Yankee TSV - 22.9

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I've just come back from my local garden centre and the individual votives are £1.60 each which means buying the candles individually would be £38.40 which is a saving of just over £2 when you add the postage. If you want them as two individual gifts then the boxes are fab but if you want to break them up or want them for yourself then it's better to buy the ones you want.

To be fair they didn't have some of the ones in these sets but they had plenty of choice.

I have started buying Kringle candles. I really like their tart warmers and l have 2 stockists where I live. They're a bit pricier than Yankee but the fragrances are lovely. Kringle are made by the grandson of Yankee Candle founder, Mike Kettridge. The packaging is more understated and upmarket looking and the entire range is white. I still like Yankee wax tarts but I tend to buy more Kringle these days.

I went into the Yankee store in the Lowry Graveyard Mall the other day after watching a matinee of The Haunting at the Lowry Theatre... Coming to a theatre near you soon, don't go its rubbish..but thats not for now. So, I knew exactly what I wanted which was a large 3wick tumbler in lemon lavender, the only Yankee fragrance that I can stomach for long periods. Needless to say they didn't have a tumbler and I had to get a normal jar instead, which means I have to hide it behind a vase because I can't bear to look at it... But that's not for now. Anyhow my pal, a yankee virgin, bought a large Sicilian Lemon and it indeed smelled pleasant in the shop. So, we go back to his place for se....... errr coffee :angel: and he lights said candle. The yellow didn't go with his colour scheme at all, it made me feel uncomfortable but that's not for now.... The point is that 3 hours later we were still waiting for it to whiff of something. And by the time I left it must have been lit for 5 hours :clock: and not a sausage.

If you're thinking that a second rate bougie is to be expected from a second rate outlet Yankee shop I'd like you to know that the prices were the same as buying from House of Fraser. The only cut price items were naff tart holders and some strange coconut concoctions which were the only large tumblers in the shop.

All in all, what with the crap play, the lack of L&L tumblers, the high prices and the quality of the sicilian lemon it was a pretty duff excursion. The se..... err coffee wasn't all that either! :heartbroke:

If I use votives, I like to burn 2 at a time, same fragrance. I have a pair of Partylite ice cube style votive holders for that purpose. So the TSV is useless to me as its only 1 of each fragrance, and I ain't buying 2 sets with silly p&p. In any event, I don't think it represents good value either. The real saving is negligible after factoring in p&p. I usually use tarts anyway.

I'm the same. Like to burn 2 x same votives on either side of my burner. I bought 2 x boxes in the Jan sales when they were half price for this reason. I saw a bit of the demo this morning and was a bit disappiointed/relieved that this year's box only had one of the new fragrances in it. Really a very poor TSV from YC but then what can you expect when they are popping them out every other month now.

I have started buying Kringle candles. I really like their tart warmers and l have 2 stockists where I live. They're a bit pricier than Yankee but the fragrances are lovely. Kringle are made by the grandson of Yankee Candle founder, Mike Kettridge. The packaging is more understated and upmarket looking and the entire range is white. I still like Yankee wax tarts but I tend to buy more Kringle these days.

I'd love to try these but have no stockists near me yet.

I agree with Polly Ester about Sainsbury's candles. I was given a mango flavour set of double-wick candle in a tumbler and room spray for last Christmas. The candle lasted ages and gave off a lovely perfume - just the right "saturation" for my middle size living room.

I always buy myself a couple of YCs when I'm in Florida, flavours that I've not seen here. I've got a good baggage allowance this Nov with BA so can maybe buy a few more for pressies.

Linda xx

I went into the Yankee store in the Lowry Graveyard Mall the other day after watching a matinee of The Haunting at the Lowry Theatre... Coming to a theatre near you soon, don't go its rubbish..but thats not for now. So, I knew exactly what I wanted which was a large 3wick tumbler in lemon lavender, the only Yankee fragrance that I can stomach for long periods. Needless to say they didn't have a tumbler and I had to get a normal jar instead, which means I have to hide it behind a vase because I can't bear to look at it... But that's not for now. Anyhow my pal, a yankee virgin, bought a large Sicilian Lemon and it indeed smelled pleasant in the shop. So, we go back to his place for se....... errr coffee :angel: and he lights said candle. The yellow didn't go with his colour scheme at all, it made me feel uncomfortable but that's not for now.... The point is that 3 hours later we were still waiting for it to whiff of something. And by the time I left it must have been lit for 5 hours :clock: and not a sausage.

If you're thinking that a second rate bougie is to be expected from a second rate outlet Yankee shop I'd like you to know that the prices were the same as buying from House of Fraser. The only cut price items were naff tart holders and some strange coconut concoctions which were the only large tumblers in the shop.

All in all, what with the crap play, the lack of L&L tumblers, the high prices and the quality of the sicilian lemon it was a pretty duff excursion. The se..... err coffee wasn't all that either! :heartbroke:
What a disappointment BurlyB, no 3 wick lemon lavender, and no sausage either.

At least you'd a se..... coffee, so not all bad. But thank you for your description of your day out, i really enjoyed it and it made me

LOL. :clapping::rock:

What a disappointment BurlyB, no 3 wick lemon lavender, and no sausage either.

At least you'd a se..... coffee, so not all bad. But thank you for your description of your day out, i really enjoyed it and it made me

LOL. :clapping::rock:

More of a cocktail chipolata

I'd love to try these but have no stockists near me yet.[/QUOTE

Kringle have their own FB page and website for mail order. I personally prefer to smell things before i buy as candle descriptions are very deceiving I think, the descriptions often sound fab but the wax smells yuck. But for me with Kringle there are no outlets at all near me so its mail order or nothing though. The hot chocolate smells lovely but a lot of the other were disappointments.

I agree with Polly Ester about Sainsbury's candles. I was given a mango flavour set of double-wick candle in a tumbler and room spray for last Christmas. The candle lasted ages and gave off a lovely perfume - just the right "saturation" for my middle size living room.

I always buy myself a couple of YCs when I'm in Florida, flavours that I've not seen here. I've got a good baggage allowance this Nov with BA so can maybe buy a few more for pressies.

Linda xx

I wish we had an Outlet like the one at Prime over here Linda don't you?

I share your view about the jars. It took 3 coats of paint to redo my ceiling. This is why I burn tarts mostly now. I have 1 Yankee jar (bought at car boot for a quid - would have been rude not to) but am using an Illuma lid thingy which seems to stop the sooting.

flamenco - did you slap the paint straight on? i was wondering if i'd have to wash it first and can't even imagine what a palaver that would be.....

Watching the presentation at 10pm during which they featured the so-called three jar "Artisan" collection. Rosa was waxing lyrical ( sorry for pun) about how these were special as the same blend could never be achieved again. Artisan my a-se, they are obviously made of all the various left-overs melted together to be flogged off as something special. Come on Yankee, credit us with a bit more intelligence than that!

flamenco - did you slap the paint straight on? i was wondering if i'd have to wash it first and can't even imagine what a palaver that would be.....

I just slapped it straight on! I did try washing it off, but that made it worse as it just spread the sooting.

Latest posts

Back