JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My next door neighbours (I'm in a mid terrace so attached to them as well as other side!) had a big old extension built summer before last. It managed to take about 18 months somehow!
It was allowed under "permitted development" rules, so there was little I could do to comment on it, let alone stop it. :(

They had had a flat roof tiny extension beforehand which was demolished, and new one is allegedly still single storey but with massive high ceiling so it manages to block all of my light/sky. Plus I get all their noise and kitchen stinks through the oven hood vent which blows right in to my garden...

But I'm not bitter about the whole experience at all! ;)

Now re the vent my friend is having a similar problem and the council is involved. They are trying to get them to voluntarily attach something that will vent the smells up. Next door but one to us has for the last 12 months been converting a 4 bed into a 6 bed 6 bath house for 3 families. The pile of rubbish on the front gets bigger and hubby is going to find our union flag and stick it in the top.!!!! Complaints to the council don't seem to have had any effect.

Despite what JR said yesterday, she may change her mind about the colour. Who knows? She may even opt for the colours of the Crystal Palace football team whom she always refers to as "my team." :mysmilie_11:

She says her favourite colour is purple so yes it’s probably to do with “her” footy team and it’s QVCs colour. I suppose at her wedding she’ll play “Purple Rain” by Prince on loop, whilst cutting her purple coloured wedding cake, after the expensive wedding and Honeymoon are over they’ll watch “The Colour Purple” with some purple Jo and Seths popcorn while drinking Vimto and Ribena, see where I’m going here?.......:mysmilie_17:

Just think she could have got married at the football club. Don't know what date in October she is marrying but, hopefully it will all be over when we get back from holiday on the19th. Does anyone actually think I have any chance of missing it????:mysmilie_506::mysmilie_506:

Just think she could have got married at the football club. Don't know what date in October she is marrying but, hopefully it will all be over when we get back from holiday on the19th. Does anyone actually think I have any chance of missing it????:mysmilie_506::mysmilie_506:

She's getting married at the end of August & I'm sure she said it was her parents' anniversary too. I have the feeling that there will be a wedding mini series in the weeks leading up to the big day.

My next door neighbours (I'm in a mid terrace so attached to them as well as other side!) had a big old extension built summer before last. It managed to take about 18 months somehow!
It was allowed under "permitted development" rules, so there was little I could do to comment on it, let alone stop it. :(

They had had a flat roof tiny extension beforehand which was demolished, and new one is allegedly still single storey but with massive high ceiling so it manages to block all of my light/sky. Plus I get all their noise and kitchen stinks through the oven hood vent which blows right in to my garden...

But I'm not bitter about the whole experience at all! ;)

Unless you are in that type of situation people don’t believe you. My problem is wood burning stoves we are virtual prisoners, can’t sit out and can’t open doors or windows.

She says her favourite colour is purple so yes it’s probably to do with “her” footy team and it’s QVCs colour. I suppose at her wedding she’ll play “Purple Rain” by Prince on loop, whilst cutting her purple coloured wedding cake, after the expensive wedding and Honeymoon are over they’ll watch “The Colour Purple” with some purple Jo and Seths popcorn while drinking Vimto and Ribena, see where I’m going here?.......:mysmilie_17:

She'll be like Violet Beauregarde - "Violet, you're turning violet".

Unless you are in that type of situation people don’t believe you. My problem is wood burning stoves we are virtual prisoners, can’t sit out and can’t open doors or windows.

Same here surrounded by blooming wood burners. The guy across the road sells and fits them too. My next door neighbour, who is nice enough, had one fitted. We would be out in the garden and waves of smoke would come across the garden, horrible smell, and we would have to come inside. Not all our doors are double glazed and when he lights it we can smell it in the house. I would ban them if I could.

I have the same problem the smoke hits my gable end. Ny neighbours are semi detached, I am detached sitting in a large piece of ground, unfortunately because of the way the wind blows you would think the wood burner was in my garden. Did I not hear somewhere that. There is some evidence that says these are not healthy, I’m sure I heard this on the news several months ago?

Be warned JR has had her Ancestry DNA results back and her ethnicity estimate shows that she is 7% linked to Sweden. I do not doubt that we have years ahead of her reminding us of her Scandinavian links. The thought of it bores me already.

Be warned JR has had her Ancestry DNA results back and her ethnicity estimate shows that she is 7% linked to Sweden. I do not doubt that we have years ahead of her reminding us of her Scandinavian links. The thought of it bores me already.

7% to Sweden & the remaining 93% comes from..?

I expect a good percentage of people whose ancestors over hundreds of years lived in the UK have some Scandinavian blood in them, from various early Viking invasions and then trade routes across the North Sea.

I have the same problem the smoke hits my gable end. Ny neighbours are semi detached, I am detached sitting in a large piece of ground, unfortunately because of the way the wind blows you would think the wood burner was in my garden. Did I not hear somewhere that. There is some evidence that says these are not healthy, I’m sure I heard this on the news several months ago?

Only since my first neighbour started have I had problems with allergies and breathing.

7% to Sweden & the remaining 93% comes from..?

I can’t remember the exact percentages but she is mostly from the midlands. I just noted that she she exclaimed - Me? Scandinavian? I just think she will enjoy making reference to that. Most of my friends who have done the test have Swedish and Finnish in their results, so yes, I agree Erics Mum.

Aren't all houses - certainly down south - 6 figures?! Do you mean her place was 7 figures?

How does everyone know so much about her house and wedding?
Guessing it's either because she mentions it on air a lot - I rarely if ever see her on screen - or she over shares on her blog.

Maybe I will have to have a read of the presenter blogs. I've resisted the temptation all these years but think I need to see what goss I'm missing out on! ;)

I used to have a looky & then realised it just put me in a bad mood afterwards...Even Flinty's are not as bad as JR/CS/KP/even JC for hash brags. Luckily for us that people on here keep us utd..

Indeed. Mine is an ls an old victorian terrace & when the neighbours smoke indoors!!!! the smell comes through the walls. We can smell all their cooking too, & there are no vents, just walls! The smoking makes me so cross. New neighbour on the other side has pur his wheelie bin flush with my small picket fence surrounding my garden/bordering his, so that when I open the front door it's right there, on my left. It towers over the fence. Why can't he put it on the other side, right next to his feckin front door? So cross about this & Mr B is so afraid of upsetting anyone he does nothing & is totally unsu:angry:portive.

I can’t remember the exact percentages but she is mostly from the midlands. I just noted that she she exclaimed - Me? Scandinavian? I just think she will enjoy making reference to that. Most of my friends who have done the test have Swedish and Finnish in their results, so yes, I agree Erics Mum.

In her case I believe the 'midlands' part is Nottingham. Sexy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Mine is an ls an old victorian terrace & when the neighbours smoke indoors!!!! the smell comes through the walls. We can smell all their cooking too, & there are no vents, just walls! The smoking makes me so cross. New neighbour on the other side has pur his wheelie bin flush with my small picket fence surrounding my garden/bordering his, so that when I open the front door it's right there, on my left. It towers over the fence. Why can't he put it on the other side, right next to his feckin front door? So cross about this & Mr B is so afraid of upsetting anyone he does nothing & is totally unsu:angry:portive.

I have both a partner and neighbours like yours. I feel your pain.

I suffer with allergies (badly - even high-end candles will set me off), but OH would rather tell me to take my medication than tell my neighbours their ****** wood burner badly needs the attention of a good chimney sweep :mysmilie_51:

I suffer with allergies (badly - even high-end candles will set me off), but OH would rather tell me to take my medication than tell my neighbours their ****** wood burner badly needs the attention of a good chimney sweep :mysmilie_51:

It really sucks doesn't it? I've told Mr B I'm going to 'have a word' myself. Perhaps tell yours the same & make him think that you'll go around shouting & screaming. Then He may speak to your neighbour himself, as he'll be so afraid about you causing upset. That has worked before with Mr B.

Yes know what you mean with open fires and wood burners. I thought that wood burners had to have filters and scrubbers :)mysmilie_17:) to comply with clean air acts. We initially looked at having one but the cost was just too high. Lucky really as I don't think I could have coped as I have asthma.

I don’t know how you find out what her house costs or what her future husband’s job is. However, I would quite like to know what their various partners do purely because they all, give or take, have a second household income - lucky them. Both on telly and in private I so dislike a bragger, it smacks of a very ordinary upbringing and I just think it’t Vulgar! Each to their own.

I love to watch Escape to the Country, I have even watched the repeats as I have an interest in interiors, but it never fails to bother me how much people are willing to pay for property in certain parts of e
England.

If you refused to pay such hugely inflated prices, perhaps they would come down.

On the JR front don’t forget she has not been an owner occupier for many years, if ever, so she’s bragging big time, but I would love to know what her partner does!

Latest posts

Back