Alison Young goes to USA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She looks very uncomfortable with all the kissy kissy greetings from the American guests.

I totally agree, I don't think she likes all the mwah mwah touchy feely stuff
IMO I think she looks like she's out of her depth over there and she's desperately trying to gain some control
However, if she says '........as well for you' once more I'm going to scream!!!

Now I'm looking at Leighton, all them top tops, "baassse cooooaaat, tup coooaaat, BB's, (cream), sooo laaast week", bless him.

Meet me in Monacooooaw is a new tip tip colour, see I'm watching & learning Leighton :blush::wink:

Last edited:
She'd have looked better without the hairpiece!
Sazza I have to say I really like the style of her hairpiece, it's more modern and funky for me. I remember contributing to a thread about wigs & Tiddly wrote a heartwarming story about her struggles with her hair, stopping it from falling out & how upset she has been for many years trying to keep a reasonable amount of hair. She said she was so desperate she considered a hair transplant despite the fact that success rate for women is slim. It changed my thoughts on why people wear wigs as I myself am so thankful for being able to have extensions. If I had root issues I don't know what I'd do, it must be terrible for women with hair loss. So if I think a wig/hairpiece looks good I'll say so. If more people wore hair enhancements like this & it was the morm it would make life more bearable form women affected by hair loss & give them more confidence they weren't the odd ones out by wearing them.

Last edited:
Well I have excitedly been reading the Q Beauty Board on the US web page. No mention of AY at all, so she was not shown to them.

Some threads asking what they thought of the UK brands? Molton Brown parabens mentioned. Our Lu they liked and some bought Time Bomb to try. Others again mentioning parabens in her products.

I did switch over every time Suits (ah Harvey), for a nose. AY did not look comfortable, she was getting talked over(a first for Miss Ally), the US presenter kept bouncing in on her.

Well I have excitedly been reading the Q Beauty Board on the US web page. No mention of AY at all, so she was not shown to them.

Some threads asking what they thought of the UK brands? Molton Brown parabens mentioned. Our Lu they liked and some bought Time Bomb to try. Others again mentioning parabens in her products.

I did switch over every time Suits (ah Harvey), for a nose. AY did not look comfortable, she was getting talked over(a first for Miss Ally), the US presenter kept bouncing in on her.

I pity the first guest when she is back here then! Unless, thinking the possible unthinkable, it makes her think about her own style disempowering her guests.

Sazza I have to say I really like the style of her hairpiece, it's more modern and funky for me. I remember contributing to a thread about wigs & Tiddly wrote a heartwarming story about her struggles with her hair, stopping it from falling out & how upset she has been for many years trying to keep a reasonable amount of hair. She said she was so desperate she considered a hair transplant despite the fact that success rate for women is slim. It changed my thoughts on why people wear wigs as I myself am so thankful for being able to have extensions. If I had root issues I don't know what I'd do, it must be terrible for women with hair loss. So if I think a wig/hairpiece looks good I'll say so. If more people wore hair enhancements like this & it was the morm it would make life more bearable form women affected by hair loss & give them more confidence they weren't the odd ones out by wearing them.

Excellent post. I've mentioned this before, but hair fibres are excellent for covering a thinning scalp. They need hair to adhere to but most women have thinning areas rather than bald areas so the product is well suited. Also good on a wide parting. Boots have them on offer at the moment, a third off, called nanogen. Another good brand is Toppik.

Ali looked nice, but what a waste of time and money, same old,same old. I watched the show in about 15mins on sky+

She thinks she is the queen bee of beauty over here, not so over there. She is out of her comfort zone and it shows.

Have to say AY looks the best I've seen her! Nicely fitted cobalt blue dress, great hair & make-up. 35 quid plus 4 quid for argon oil?! I pay a tenner for mine, 100ml, organic, cold pressed and no additives!

Where from please?

(mum writes)

Aww, I can't believe that this hasn't gone down better. AY looked good and I think she did very well there. I'm not an Alison sycophant by any means, although I do like her, but credit where it's due I think. I really don't think we'd want too much of the overdone hams that are the US presenters. I found a lot of that overly affected and false. The only let down was the product range. I had hoped they'd give us something really new and exciting. And if JF had been sent, I'd not have watched at all.

Well done AY, I thought you did well! Although I don't really see the point of it. I'd rather the money they spent be used to give us cheaper P&P.

Excellent, thanks! Mum loves it but her usual source is no longer trading.

watched last night ( says a lot for main stream TV) & it was a bit of a non event.Very rushed, lots of gabble, & products that we have already seen-- including the LG last TSV which was now only available in 2 foundation shades, so end of line.They should have presented new products from the US, what really was the point? other than 'our Ali' ( who I thought looked very good) having a break in the US.I have noticed quite a few things lately have been on Advanced orders, is this to avoid them holding stock, in other words making to order?

I watched it today after recording it ( sad i no) it was a really pointless show tbh , i was expecting to see behind the scenes at Qvc america and we saw none of that , Ay did an ok job, she definitely was less confident there thou. Seems it was a bit of a failure and maybe Q should spend less on flying there presenters around the world and instead save the money and charge less for P&P!!!

She definitely was shown in the US as you can see her pop in on some of the clips on the qvc.com site for yesterday's programmes. She popped in to their British Beauty programs in the same way that the American presenter Jane popped into the qvcuk programme Ali presented at 9 last night.

Did she just do the one hour show? if so, it seems she did not have to do much work to justify her flight and accommodation in Philadelphia. Trust she wasnt being put up in a 1 star 1* hotel either!

Not sure I'd want her to be the face or style of British beauty if I was introducing a product to the US market. We're already known for doing frump and American presenters are always so well-groomed.

It always amazes me how US tv Breakfast presenters never have baggy eyes, dark circles, unruly hair, or "can't be arsed" outfts; ours always look like they've got in from a rough night out.

i agree - and they don't screech either.

She looks like a startled rabbit in the ad on the QVC home page her US shows. Actually it's more half mad than startled.

she always pulls a stupid face for photographs. i've never seen one with her wearing a natural expression.

Latest posts

Back