength.

I love a strong throw and nothing annoys me more when I can't smell a burning scented candle after it's been burning for a while, however I know there are those out there who just like a light fragrance for their room.

Thanks, boffy and shropshire lass. Yes, some Yankees are very subtle and I don't like the overpowering ones from any make, but it sounds like A Child's Wish might be a bit too gentle for me. Appreciate the feedback.

I meant to say I haven't bought a large jar before. Sorry, that's why I had to go by the smell of the lid. Will see when I light it.

Childs Wish is one of Mr Marple's favourites so hopefully he will post for you :)

I don't think the price is too bad at £14.30 a jar all in for USA exclusives. I know comparing with other QVC offerings is not necessarily a good way to measure it but we are paying the same price per jar for the auto delivery drops of the last TSV which are not at all exclusive (available everywhere and in advance of when we get them). Also, I will order a set on the basis that I can sell any I don't like on eBay, where the rarer USA ones sell for about £10 more per jar so it's not such a risk with those.

However, I do agree that it might have been nicer to have been offered some treasures, especially now I've seen all the different scents on that fab website you recommended, Autumn!

I guess im comparing the TSV price of £36.96 to the Set of USA Floral Exclusives they had last month at an intro price of £37.92.

the us exclusives floral are very nice. a childs wish is really quite lovely. like a nice feminine perfume. its green and floral which is a nice combination.

They are probably my favourite set ive ever bought from Q, Each have a lovely strong fragrance and no tunnelling.

Pity I wasn't tempted before the price shot up on QVC. They are a bit over my price limit now but I will definitely keep an eye on eBay for an individual one or two. I don't like to think I'm missing out!

the us exclusives floral are very nice. a childs wish is really quite lovely. like a nice feminine perfume. its green and floral which is a nice combination.

Thanks. I might risk a medium jar of A Child's Wish after all then. As if I need more!

Well AndiK I started burning child's wish this morning and it is a light, floral waft of spring. My lounge isn't very big but it managed to get up the stairs. The son and heir when he emerged from his pit asked what the 'pong' was. Glad I bought it. May be worth seeing what the scent of the month is every month. Reasons not to shop at Q!

Well AndiK I started burning child's wish this morning and it is a light, floral waft of spring. My lounge isn't very big but it managed to get up the stairs. The son and heir when he emerged from his pit asked what the 'pong' was. Glad I bought it. May be worth seeing what the scent of the month is every month. Reasons not to shop at Q!

Thank you! That's quite promising so think I will give it a go.

(Ha ha, "son and heir"!)

I've bought a child's wish and haven't burnt it yet but it does smell lovely.

I saw half the launch show repeat at 8am and really enjoyed it. Rosa is such a good saleswoman, she's passionate but not OTT. Her descriptions are a bit fancy but they make sense, I can imagine the smell. I like Charlie anyway and he let Rosa doing most of the talking, she's a natural.

At the weekend we had visitors up for the Cycling event. I got out my old tart burner and some of our very own Lady Darls' tarts, which are still as good as new after God knows how many years. I was burning the Flowerbomb one, and it took me right back to the good old days. I often wonder what happened to everyone, I went away, distracted by other things, and when I come back there's hardly anyone I know left! (I've still got my 'Nutcase' battenburg special edition ones, created in honour of Mrs James!)

Very tempted to buy the Childhood Memories set but I have spent too much on Ultrasun products recently. Even so, I am really enjoying watching Rosa on the Yankee hours. She is so pleasant in her manner and presentation. Some presenters need to take note.

Childs Wish is one of Mr Marple's favourites so hopefully he will post for you :)

Someone called??? Ha, Ha.
Yes, I'm a big fan of 'A Childs Wish'. (I still hate the name though, how in Gods name did they come up with it? I had lots of wishes as a child but none of them smelled like this candle!!). I actually only tried this fragrance because I'm on a constant search to find something similar to 'Garden Hideaway', my all time favourite Yankee candle. ACW (along with Meadow Showers') are the closest I've found so far.
As for the throw, it's not the strongest, but it's by no means the weakest either. (Yes, Orange Splash, I'm talking about you)!
I can certainly smell it all around the house when it's lit. But saying that, it's definitely stronger in the tart version IMO, which seems to be the norm with Yankee these days.

Latest posts

Back