Beauty Bash Prize Draw

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A huge thank you to arthursmum for letting me be her +1 and allowing me to driver her to BB. Had a fabulous time and the company was excellent. What a lovely lady. Hopefully no one took offence when I threatened to break ankles as I went round, as no offence was intended.
The pleasure was all mine Nutsville, thanks for all the laughs, it was a day to remember xx

Well you've probably had enough of the Beauty Bash by now, but here's my report.

SBC - I've already said that Adele was lovely to talk to and spent a lot of time just chatting. I had to refer to the products as I was dying to see the new 3 in 1 collagen cleansing cream, so she demonstrated it on my hand whilst we chatted. SBC is launching a new Propolis exfoliator soon and a new range based on Rose essence.

Gatineau
- As others have said Andrew is such a nice man and again chatted for ages about the products and what was coming up in TSVs. The March one includes a cleanser and Toner in the new shaped bottles and Age Benefit - he obviously didn't tell me everything and Ian SCW will fill in the gaps soon enough lol. The June TSV will be a DefiLift special so my money's not safe!

Decleor
- launching a new BB cream as QVC product of the month. Really light and a little seems to go a long way and when applied to the back of the hand you wouldn't have thought there was anything there until you compared hands. Fiona is so petite and either she has lost some weight or else the camera is a bit unkind.

Percy & Reed
- Paul Percival spent ages asking me about my hair and what I would change if I could alter one thing. He was working out which of the products would suit me best but had such an easy natural way of doing it. He then spent some time demonstrating products on my hair so that I could see and feel the difference and told me how to get the best out of them, how much to use and in what order. I'd recommend the 'Dry Conditioner' and have already ordered it. Paul is another really nice man.

Elemis - didn't spend long there as I have so many of their products already. Tried the new balm cleanser that is being launched soon - very like the Decleor/Emma Hardie balm cleansers with a subtle scent of essential oils. Saw the new very modern looking blue packaging that is being launched soon for PCMC.

Leighton Denny - always a delight to meet Leighton and Nina and we had a good chat, Leighton was kind enough to have a photo with my daughter who was well chuffed.

Bare Minerals - got myself colour matched for the ready foundation - 170 was a perfect match. If it helps anyone I use B&B in Fair (spf version) and BM in 'Fairly Medium' from the high street which is my favourite or 'Medium' if I order through QVC.

Philosophy - had such a laugh on this stall. They laid out testers of all the perfumes so my daughter and I could find our favourite. We smelt the new all in 1 shampoo/shower gel that will be on air on Thursday at 10:00 - really fruity and summery (set of 3 different ones) and they are expecting it to go fast. They sent us on our way with loads of chocolate as well.

Benefit - got persuaded to have a make-over. I was really surprised at how scary some of the products look in the packages but how natural; they went on. The girls were really sweet, so enthusiastic about the brand.

ABC - I buy the Tea Tree skin wash already but it was a good chance to try out and smell the other products as I've always wondered about them and I'm not the sort to use the 30 day mbg just because I tried something and then didn't like the smell/feel etc. - yes I know that's what its there for but ...

My daughter and I decided we wanted to spend the time talking to people and testing the products so didn't book any treatments. I was fortunate enough to get tickets last year so we did some treatments then. We spoke to a lot of the other brands (didn't meet Keeley, Alexis or any of the presenters) but the one's mentioned above were my highlights.

The one I was least impressed with was Revitalash - I wanted to know about the brow product but the girl kept giving me an answer about the Revitalash product instead and when the woman next to me showed an interest in that the girl turned away completely - not impressed.

We had a fabulous day, the goody bag although not as full as last year was a bonus anyway and was more than made up by the products individual stalls were giving anyway.

If you get the chance to go next year don't hesitate and take someone special you'd like to share it with like I did, my lovely daughter.:heart:

DJ x

Bugger, didn't mean to dislike the post above - ****** fat fingers!

Won't let me change it - sorry xx

Are you sure you're not DALE , cause he's always saying he has fat fingers (although he doesn;t say bl...y) LOL

Bugger, didn't mean to dislike the post above - ****** fat fingers!

Won't let me change it - sorry xx

Its OK don't worry - I took it as a compliment that you liked it so much you wanted to press all the buttons lol

Well you've probably had enough of the Beauty Bash by now, but here's my report.

Gatineau[/B] - As others have said Andrew is such a nice man and again chatted for ages about the products and what was coming up in TSVs. The March one includes a cleanser and Toner in the new shaped bottles and Age Benefit - he obviously didn't tell me everything and Ian SCW will fill in the gaps soon enough lol. The June TSV will be a DefiLift special so my money's not safe!

If you get the chance to go next year don't hesitate and take someone special you'd like to share it with like I did, my lovely daughter.:heart:

DJ x

I agree, it's was a great day. My friend and I enjoyed talking to Andrew. We all had such a laugh, coz she told him she'd never heard of the product/name (which is true coz she's a QVC virgin). Then I told him his moisturiser resembled a Pond's creme pot before they restyled/rebranded. He thought that we were some comedy duo sent to set him up (seriously)! He's such a great guy. Btw does anyone know how he got his scar? I'm curious.

I agree, it's was a great day. My friend and I enjoyed talking to Andrew. We all had such a laugh, coz she told him she'd never heard of the product/name (which is true coz she's a QVC virgin). Then I told him his moisturiser resembled a Pond's creme pot before they restyled/rebranded. He thought that we were some comedy duo sent to set him up (seriously)! He's such a great guy. Btw does anyone know how he got his scar? I'm curious.

The more I think about it tho, it does bug me over the goody bag thing.

He was in a car accident years ago, and nearly went through the windscreen.

Wow 7ml, 8ml and 15ml titchy sizes! A decent skincare firm would give these away as samples. I'd pay the postage (4 quid) to have them delivered but if they want me to try their range they'll have to try harder than this.

Jude xx

I have the 7mls size of the eye balm(a freebie from SpaceNK), actually you use so little of it. Really I have been using mine over a week and hardly a dent in it. I am using the narrow end of a face cream spatula thing and a tiny amount does both eyes.

I got the moisturiser in the BB goodie bag. I'll report back when i've finished it.

Just gotta say that although I dib't want many of the items in my goody bag, i decided to keep the 2 sample fragrances I got- Tocca Bianca and Lulu Time.

The Tocca is nice. I may purchase in the future, and try other Tocca scents.

But the surprise revelation... The Lulu! Now had I not been to the beauty bash and had a squirt of it at the Lulu exhibit, there would have been no way in a million years I would have bought this fragrance from Q. I liked it at the beauty bash and because of this I wore it from my sample bottle when I was out this evening. It is absolutely "yummy". It makes me go mmmmm, when I sniff it. It still smells absolutely delicious on the skin several hours later. No sign of any allergy many hours later. I am gobsmacked.

Just gotta say that although I dib't want many of the items in my goody bag, i decided to keep the 2 sample fragrances I got- Tocca Bianca and Lulu Time.

But the surprise revelation... The Lulu! Now had I not been to the beauty bash and had a squirt of it at the Lulu exhibit, there would have been no way in a million years I would have bought this fragrance from Q. I liked it at the beauty bash and because of this I wore it from my sample bottle when I was out this evening. It is absolutely "yummy". It makes me go mmmmm, when I sniff it. It still smells absolutely delicious on the skin several hours later. No sign of any allergy many hours later. I am gobsmacked.
I have that Weathergirl and i liked it, used it at work and it lasted very well

But the surprise revelation... The Lulu! Now had I not been to the beauty bash and had a squirt of it at the Lulu exhibit, there would have been no way in a million years I would have bought this fragrance from Q. O would hVe missed out. I liked it at the beauty bash and because of this I wore it from my sample bottle when I was out this evening. It is absolutely "yummy". It makes me go mmmmm, when I sniff it. It still smells absolutely delicious on the skin several hours later. No sign of any allergy many hours later. I am gobsmacked.

Oooh, I'm a self confessed perfume junkie, so what's it like? I love lalique's fleur de cristal. It's a bit like LE's toner smell wise. I even have a spray when I can't get to sleep it's so soothing and pleasurable.

I was looking at Ebay today and noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of stuff from the BB goody bag items on sale plus various other QVC brands. Some of these sellers are "Top Sellers". One seller has over 100 items. Makes me wonder....is this an employee, postman, BB "helper" (the ones who nicked my g bag items and other ppls) or a presenter? lol

Maybe Preebs. I may ebay the majority of my goody bag though because I won't use it but I was going to wait a while for this very reason.

Latest posts

Back