Yankee Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

katiesallybliss

Registered Shopper
Hi,

Does anyone like or use Yankee candles.

I like them very much and use them a lot. I do wish QVC would sell a few more of the fragrances though, and also wish they had more sets without trays and shades. Once you've got a few trays and shades if you are like me, you don't really want to buy more just to get a nice smelling candle, smiles.

I must admit to buying most of mine now from another website, yankeedoodle, smiles.

Katie

i really like Yankee candles, they have some of the best scents, and last quite a while

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I loved YC as well although don't tend to buy them very often from QVC. I only burn tarts although I have recently bought some new votive holders so burn these as well at the mo.

I have an outlet mill near home which sells YC so I either get mine from there or from a Hallmark card shop near where I used to work. If we have a trip out to Boundary Mill in Colne I buy from there as well.

Love Yankee Candle - in fact last night had a party and lit a few (French Vanilla and Sweet Strawberry) to disguise potential for kitty litter odour (you never know if visitors can whiff it!?) and about nine people - the first thing they said when they walked in the door was 'Oh you're house smell lovely!"
I use Hanna's too but you only get a real houseful of scent with Yankee.

I love yankee candles too but get fed up of QVC selling the same old fragrances,they seem to reel out fresh cut roses and clean cotton all the time,I am hoping to stock up when I go to America in a fortnight,they have a great shop in the Florida mall:4:and they are cheaper than here too!!
I like the fruity flavoured ones best of all and some of the food type ones.
I have a tart burner I burn in the hall and like to swap the fragrances every now and again...with it being a small space it really makes the hall smell good.

I love Yankee Candles. Have currently got the Australian Oasis which is from the World Journeys collection. It is wonderfull. Its a mix of apple, hibiscus and sandalwood and everyone comments on it. I too wish QVC would do more sets without shades and trays as I find that the fragrance isn't as strong if I use a shade.

thanks for all your replies. I must admit to not buying as many YC's from QVC now, and do use websites and even e-bay, smiles.

I too think the shades disguise the fragrance, but do usually use a tray to sit the jar on.

I have never tried a tart burner, to be honest don't even know what they are like or even what to do with one.

Katie

Love Yankee Candle - in fact last night had a party and lit a few (French Vanilla and Sweet Strawberry) to disguise potential for kitty litter odour (you never know if visitors can whiff it!?) and about nine people - the first thing they said when they walked in the door was 'Oh you're house smell lovely!"
I use Hanna's too but you only get a real houseful of scent with Yankee.

May I just say that that quote should say 'your', not 'you're' but I did only get three hours sleep last night!

I have never tried a tart burner, to be honest don't even know what they are like or even what to do with one.

Katie

They're basically little burners that have a top part in which you put a Yankee wax tart, then underneath there is an open part in which you put a tea light, you light the tea light, the wax tart in the burner melts and you release the fragrance. In some ways they can work out a bit more economically than candles as they don't burn away as such, and you can re-use them over and over...

Should also say that one of our members, Darls - makes her own wax tarts that can go in the Yankee burners, and they smell scrummy...

Love Yankee candles. I wouldn't buy them from QVC, though. The packages are too expensive, and there's always something you don't want. Might as well buy the ones you do like from a shop, or from Yankeedoodle.co.uk. And I don't find most of the ceramic burners etc that attractive.

I went along to our local outlet yesterday and bought some YC as a birthday gift for someone that I don't know particularly well - she's the lady who co-owns my daughter's Karate club - always think they are a great gift for anyone. My store had Beach Walk as the Fragrance of the month which means they discont this fragrance by 25%. Got her a small candle, votive holder and votive for just over £10.00. Bargain!

I've got three different tarts burning around the house at the mo. Spring Bouquet in the living room, Freesia on my landing and Sun and Sand in my bathroom.

Latest posts

Back