Yet more tat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, if Q wasn't around to 'bitch' about, then I'd leap on IW like a shot ! trouble is, their products send me to sleep (I count Karchers instead of sheep), and I cant moan about the presenters, because I laugh at / with them instead. Far less up their own bums than the Q bunch.

Most of Q`s fashion is dire IMO and the few things which aren`t dire tend to be overpriced. I`ve visited several parts of America and Mrs Joe Average wandering around her local Walmart certainly doesn`t look anything to aspire to, so why are Q trying so hard to American-ise our clothes ? They buy in bulk from American companies in dollars and then sell over here in £`s that`s why. Big profits.

Most of the pieces look like they're made from recycled shower curtains!

Sorry BDSB
"Madmax, agree with you there also you must live in a tough 'hood if some one sets your bins on fire at night"
It is the foxes and sea gulls that attack the bins during the night.
It is one of the downfalls of living by the sea.

So how long have you worked at Q?

I think a disservice is being done to housebound people. They are not cretins but presumably if they are impaired they will have someone looking out for them but even they do not, a shopping channel is there to sell stuff, not decide whether someone is in a fit state to buy stuff. I do not buy anything that I do not want or think is a good bargain from QVC. I do not watch it 24/7 at all either. No-one is forced to buy. I am not swayed by presenters nor guests so to intimate that a shopping channel should have a conscience about selling is ridiculous. I have to say that I do not understand why people watch QVC if it is that awful for them, except to gather nuggets to bitch about. God help you if the channel did fold, what on earth would you bitch about then? People say the channel has changed but I would hazard a guess that so has the QVC section of this website. It is boring reading so many bitchy negative comments rather than constructive remarks about products. I wonder if many people do not post positively because they would appear stupid/gullible/lonely because they have so easily parted with their money?

I think a disservice is being done to housebound people. They are not cretins but presumably if they are impaired they will have someone looking out for them but even they do not, a shopping channel is there to sell stuff, not decide whether someone is in a fit state to buy stuff. I do not buy anything that I do not want or think is a good bargain from QVC. I do not watch it 24/7 at all either. No-one is forced to buy. I am not swayed by presenters nor guests so to intimate that a shopping channel should have a conscience about selling is ridiculous. I have to say that I do not understand why people watch QVC if it is that awful for them, except to gather nuggets to bitch about. God help you if the channel did fold, what on earth would you bitch about then? People say the channel has changed but I would hazard a guess that so has the QVC section of this website. It is boring reading so many bitchy negative comments rather than constructive remarks about products. I wonder if many people do not post positively because they would appear stupid/gullible/lonely because they have so easily parted with their money?

I would disagree with you on a few points.....
a) I don't believe the word 'cretin' has been used
b) I see that your join date to this website was in 2014, although you may have perused it earlier, but I don't believe this site has changed at all - it is what it is, a forum for discussion and sounding off - positively and negatively.
c) It is utter tripe to say that only negative comments are made - I have purchased goods purely AS A RESULT of reading some of the positive comments made by forumites on particular goods.
d) Of course everyone can switch the 'off' switch if they don't like a programme - I do constantly for the mind blowing sop that passes for intelligent programming - The One Show in particular (which I tend to call Sun reader television, plenty of pictures with no text) ; EQUALLY it could be said if someone finds this website 'boring' one can always choose to eliminate oneself from the site !

I wonder if many people do not post positively because they would appear stupid/gullible/lonely because they have so easily parted with their money?

I wonder if many people post positively because of their employers or whoever gives out their contracts.
Miss E, you'll be relieved to know I'm not going to ignore you any more because it's pointless when I have to read your comments quoted by other people. It's your lucky day!
:mysmilie_14:

Please don't split hairs. No, the word cretin has not been used but several comments have been made alleging QVC's 'exploitation' of vulnerable people in our society. There has been mention of those poor souls who ring up the studio under the foolish notion that the presenters are their 'friends'. I should not have used the word cretin but I am sure you knew what I meant. Let me rephrase - 'the more vulnerable members of society' who, judging by some comments are not in full control of their faculties to be bamboozled into buying things from QVC. QVC cannot be held responsible for the actions of people just as any other store is not responsible for someone who has piles of goods in their house which they cannot stop buying.

I don't believe that this forum is exactly as it was in the beginning. I have not done a scientific test but it seems to me that a large proportion of comments are insulting, negative and harsh and I believe that because of such comments, members who have purchased an expensive item etc. will feel rather silly letting people ('mugs' as I just read on another thread) know how 'duped' and 'gullible' they have been. There seems to be more insulting comments than good, particularly from the same people who appear to detest the channel and its presenters, who in my opinion, only watch the channel and its presenters so they can have another gripe. It just makes unpleasant reading, and yes I can leave the forum if I wish but should I choose to stay, I will air my views.

Only one person has used the word cretin.
Only one person has implied people are stupid/gullible/lonely.
Only one person has said this forum does a disservice to housebound people.
And only one person has said people bitch.
Sooooooooooo it sounds to me as if only one person has a problem, not the rest of us and that the forum hasn`t changed for the worst but perhaps the membership has.

I wonder if many people do not post positively because they would appear stupid/gullible/lonely because they have so easily parted with their money?

I wonder if many people post positively because of their employers or whoever gives out their contracts.
Miss E, you'll be relieved to know I'm not going to ignore you any more because it's pointless when I have to read your comments quoted by other people. It's your lucky day!
:mysmilie_14:

Oh please don't do me any favours. I am constantly amazed that people continually make paranoid statements and judgements because a different view is expressed or they cannot accept a positive post and review. I would hate to be as cynical as some of you on here. It never occurs to you that you could be totally wrong about a lot of what you assume. ASSUME - makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Vienna, if I could be bothered I would dig out all the posts I have read regarding the 'exploitation' of the more vulnerable in society by QVC. But I have a life to be getting on with and you are choosing to forget what has been posted in the past. You really have no idea of how unpleasant some of the remarks that are made on here sound but it seems that those threads and comments are loved by many, sadly. I am entitled to my opinion, no matter how much you dislike it.

Vienna, if I could be bothered I would dig out all the posts I have read regarding the 'exploitation' of the more vulnerable in society by QVC. But I have a life to be getting on with and you are choosing to forget what has been posted in the past. You really have no idea of how unpleasant some of the remarks that are made on here sound but it seems that those threads and comments are loved by many, sadly. I am entitled to my opinion, no matter how much you dislike it.

You don`t strike me as being busy at all Miss Ellie. You strike me as being very bored and looking to occupy yourself with a big wooden spoon but hey little things amuse small minds so feel free. We have you sussed.

'I don't believe that this forum is exactly as it was in the beginning.........'

'I have not done a scientific test but it seems to me that a large proportion of comments are insulting, negative and harsh'

Moderator please, the correspondent is off on one again....

House bound people deserve good quality products too. A lot of disabled and house bound people I meet use various catalogues and don't depend on shopping channels. On the other hand I know people who are addicted to shopping channels and buy lots of stuff they are happy with.

Morning everyone.

As has been said, I can't recall a time where I've seen anyone wear a piece of clothing from one of the Q fashion ranges.

Being housebound or disabled has nothing to do with Q selling overpriced tat. My sister is disabled and is now wheelchair bound and is rarely able to leave the house but she has some fabulous clothes. She`s watched Q from day 1, in fact it was her who introduced me to Q and she laughs out loud when presenters launch their spiel about housebound customers unable to get to the shops etc and how Q makes life easier etc.
My sis uses lots of websites for clothes because visiting bricks and mortar shops is often too difficult with a wheelchair and she needs helps dressing and undressing. Her body might be disabled but her mind certainly isn`t and Q must be losing lots of disabled customers because of their high p and p charges and slow returns/refund procedures. My sister needs to try clothes not only for fit but also for comfort and dignity, a too short skirt or dress is a big no no when in a wheelchair, as are too tight sleeves and too many buttons and so on. When she orders clothes or shoes she may have to order several styles in a couple of sizes and to use Q would be ridiculously expensive and their measurements are frequently way out too. In a nutshell Q voices how helpful their channel is to housebound people but the reality is they`re not helpful at all.
Jean ( my sis ) loves fashionable, comfortable and reasonably priced clothes, just like the rest of us and I love it when she`s had a binge at Next, Planet, Debenhams, George and all the other wonderful websites she uses who beat Q into a cocked hat for price, delivery costs and ease of return and refunds. I wish Q would cut the crap with their spiel and it isn`t forumites on here who treat disabled customers like cretins, it`s Q themselves.

Oh don't forget Vienna, QVC will send the letter for sending back too much, yet do not seem to take on board the rubbish sizing for their clothes. Yet the presenter keep on about get 2 or 3 and see which one you like.

Many of us on this forum remember the good old days when QVC presenters were natural and fun, when prices were reasonable and when viewers weren't bombarded by the constant hard sell of today. We'd like the channel to return to those values so are voicing our concerns in a legitimate forum. Miss Ellie, please do try to take this on board. The channel has changed, not us, and not for the better.

There, now. I've tried to be nice about it. I do hope you'll understand so that my post won't provoke another unjustified rant and yet another thread closure, an occupational hazard these days.

Well I was that person who said that IMO anyone who spent £119 on a beauty item was a mug and that is exactly what I do think.

Yes if you buy a nice hand bag or a piece of jewellery it will cost at least this BUT you have it forever whereas a beauty product will last, if lucky, a couple of months and then you are off on the roundabout again. Plus the fact it is based on the desperate need for eternal youth. But if that is what they want then so be it.

Yes I bitch about Q - why shouldnt I? They are quite happy to take my money so I am quite happy saying just exactly what I dont like about them. When I get bad service from Tesco I moan to my friends so why wouldnt I do it here.

The thing that I totally object to is the fact that they are getting more and more economical with the truth which I know my late mum would have been taken in by hook, line and sinker so I feel I have every right to object strongly when I see your mate Del Boy Flint (yes I started the name and I have no intention of retracting it) going for the hard sell.

If you dont like dont read it!

Latest posts

Back