Beauty Bash Prize Draw

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thats good that Keeley was honest with you and didn't just try fobbing u off, they have always said that PCM is fine to use over the eye area in ur 20s but once ur older u need a separate eye cream

Don't get me wrong i admired her honesty but if pcmc is as potent as she says it should in theory work around the eyes to some extent.

Tried to edit my post just to say I have spoken to my mum and she is going through hers today and will give me what she does not want to keep. She has asked me to make a donation also to a charity for sick children as well. I readily agreed. Full details in the drop a bit later on.

Don't get me wrong i admired her honesty but if pcmc is as potent as she says it should in theory work around the eyes to some extent.

True i guess but then why doesnt every face cream work around the eyes then?

because they are much heavier than PCMC and cause puffiness etc.

And because the skin texture is different around the eye area so a face cream with never be as effective in that area as a specific eye product

Nothing much to add really - had a great afternoon yesterday but didn't really find out any goss! There's some newly-packaged Elemis PCMC coming soon, nice blue jar and pouch, but looks like it will be expensive. There is also a PCMC cleansing balm and some other serum-y stuff I can't remember what it was called, the cleansing balm smells nice and has a nice texture but wouldn't beat Emma Hardie in a fight! There is a great Revitalash TSV in October, yes October! It has the serum, the mascara and a champagne coloured highlight pencil, similar to the Mally ones in the last TSV that they are still pushing. Looks nice! Gatineau being re-packaged into sort of hexagonal-shaped bottles. Some lovely Sarah Chapman collections coming up in beautiful fau-leather bags in a nice Kelly Hoppen-approved shade! (I do like the brand, esp as the nice lady said my skin 'wasn't bad at all'). Fanx!! And a new range debuting on Sunday called Algenist, it's from San Francisco and the women fronting it said she wasn't wearing any foundation and her skin was great, it's algae-based and seems rather sciencey but they're doing a try-me kit. All the Liz team are very attractive, Jennifer has beautiful hair, and I liked the new perfume but don't particularly like the brand. Florian from L'Artisan looked terrified, Leighton was fab as always, Nina is very pretty, Michael who does the Ojon styling was nicer in the flesh than on screen.

I've been using PCMC around my eyes probably for the last 6 or 7 years and until recently I've never religiously used an eye cream/serum. I used to buy one use it a week or two and then forget so using PCMC worked better for me. But when I hit 50 (waaahhhh!) I thought I ought to start using one.

I have a few fine lines under my eyes and no crows feet at all. I can't say that's down to PCMC but I can't say it isn't either. And I am still half arsed about applying eye cream!!

Glad to read that everyone had a good time. There was a clip on QVC and it didn't seem as busy as previous years. Surprised to hear the comments about AY though - we've met and spoken to her the last couple of times that we've been there. Each time she was friendly and approachable, was generous with advice and actually had a good laugh.

BTW, we've never spent anywhere near £5000 on QVC stuff in total, not just beauty, so I'm can't work out where the source got a figure like that from. Perhaps it was supposed to be £500.

on u-tube if you type in qbv beauty bash 2012 this girl got about £500+ worth of stuff in boxes. full size philsosphy 60 ml edt and dr denese stuff,smashbox,about 6 full size bottles of ojon it was crazy. how did she get that lot home. you could set up a small business with it all ....fabulous

Some raffle off their goodie bags for charity. Which is a lovely thing to do.

The US one they sell the stuff they don't want on ebay. Which of course they are perfectly entitled to do.

Last edited:
I'm very glad to have found this forum, as I was curious to see what other people got in their goody bags. I was lucky enough to get an invite and went with my hubby and a friend on Wednesday afternoon and I have to say after checking theirs, my bag was drastically short changed. I got NOTHING from Elemis, Lulu, Perricone, Nails Inc, BareMinerals, L'Occitane, Philosophy, SBC, Judith Wiliiams, Leighton D....... Luckiy for me my hubby won't be using most of these (he also didn't get some of these either) but that's not the point. A goody bag should be the same for everyone. My hubby said that he saw a few of the QVC "helpers" during the raffle take some of the bags to the prize podium and then bring them bag to the collection point, hmmm. Anyone else experience this?

I'm very glad to have found this forum, as I was curious to see what other people got in their goody bags. I was lucky enough to get an invite and went with my hubby and a friend on Wednesday afternoon and I have to say after checking theirs, my bag was drastically short changed. I got NOTHING from Elemis, Lulu, Perricone, Nails Inc, BareMinerals, L'Occitane, Philosophy, SBC, Judith Wiliiams, Leighton D....... Luckiy for me my hubby won't be using most of these (he also didn't get some of these either) but that's not the point. A goody bag should be the same for everyone. My hubby said that he saw a few of the QVC "helpers" during the raffle take some of the bags to the prize podium and then bring them bag to the collection point, hmmm. Anyone else experience this?

They were definitely all different and there were some better than others. They clearly all seemed to have the same fillers and then different 'bigger' items. More than happy with mine but whereas I had the new revitalash face primer and some other new launch moisturiser, I saw people with a lovely little philosophy cosmetic bag (expect products inside) & also a union jack type cosmetic bag. I goggled the revitalash (as I had never seen a face primer) and I know it's about £50. Also the new moisturiser was prob about £15 worth. The bag also had some make up/nail varnish colours I'd never use so not everything was great but when you are getting it for free, who am I to complain!
I actually prefer the samples from the stalls we got before eg LE C&P, a blusher brush, mini Leighton nail varnishes.....all of these were fantastic. The actual goody bag had hit & miss items but I will just share them out

Loved the comment someone made to Dale. Apparently someone came up to him and told he looked much better in the flesh and that his teeth looked much better too ... !!

Latest posts

Back