Zultanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
This is one gem i have never seen IRL and i was just wondering how much i should be paying per carat for this stone as i've seen a pendant i wouldn't mind a closer look at in the clearance but have no idea whats a good price!

Ooh good link fluff, gonna bookmark that one! :mysmilie_687:

Go for it Cherub, I have just the one piece bought about 18 months ago and wouldn't part with it
.....cost £177.

Not sure about £ per carat weight (sorry) because I haven't been looking at them for ages but I'm attaching below some photos of how one may look. I need to just tell you that this is a bugga of a gem to photograph - the same as Alex. IRL this is a nice sparkly gem (not flat and dull as the pictures show).

In daylight most have a sort of apple green, inside this goes to a sort of darker green/peach colour (difficult to describe) and then when it's very dark, you'll get pink and red flashes. It never really goes red or pink and stays that way though. It's not like an Alex - the colour change sort of moves around according to the light source.

Like Alex, not all Diaspore changes. So you may need to kiss a ton of frogs before your prince trots along!

Maybe worth a try Gemcherub, you've got until midnight tonight to use the 15% off voucher.

This Zultanite Diaspore thing is realy confusing me i thought they were the same? but this got me lost today lol

Zultanite not diaspore

First faceted in the late seventies (1977), Zultanite is an extremely rare gemstone that despite its beauty and suitability for jewelry was previously plagued by scant availability. While an article in "Gems & Gemology" magazine (Winter 1994) indicated that supplies were promising, this hasn't translated into the availability of good quality gems until recently. While some jewelers previously sourced limited quantities of this gem marketed under their mineral name Diaspore, please don't confuse the two. Zultanite is your guarantee that each gem has been optimally cut by some of the world's most experienced lapidaries.

Zultanite's mineral name "Diaspore", comes from the Greek word "diaspora" meaning "to scatter". While Diaspore was first discovered in 1801 in Mramorskoi, Kossoibrod, Ural Mountains, Russia, the Turkish deposit remains the world's only source of Zultanite.

Lovely rings ladies thanks for the price guides, i am just worried why this one is still lurking around but Meeshoo did say a while back the last in stock isn't always a bad one lol
This is the pendant http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UDX8580 £329

Get it get it get it! If you get the one in the still shot you can see that it's going to change colour! My work is done! :mysmilie_697:

Oh yes and I have a bulging basket SO WHAT 15% voucher please?

This Zultanite Diaspore thing is realy confusing me i thought they were the same? but this got me lost today lol

Zultanite not diaspore

First faceted in the late seventies (1977), Zultanite is an extremely rare gemstone that despite its beauty and suitability for jewelry was previously plagued by scant availability. While an article in "Gems & Gemology" magazine (Winter 1994) indicated that supplies were promising, this hasn't translated into the availability of good quality gems until recently. While some jewelers previously sourced limited quantities of this gem marketed under their mineral name Diaspore, please don't confuse the two. Zultanite is your guarantee that each gem has been optimally cut by some of the world's most experienced lapidaries.

Zultanite's mineral name "Diaspore", comes from the Greek word "diaspora" meaning "to scatter". While Diaspore was first discovered in 1801 in Mramorskoi, Kossoibrod, Ural Mountains, Russia, the Turkish deposit remains the world's only source of Zultanite.

Why are you confused hun? Diaspore is the original name. It has been around for many years but the latest and now I think only place it's mined is in Turkey. The original Turkish owner of the mine who has now sold it - Mehmet somebody if I remember correctly (how about that for useless information) - renamed it Zultanite after the Turkish Zultans (Sultans).

I'm confused because his title was "Zultanite not diaspore" i thought he meant it wasn't the same lol ignore me!
Quick discount ends at midnight FEB15

Found the discount in the discount code (thank you), entered and checked out phew!

Tia - if you put it on a Saturday order (I know it costs more) BUT you can continue to add or delete to your basket right up until the Thursday night before it gets shipped so you can keep stuff in there and think about it! ;)

Tia - if you put it on a Saturday order (I know it costs more) BUT you can continue to add or delete to your basket right up until the Thursday night before it gets shipped so you can keep stuff in there and think about it! ;)

i know Meesho, but knowing me, i would add more to my basket.:mysmilie_61: I checked out already and probably will visit gems again in 2 months or when a discount is posted here.

and if you've patience enough and choose the last available Saturday on the named day calendar, your order can be open for a couple of weeks, great too if you're a bit skint like wot I am having just had one greedy splurge, and building up another. :mysmilie_698: xxxx

Latest posts

Back