YBF - 'over-cooked'?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Claire's top

I loved the top too, come on you detectives, you always come up with the goods!
Thanks

The big Christmas selection boxes from YBF/Models Prefer were poorer quality than the regular items in the range, but the same is true of many brands. Some of the smashbox big palettes were poor. They look tempting but they're never very practical unless you have lots of dressing table space and use >50% of the contents on a daily basis.

All the make up vendors on QVC are under pressure to churn out new products to tempt buyers every couple of months. A brand with a small core range of products wouldn't attract enough repeat purchases other than to replace used up products; it's the colour products for lips, eyes and cheek that tempt those impulse buys: Hands up if you have 4 or more of Laura Geller's Blush & Brighten 9g compacts that's you'll never get through in 5 years?

I met Stacey in 2005 and she's a hoot but I'd never phone in or text, those T callers make me cringe, hoping she'll remember them by reminding her of their own personal tragedies. If only these lonely souls would pick up the phone and speak to a friend, relative or neighbour who actually knows them they'd probably have a more fulfilling conversation.

Jude xx

The big Christmas selection boxes from YBF/Models Prefer were poorer quality than the regular items in the range, but the same is true of many brands. Some of the smashbox big palettes were poor. They look tempting but they're never very practical unless you have lots of dressing table space and use >50% of the contents on a daily basis.

All the make up vendors on QVC are under pressure to churn out new products to tempt buyers every couple of months. A brand with a small core range of products wouldn't attract enough repeat purchases other than to replace used up products; it's the colour products for lips, eyes and cheek that tempt those impulse buys: Hands up if you have 4 or more of Laura Geller's Blush & Brighten 9g compacts that's you'll never get through in 5 years?

I met Stacey in 2005 and she's a hoot but I'd never phone in or text, those T callers make me cringe, hoping she'll remember them by reminding her of their own personal tragedies. If only these lonely souls would pick up the phone and speak to a friend, relative or neighbour who actually knows them they'd probably have a more fulfilling conversation.

Jude xx

Or join a forum

Sorry, going off piste about here, but when I first started watching qvc, I honestly thought the telephone callers were stage set ! they are / were so toe curling beyond belief that I couldn't believe my ears. Women were ringing in to actually THANK the old boy who pronounced watches WHAAAAAAAATCHES, for making them, how about that !

Well, I did ring in ONCE, to tell the Indigo Moon designer (karen k ?) who never appears now, to put pockets in her jackets - that was in the days when I thought they were 'different'. Now I press mute when a T caller comes on.

it did all seem a bit forced, guess she would be nervous after having had a couple of difficult years. I like Stacey but agree the American way of relentless yelling and bellowing of many of the Q guests is a bit wearing. Love the eyebrow pencils but have had nothing else from this range as I think you can get better choice and value in Boots. The end results all looked a bit 80's to me, Joy was almost unrecognisable and not in a good way!

It's on now and I can't believe how heavy-handed they're all being with the makeup. It really does look dreadful and so amateurish IMO and certainly not likely to tempt anyone to order the products.

Edited to add:- They've just shown Joy and she looks really nice. I'm glad one person knows how to apply makeup!

Last edited:
I've just ordered the famous eyebrow pencils. Never had an eyebrow pencil before because I've never plucked my eyebrows but I was convinced when Stacey said that it covered grey hairs and I'm starting to get a few of those. Are there cheaper and as good alternatives? I am quite fair.
Yes Avons eyebrow pencil in blonde does as good a job as YBF and Ive used both. Avons cost around £3 when it is half price every few brochures and winds up like the YBF one. It doesnt have a brush but you could use a soft clean mascara wand. No Im not an Avon rep btw!

I rather like Avon make up but my rep moved and hasn't been replaced (NO, definitely not). I don't use a lot of make up so the cheaper brands are fine because I throw out lots of half-used stuff after a few months (don't like to keep stuff for years just because there's some left in the tube).

I had a few MP items but the cases/compacts always fell apart well before the product was finished and I used to end up with chunks of yellow powder in the bottom of my handbag !

I saw the quick 5 mins of Kathy T and Stacey in the Breakfast show and she (Stacey) did seem nervous and didn't make too good a job of showing us where our eyebrows should start and end. She was wearing THE MOST ENORMOUS false eyelashes - perhaps AY could introduce her to her NBF (new best friend) Natalia Fererra ?

Hello All - my 1st post !! lets mention YBF

Ive watched QVC since day one, and over the years as I watched my Sky dish get smaller and smaller, whilst QVC got bigger & bigger.

I thought I'd start by mentioning the return of 'Model's Prefer' now known as YBF

The launch of Model's Prefer (MP) all those years ago, was a huge hit. At the time we were doing the usual foundation cream/powder routine without a second thought, and Staceys fresh input of MP, "triple milled" "Yellow Powder" "aqua water based gel formulas" was as new, and fresh as the Pot Noodle from the late 1970s, but now? Not so.

I feel, Stacey has made a huge mistake not getting up to speed, regarding cosmetics today. I feel, women no longer wish to look 'Dynasty' or 'Diva', they want HD, illuminating, reflecting, photo friendly formulas, NOT drenched with chemicals, looking heavy powdery cracky and cake-y.

Please forgive me, but Stacey looked over made-up with such a huge routine on her part, that didn't actually cover up her shadows well at all. (Maybe the new studio lighting isn't as kind as Battersea)

Anyway. A nice rant to start off! Looking forward to getting to know you all! xx

Has Amica been poorly, I know about Alison K but I must have missed news about Amica

I agree with you , it all looked overdone and bit tacky, dare i say. New myself, so a big WELCOME to you QVCsinceday1.
xx

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :wave:

I like Stacey and I bought her eyebrow pencil but woulnd't buy other products from her range as I don't think they are very good.

Wasnt sure where to put this question.... anybody know where Claire Suttons top was from ????

She was wearing it on the first ybf show today !

Thanks everyone !

bumping this questing...... Claires top - any ideas even ?

Latest posts

Back