Perhaps...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I

iclaudipuss

Guest Shopper
Perhaps Lynn could shout a bit louder, but I feel if she did it would surely break the sound barrier.

They all seem to be at it now - I thought that, once they'd shipped Lucy over to Jewellery Maker, things would be a bit less strident but I was sadly wrong....

Whoever's done the latest training seems to have confused "Marketing" with "Market Stall"...

Jinny

Couldn't agree more, Jinny, and it makes the whole thing sound and look unprofessional. Aside from the shouting, I find myself trying to decipher the meaning of some of the phrases, such as: "Even if it stayed at that price, it would still be a fascinating price..."
"This is the sort of piece that just kind of chooses itself..." " Do you understand what I am saying to you, my friend?" Erm, frankly, no...
What a contrast to Alan who is articulate and eloquent and seems to be able to get through a whole programme without shouting or sounding like a reject from Albion Market.

I thought that, once they'd shipped Lucy over to Jewellery Maker, things would be a bit less strident but I was sadly wrong....

And d'you know what? Lucy is a great presenter on Jewellery Maker! I think because it is not a falling auction channel, the whole atmosphre is calmer. Despite frequent reminders that things will sell out soon, everything happens at a much more measured pace.

I'm sure it is the 'buy now, buy now, buy now!' of the falling auction format which encourages presenters to turn up the volume. Hats off to Alan for not doing it, but it must be very, very difficult not to in the circumstances.

And d'you know what? Lucy is a great presenter on Jewellery Maker! I think because it is not a falling auction channel, the whole atmosphre is calmer. Despite frequent reminders that things will sell out soon, everything happens at a much more measured pace.

I'm sure it is the 'buy now, buy now, buy now!' of the falling auction format which encourages presenters to turn up the volume. Hats off to Alan for not doing it, but it must be very, very difficult not to in the circumstances.

I NEVER, NEVER thought I would agree with Lucy being a good presenter as she was by far the presenter I disliked most on any shopping telly channel (especially after she tried to have us censored on ST). BUT, I caught a bit of Jewellerymaker yesterday (as Paula was on) and I have to give credit where credit is due. She was calm and informative and a pleasure to listen to and watch. No histrionics and above all, she didn't let her voice go into that awful overdrive screeching that she used to when she presented on Gems that was as bad as a nail down a blackboard for me.
Well done Rocks for moving her to Jewellerymaker and well done Lucy for making such a good job of it!

Latest posts

Back