Yet more tat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've tried to hold back on this thread but I can't resist joining in. I confess I've bought clothes from QVC - I know I shouldn't but I'm very selective and it's just a top or dress now and again. Never Kim or Michelle though, I promise. I've had compliments too at work when wearing my Ronni Nicole dress or my NL top. So there.

My problem with the Miss Ellie's of this world is that they are conversation killers. This forum is in the main, in the tradition of good old British sarcasm. Yes sometimes it goes over the top and we have moderators for that but really, how often does it get that bad? If people go on telly to promote products and thus themselves, they are prepared for a bit of stick. Just like if they go on talent shows or reality shows. Put yourself out there and it's not all going to be sycophantic support. Shutting down light hearted criticism and general disagreement is po-faced and boring and that's not the kind of forum I want to read or participate in.

If we express an opinion on here, someone will disagree. That's fine. Someone will say "how can Whats dare to wear a Ronni Nicole dress" but that's up to me if it compares to something similar I've seen in Wallis. Some of you would probably never set foot in there either but I don't go to River Island and I don't want it shut down.

What right to some people have on here to paraphrase other posts to make their own point that they only want us to say nice things all the time? Join in if you want to but don't dictate to me how to express myself.

Well done Whatsiname ...very well articulated ;0) ....the problem with the written word is misinterpretation is so easy ....

Lots,of people on here would probably know that if I wrote ..." Ooh get you"! ...and a smiley face ...I'd be having fun and meaning in gest ...but get somebody on a bad day etc ....and could come across as rude maybe ....
All a bit deep I know ..lout loved your post :mysmilie_59:

Well done Whatsiname ...very well articulated ;0) ....the problem with the written word is misinterpretation is so easy ....

Lots,of people on here would probably know that if I wrote ..." Ooh get you"! ...and a smiley face ...I'd be having fun and meaning in gest ...but get somebody on a bad day etc ....and could come across as rude maybe ....
All a bit deep I know ..lout loved your lpost :mysmilie_59:

Sorry Love ...your post lol

I was on this forum prior to the great "breakaway" and whilst there were some extremely funny posters who are sadly missed (by me anyway) but by god there were some who make myself and others presently being targeted as troublemakers, like nice wee grannies. Their posts would have made your eyes water with some bordering on stalking so in comparison this is like a WI tea party.

Perhaps it is a clash of sense of humour, I don't know, but I do know that the fact that most of it is said tongue in cheek seems to go completely over the head of some members.

I just find Miss Ellie annoying in her attempt to constantly look down on people from her extremely high horse, pulling people up on any negative view. I've often thought to myself that this is the type of woman who if you asked "does my bum look big in this" she'd say no! no! It looks great! even if it wasn't, so no integrity, credibility or honesty. If Miss Ellie doesn't like negative comments (also known as the real world) there are other forums/groups where she'd be much happier. I've noticed she targets certain posters, so just proves she's out to cause trouble.

Some people are too sensitive to be on a forum like this, they take things way too personally, and always read bad into a comment before good. I like this forum, I find it fun and light hearted and tongue in cheek, with a lot of nice, funny people on it.............rock on STF! :mysmilie_14:

Oh please don't do me any favours. I am constantly amazed that people continually make paranoid statements and judgements because a different view is expressed or they cannot accept a positive post and review. I would hate to be as cynical as some of you on here. It never occurs to you that you could be totally wrong about a lot of what you assume. ASSUME - makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Oh for goodness sake! Just wait while I get my violin out.

I am sorry if my manner gets people's backs up. Doesn't matter which way you cut it, I have a valid view. I am glad to see Puffin, in part, agreeing with me. I'm sure there are others who share my view but they probably daren't say so. There is nothing wrong with criticism and negative reviews but what I am talking about are the nasty and bitchy comments about the presenters, their clothes, their hair, their voice and god knows what else, RATHER THAN THE PRODUCTS. Not only that, but people also insult other members by describing them as 'mugs', 'gullible' and 'exploited'. The difference between this forum and the Facebook Back To You page is that the latter is about the products, (and not all comments are favourable either), whereas this forum seems to be dominated and out of balance by nasty personal comments trotted out by the same people who clearly just watch the channel so that they have something to bitch about. It's negative and doesn't make pleasant reading. If I 'ignored' those people, I wonder how many good threads there would be left ? Maybe the QVC section should be called SlagQVC. It is interesting to know that another forum was set up because of the bitching and arguing on here. Interestingly, that was before my time here ...... sadly I have started to see the same bitchy comments over there too.

You paint a picture of people who bought from QVC cowering in a corner, and you're the crusader, you insinuate that the negative views are by some way discerning to people who buy clothes from QVC, aren't you doing what you're accusing others of doing? By as much as calling clothes shoppers from QVC cowardly and unable to speak their mind? Have you ever thought not many people post a positive review because they simply can't be bothered, because after all you're vocal enough for everyone.

Oh please don't do me any favours. I am constantly amazed that people continually make paranoid statements and judgements because a different view is expressed or they cannot accept a positive post and review. I would hate to be as cynical as some of you on here. It never occurs to you that you could be totally wrong about a lot of what you assume. ASSUME - makes an ASS out of U and ME.

The words pot and kettle spring to mind! It makes an ass out of you, dearie - not me! It wasn't that long ago you were hyperventilating over people's barbs at a certain shopping telly presenter-turned trashy novelist wannabe.

Last edited:
Here we've been bumbling along quite happily for a few days in Miss Ellie's absence with both positive and negative views and now - nuclear fallout once more. Odd, that.

Here we've been bumbling along quite happily for a few days in Miss Ellie's absence with both positive and negative views and now - nuclear fallout once more. Odd, that.

Miss Ellie go have a cup of China tea and visit an oyster farm!

Last edited:
Yeah, we could do with a bit more love around here....

As long as we don't write a book about it.

I think a disservice is being done to housebound people. They are not cretins but presumably if they are impaired they will have someone looking out for them but even they do not, a shopping channel is there to sell stuff, not decide whether someone is in a fit state to buy stuff. I do not buy anything that I do not want or think is a good bargain from QVC. I do not watch it 24/7 at all either. No-one is forced to buy. I am not swayed by presenters nor guests so to intimate that a shopping channel should have a conscience about selling is ridiculous. I have to say that I do not understand why people watch QVC if it is that awful for them, except to gather nuggets to bitch about. God help you if the channel did fold, what on earth would you bitch about then? People say the channel has changed but I would hazard a guess that so has the QVC section of this website. It is boring reading so many bitchy negative comments rather than constructive remarks about products. I wonder if many people do not post positively because they would appear stupid/gullible/lonely because they have so easily parted with their money?

Can i just say that while i don't give a monkeys about QVCs 'fashion' ranges, I do find the language used in this post deeply offensive.

I am the parent of a young person with severe learning disabilities, and people using ignorant, rude and derogatory terms like 'cretin' are what make life for people like us infinitely more difficult than it needs to be.

Ali, do not make this personal. I have already said that I should not have used that particular word. I do not know you and would not dream of insulting anyone in such circumstances. And since you do not know me, you have no idea of my own circumstances. I am neither ignorant, rude or derogatory about mental or any other illness.

I am never at home for either the morning show or the lunchtime show but was in today and turned on at lunchtime and thought Craig had become part of Loose Women.

Do several guest and presenters usually squash together all discussing a couple of products?

Unlike a face to face conversation, the problem is that the tone of a post is often misunderstood and attempts at humour and irony are frequently lost on most.

Ali, do not make this personal. I have already said that I should not have used that particular word. I do not know you and would not dream of insulting anyone in such circumstances. And since you do not know me, you have no idea of my own circumstances. I am neither ignorant, rude or derogatory about mental or any other illness.

Are you actually being serious? You're always being rude and offending people. It was only a few weeks back you massively insulted people, myself included, I'm sure others will remember.

Back to topic, I notice that Craig is fawning over a 4 piece duvet cover set down from 90 squid to 81 plus 8.95 p&p.. why, .. thats saves 1 shilling! Thanks Q!

My post clearly stated that i found the term used ignorant, rude and derogatory. Which I do. I dont believe that is the same as accusing you personally of being those things.

Latest posts

Back