Yankee Candles TSV 24/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No jar candles for me any more. I bought a Scenterpiece the other week and it really is fantastic. The melt cups give the best throw you can imagine, and being able to change scents instantly is brilliant. It takes the electric melt warmers to another level.
I really like the look of the scenterpiece, but doesn't it work out really expensive as the melt are about a fiver each, unless you can re-use them? On another note I have tried some of the new scents in the melts and was surprised to really like the "my serenity" one but the "verbena" one seems to have very little scent,

I really like the look of the scenterpiece, but doesn't it work out really expensive as the melt are about a fiver each, unless you can re-use them? On another note I have tried some of the new scents in the melts and was surprised to really like the "my serenity" one but the "verbena" one seems to have very little scent,

You can re-use the plastic cups and 2 tarts go in there. When melted they are exactly the size of a melt cup. You can also melt a votive in there as long as you remember to fish out the metal bit when molten. I also scoop out the last bit of wax at the bottom of large jar candles and melt the wax in a melt cup on the scenterpiece. All of the different waxes slide out when popped in the freezer for a bit.

You can re-use the plastic cups and 2 tarts go in there. When melted they are exactly the size of a melt cup. You can also melt a votive in there as long as you remember to fish out the metal bit when molten. I also scoop out the last bit of wax at the bottom of large jar candles and melt the wax in a melt cup on the scenterpiece. All of the different waxes slide out when popped in the freezer for a bit.

Thanks Weathergirl, that is very helpful and informative, I feel a treat for myself coming on x

I bought some scenterpiece cups in the post Christmas sale at half price. Atm the cups and the scenterpiece are not in use though as I bought a cheap Yankee Santa electric burner from boundary mill and been using that.
I love jArs personally but only getting the tsv auto and gonna refrain from anything else as trying out other brands like some of the U.K. Store brands and brands like goosecreek, woodwick, candleberry and Kringle that are less known in uk.

Thanks Weathergirl, that is very helpful and informative, I feel a treat for myself coming on x

Weather girl had given some great tips there. Although the initial cost can seek more expensive, the melt cups themselves last for hours on end, the official word is that the scent is good for 24 hours, but you really could go on for much longer than that. The scenterpiece itself is quite large so you'll need a bit more space than for a standard melt warmer, but I think it looks really stylish. I bought the 'Robyn' and it looks fab, like a piece of pottery/ornament.

On yankee's official website there's an offer at the mo where you get a free melt cup when you buy a scenterpiece. It's free delivery over £30 too.

Last edited:
You are welcome. (No like/thank button on my App)

Sometimes I mix up tarts in the scenterpiece to use up those I am not keen on. At the moment though I have 2 Cassis ones going, and I have 2 Lemongrass and Ginger waiting in the wings.

That's really helpful Weathergirl, thanks. I've been resisting them as I like my Ollie Owl electric melt warmer and I still have lots of melts, and votives to burn, and didn't want to waste them - but now I can treat myself to a Scenterpiece too!

You are welcome. (No like/thank button on my App)

Sometimes I mix up tarts in the scenterpiece to use up those I am not keen on. At the moment though I have 2 Cassis ones going, and I have 2 Lemongrass and Ginger waiting in the wings.

Urgh I hate that Cassis, smells like sweat to me! (I'm sure it's meant to smell lovely, my nose must be a bit "off" for that one) I mixed it with fresh cut roses (which I'm not mad on either, but I begrudge wasting melts) and it worked out quite nicely.

I was going to order the TSV as I really want the second drop however I've ordered the OTO so think I'll give the TSV a miss as bakery air is getting very bad reviews.

I was going to order the TSV as I really want the second drop however I've ordered the OTO so think I'll give the TSV a miss as bakery air is getting very bad reviews.

What is being said about Bakery Air, Autumn? Weak, unpleasant, tunnelling?

I can't decide about the TSV and ADs either. I really don't need any more jars and should use up what I have but am always too tempted by the USA specials. I have noticed a few "exclusives" that QVC have had the ask year or so do appear elsewhere, such as yankeecandle.co.uk, a few months later though. Then there's the prices going up ... I think I'll be giving it a miss.

What is being said about Bakery Air, Autumn? Weak, unpleasant, tunnelling?

I can't decide about the TSV and ADs either. I really don't need any more jars and should use up what I have but am always too tempted by the USA specials. I have noticed a few "exclusives" that QVC have had the ask year or so do appear elsewhere, such as yankeecandle.co.uk, a few months later though. Then there's the prices going up ... I think I'll be giving it a miss.

People are saying it smells like curry lol so if you liked salted caramel (I hated it) you will probably like bakery air.

Seems some have already ordered the TSV. A woman on the QVC Facebook page is going nuts over this, she had her ordered cancelled and QVC say no can order a TSV early:mysmilie_15:. Others are saying but what about the Elemis etc which are released early? The original woman had her first thread deleted which made her even more angry. Someone has commented they saw the TSV details else where and people had already bought and not had their order cancelled. Favouritism. QVC are now looking into this.:mysmilie_59:

Oh, another poster has said its only candles and plenty to go round

Seems some have already ordered the TSV. A woman on the QVC Facebook page is going nuts over this, she had her ordered cancelled and QVC say no can order a TSV early:mysmilie_15:. Others are saying but what about the Elemis etc which are released early? The original woman had her first thread deleted which made her even more angry. Someone has commented they saw the TSV details else where and people had already bought and not had their order cancelled. Favouritism. QVC are now looking into this.:mysmilie_59:

Yes I saw that too , tbf the lady had a fair point but of course the usual people had to be nasty to her, considering her post was aimed at Q I don't know why they felt the need to get involved.

I tried to order yesterday but they said No , now I'm glad as I went for the OTO instead .

People are saying it smells like curry lol so if you liked salted caramel (I hated it) you will probably like bakery air.

Errrrrrm .... I like the smell of curry when it's coming off a plate of food and I'm hungry but not sure I want a curry candle! How odd! I did not like Salted Caramel, no. Think I'm better off giving this a miss.

Q will likely stop people posting advance notice of TSV's on their FB again now!!!!

The main reason I love getting advance notice of upcoming TSVs, with all the details and prices, on shoppingtelly.com, apart from the fact the stupid QVC UK Facebook page is giving us less and less advance information, is we don't need to watch the launch show to find out ... which is great news in this case as the midnight presenter of the Yankee TSV is DF.

Urgh I hate that Cassis, smells like sweat to me! (I'm sure it's meant to smell lovely, my nose must be a bit "off" for that one) I mixed it with fresh cut roses (which I'm not mad on either, but I begrudge wasting melts) and it worked out quite nicely.

i am not a fan of cassis either like fresh cut roses

I heard that bakery air wasn't unpleasant and was simply yet another bakery scent that was similar to their current cookie esque scents but was light.

Last edited:
The main reason I love getting advance notice of upcoming TSVs, with all the details and prices, on shoppingtelly.com, apart from the fact the stupid QVC UK Facebook page is giving us less and less advance information, is we don't need to watch the launch show to find out ... which is great news in this case as the midnight presenter of the Yankee TSV is DF.
How very true!!!!!!!!

Re Bakery Air, it does say it includes cinnamon which I generally like so I shall still go for it...... all of it! I was very tempted by the OTO but just about managed to resist as I really want the Pure Essence round 2 jars. I shall have to find another shelf!

social media eh

Latest posts

Back