Yankee TSV - 22.9

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you SCW!!!! My money is safe tho as its spicy, spicy, spicy. I had a feeling it would be a repeat of last years idea. It will make two good looking pressies though for people tho. Thanks again, you're a star as always. ;o)

don't be daft lovey, I DO NOT feel let down at all. I am really pleased to know my money is safe on this as now I can look forward to spending it on other Yankee goodies on the day instead LOL. I am not let down at all, more excited tbh as there is a Dessert Range with an item no. that I would far rather have!!! Much rather smell choccie cake than yucky camomile tea. I am PLEASED with you!!!!! xxx

Not really for me as I prefer the jars. Interesting though because I thought strawberry buttercream had been discontinued. Not one I particularly like but I'm sure it's one of the ones marked down because it's discontinued.

I like the spicy and foodie ones and I like some florals but not everyone does of course.

Not sure about the exact fragrances, but my brother bought 2 of these books (red) with a dozen samplers in, from the outlet centre in Castleford. The Hallmark shop. £8.99 each. They were Christmas smells.

A lot cheaper than QVC although the fragrances are probably different. I bought a tart burner with loads of owls sitting on a tree with Christmas hats on and baubles and snow, with a dangly tart holder. Price £10.99. Could never have got it from QVC for that price. And I love it. That will be on my fireplace come the festive season. (I am a big kid at heart).

So won't be buying this. I prefer tarts to samplers anyway. :nod:

Thanks SCW. I have two of these stashed away from my haul in the January sales so my money's safe as well.

Yankee TSV

Is it just me ordoes anyone else think the TSV is poor value. I heard Ali K ask how much it would cost normally and Rosaa said £43. When you take into account the dreaded p & p thet brings the price up to £36 so you only save £7!! I know it doesn't take into account the boxes and the fact that some of the flavours are hard to get hold of but I think I'll pass on this one. I have been buying the samplers in ASDA recently and they've had some for £1 each.

Poor full-stop. It's the wax equivalent of last weeks l'occitane effort - lots of dog ends of stuff packaged up and flogged off as some sort of bargain. The book idea is naff too.

Oh dear and Ive gone and ordered these, one for my niece, who although I dont buy her a christmas present as such, I always get her something Christmassy before, and she loves candles, so as much for the novelty of them as anything, the other one to go with my friends present.

Never mind saves me looking for anything else.

If you hand them over with an ironic smile you'll probably get away with it.

Do a Jill franks and say they're "kitch" :0)

Oh dear and Ive gone and ordered these, one for my niece, who although I dont buy her a christmas present as such, I always get her something Christmassy before, and she loves candles, so as much for the novelty of them as anything, the other one to go with my friends present.

Never mind saves me looking for anything else.

If your niece likes candles I think that's a lovely (& very generous!) pre-Crimble surprise & I'm sure you're friend will be equally delighted! :sun:

In general however, I agree with the two previous posters coments on this TSV, hardly the bargain of the century & definitely leaning towards taking the pee!

I'm not a fan of YC anyway, I think several of those 'flavours' came with my original electric tart warmer & most of them gave me (& OH!) a stonking headache, so now I stick to Darls' efforts, which I find much nicer & not migraine inducing! :sun:

The way they go on about the ruddy things does my head in in itself, 'mixology', 'candle-scaping'.....it's just a friggin' candle FGS, something you burn to make your house smell nice, it's not a solution to world peace or a perfect ecology.....! :dull:

far far too much spice in there for me this time, I think I'd like 4 or 5 out of 12 in one of the boxes as the others are all spicy. Looking out for other goodies today instead :eek:)

If I use votives, I like to burn 2 at a time, same fragrance. I have a pair of Partylite ice cube style votive holders for that purpose. So the TSV is useless to me as its only 1 of each fragrance, and I ain't buying 2 sets with silly p&p. In any event, I don't think it represents good value either. The real saving is negligible after factoring in p&p. I usually use tarts anyway.

i've decided never to burn candles again after trying to wipe a tiny mark off my cream wall and ending up with a big black smear :(( can't think what else it is...

i've decided never to burn candles again after trying to wipe a tiny mark off my cream wall and ending up with a big black smear :(( can't think what else it is...

I share your view about the jars. It took 3 coats of paint to redo my ceiling. This is why I burn tarts mostly now. I have 1 Yankee jar (bought at car boot for a quid - would have been rude not to) but am using an Illuma lid thingy which seems to stop the sooting.

Not for me either. I'm not a fan of the votives at all. Too small to give much scent. Also not a fan of spicy smells. Gives me a headache or nausea after a while.

Also agree about the comments re the sooting jars. I do own a shade and an illuma lid thingy, but certain fragrances seem more sooty than others, no matter what you do. The rather irritating Michaela can ramble on about trimming wicks etc, not burning in a draft, blah blah, but I ended up chucking out a half burned Beach Flowers jar, because it was continually blackened inside the jar, the shade and was starting to mark the wall.
I'm sticking to melting the tarts now, but I'm really feeling my love affair with Yankee is all but over.
Sainsburys do some really good multi wick candles that smell strong and don't smoke. Fraction of the cost too.

The way they go on about the ruddy things does my head in in itself, 'mixology', 'candle-scaping'.....it's just a friggin' candle FGS, something you burn to make your house smell nice, it's not a solution to world peace or a perfect ecology.....! :dull:

Oh and I certainly agree about this. It drives me barmy. Please stop trying to turn lighting a bleedin candle into a degree level subject! Talk about full of their own misguided importance!

The TSV is quite good value, but I've gone off Yankee candles since I started to detect more of a 'petroleum' fragrance to them, so I won't be buying it. My favourite fragrance is vanilla and when I discovered the Milkhouse creamery range I knew I'd found my ideal candle. I stocked up with 10 pure vanilla jars when they were in clearance so I'm sorted for quite a while. :wink:

I do still have some Yankee candle tarts (which I will use some time) and a couple of votives from months ago but, with the latter, I found that unless you burn a few at a time a single one doesn't really fragrance the house - unless you stick your nose right by it.

Oh and I certainly agree about this. It drives me barmy. Please stop trying to turn lighting a bleedin candle into a degree level subject! Talk about full of their own misguided importance!

Don't joke about it, it may well be a degree subject.....University Challenge - 'Charlotte Triplewick, 27 & I'm reading Candle-Scaping & Mixology'......everything else is! (She's 27 'cos she already has degrees in 'Texting' & 'Bed Arranging' but is going for a third one as she still isn't quite ready to join the rat race just yet.....!)
:mysmilie_501:

Sorry, that was sooooo OT - back to the candles then. :sleepy:

Latest posts

Back