YBF - 'over-cooked'?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
Nice to see the return of Stacey, but I thought the make-up all looked a bit caked-on and old fashioned during this evening's show. Some of the colours looked well dodgy. :cheeky:

Amica looked better before she started. Those eyebrows were way too dark and so obviously drawn on. Coco the clown came to mind. I rather suspect people are buying Stacey more than the actual product. It's a fantastic sales ploy.

And gobby was conspicuous by her absence wasn't she?

Did we ever find out why YBF defected to IW? I can't help thinking that Stacey seems to have trouble maintaining working relationships. She fell out with QVC US, acrimonious court case over the MP name and an out of court settlement. She's never appeared since. Thn she fell out with QVC UK....who knows why? And then she very quickly fell out with IW before taking her hiatus.

I suspect she's very demanding, possibly difficult, and I don't like the religious undercurrent that keeps surfacing.

Nice to see the return of Stacey, but I thought the make-up all looked a bit caked-on and old fashioned during this evening's show. Some of the colours looked well dodgy. :cheeky:

From what I caught this afternoon, I thought just the same.

Amica looked better before she started. Those eyebrows were way too dark and so obviously drawn on. Coco the clown came to mind. I rather suspect people are buying Stacey more than the actual product. It's a fantastic sales ploy.

Much as I like Amica, she has never been good at applying makeup, she is very heavy handed!!!

Did we ever find out why YBF defected to IW? I can't help thinking that Stacey seems to have trouble maintaining working relationships. She fell out with QVC US, acrimonious court case over the MP name and an out of court settlement. She's never appeared since. Thn she fell out with QVC UK....who knows why? And then she very quickly fell out with IW before taking her hiatus.

I suspect she's very demanding, possibly difficult, and I don't like the religious undercurrent that keeps surfacing.

AY is on with Stacey tomorrow!

I can picture Stacey rifling through AY's make up bag while she isn't looking, checking for Mally.

Didnt see any YBF on that bathroom windowsill!

I am going to risk life and limb now I know.......I have never liked Stacey. Her loud selling style,girlfriends this and girlfriends that every few minutes,can't watch her for long,in fact five minutes was enough for me today. Why do these American guests think they have to shout to be heard.

Do you think Stacey knows what Ali K has gone through as she made several comments through the show about Amica and her battle but didn't really seem to mention the same for Alison.

They are both doing and looking amazing, huge admiration and hugs goes to them both from me.

Do you think Stacey knows what Ali K has gone through as she made several comments through the show about Amica and her battle but didn't really seem to mention the same for Alison.

They are both doing and looking amazing, huge admiration and hugs goes to them both from me.

She did make comment re Alison, think she just mentioned Amica more as she and Amica are friends.

I thought it was great to see Stacey back... she is as entertaining as ever!!!

That said, I was not tempted to buy anything (which kind of defeats the purpose!!) and absolutely agree with what everyone is saying.

The best thing about her demo is that it was as real as ever, I loved the fact that she kept asking for the camera to come in closer to show all her imperfections.

However, the make-up was badly demo'd...her timing seemed off and she was not explaining all her technicques or products as she was using them...

Wasnt sure where to put this question.... anybody know where Claire Suttons top was from ????

She was wearing it on the first ybf show today !

Thanks everyone !

I am going to risk life and limb now I know.......I have never liked Stacey. Her loud selling style,girlfriends this and girlfriends that every few minutes,can't watch her for long,in fact five minutes was enough for me today. Why do these American guests think they have to shout to be heard.
W
I am with you on this one and I do like American people,but can't stand calling everyone girlfriend,she maybe entertaining to some but as I said before anything I ever ordered was very poor quality.
Lynn

I suspect a lot of it is also down to money - she might want you to be her girlfriend, but it comes at a price. I'm sure I saw dollar signs appear in her eyes when AK announced that they had shifted several thousand of the eye-brow pencil :hi:

The brand would be nothing without her - from what others have said much of it is the kind of stuff you might find on a market stall - so you have got to admire her business acumen.

Some years ago one of my daughters bought a large beauty set in a case and it was IMO very poor quality even the handle on the case broke off. My daughter returned the lot for a full refund never to buy any YBF ever again.

I rate some of Stacey's stuff, her yellow neutralising powder is fab, the trio concealer pallete was very good and I used to use her models prefer primer before I got hold of Laura Geller's. I ordered the brow pencil duo this evening on pre-order.
Think Stacey was a bit nervous, it being her first time back on QVC for 2 years, there may be a lot riding on the success of these shows so I wish her well and hope she gets lots more air time. Her Christmas tsv boxes were always well received presents in our household.

Yes, the evangelical bit puts me in mind of Marshall's wife, Bo Chrysalis, from Absolutely Fabulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6WyEJFSUmw

Everyone was surprised she was still appearing on QVC UK after the business with QVC US. Info on Facebook from I believe people who went on the cruise, was IW was a nightmare to deal with according to Stacey. She couldn't wait to leave.

I noticed Stacey last night said about the brand being revamped and the parabens etc taken out and it took a while. Strange the whole time she was selling on HSN in the US. So a cover explanation in case people T Calling asked questions.

Okay I have said for years, MP and YBF is cheap in quality and texture. The colours way too dark and heavy looking. I will say it is equal to say Rimmel or Avon.

I've just ordered the famous eyebrow pencils. Never had an eyebrow pencil before because I've never plucked my eyebrows but I was convinced when Stacey said that it covered grey hairs and I'm starting to get a few of those. Are there cheaper and as good alternatives? I am quite fair.

Latest posts

Back