DF (Female) again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Let me start by saying this is a tiny little bit of rant with regards to the above person. I know she is a total advocate of her job and she can 'listen to the rants in her ear' very well. What I don't approve of is (and I don't suppose the guests do either), is that when she is presenting a TSV and one that is put together, (in the case of the Gatineau this morning) over two years, for her then to keep mentioning what is tomorrows and the day after TSV. I think her point was (occasionally she has them), was that if this product wasn't for you that QVC is a vast department store with many different sections. My point is that whilst that maybe the case, if Gatineau have paid 'x pounds' which they will have done to air thier goods, then the last thing they want is attention being drawn with regards to the next TSV. I know they have to have promo's for other shows, but to do it so blatantly when they have not really given any details about their TSV (Gatineau), is I think a bit much. I have bemoaned previously how she is perhaps a tad egotistical (with regards to her book and self-promotion on Social Media), but this I feel is borderline insensitive to her surroundings. It was not particular pertinent yesterday as it was a 'fruity' TSV, and the it was an 'in-house' guest, but today when it was a guest presenter (yes someone who has been around a long time), then I feel that shows real insensitivity.

Sorry for the rant, it is just that the more I watch she makes me more infuriating, yet I do watch, just so I can get more infuriated (go figure)

So in the middle of the TSV show she started advertising other brand TSVs coming up? :mysmilie_15:

Bet old Andrew was thinking some swear words in his head ready for when the cameras went to a break.

She really is a cupid stunt.

I noticed this yesterday, just turned over for a quick (and being DF it was even quicker than usual) look to hear Lee H saying how they have very little time to show everything, then DF to go on about her gran, her mum, the "value" people who'd want to use it, the............I don't know what came next turned back over.

It's not just DBF who does this but I have always taken the view that annoying as it is that it is probably swings and roundabouts as Gatineau's TSV was probably mentioned to death during other shows earlier in the week/day.

2 things which bug the hell out of me is when a show is ended 15 mins early to do yet ANOTHER SHOWING OF TSV despite it being on continuously all day on a loop. The other is when vendors time (paid for) is used to promote their books or to go on about their family.

Yesterday Simon Wilson said he had mistakenly thought it was another presenter not Julia he was on with, realised that he hadn't read her latest book and had to quickly download it and skim read it so that he wouldn't be caught out.!!! So between the book and non stop about daughter, son and now son's friend ( flirt, swish hair, flirt) I was ready to shout at her , and this is to one of my least annoying presenters.

I lol at the strange voice she uses when trying to persuade us to buy... (you are not posh never will be Debs):mysmilie_17:

I think this cross referencing of TSVs is quite a common thing on the Q. Why they do it in the shows now rather than the ad breaks is a puzzle. The thing that annoys me more with DBF in particular is when she starts talking about an item, just about says the high level details then goes into a riff about "if you are wondering about my top/necklace/bracelet" whatever... and then gives details about that item before reverting to the onscreen item. Actually no, I am just watching the show for the range it covers!

I don`t think it helps when her many hangers on from BTY or Queens groups are constantly bull sh*tting her about how gorgeous she looks or asking where she got her top/dress or whatever. She obviously thinks people want to know so she takes every opportunity to promote the wares by way of promoting herself at the same time.
Personally if I wanted to buy white leggings, white slingbacks, badger striped highlights, Adam Ant boots, Jack Sparrow jackets, Batman Joker coloured lipstick or Looby Loo dress, I reckon I`d go to the nearest fancy dress shop !

I don`t think it helps when her many hangers on from BTY or Queens groups are constantly bull sh*tting her about how gorgeous she looks or asking where she got her top/dress or whatever. She obviously thinks people want to know so she takes every opportunity to promote the wares by way of promoting herself at the same time.
Personally if I wanted to buy white leggings, white slingbacks, badger striped highlights, Adam Ant boots, Jack Sparrow jackets, Batman Joker coloured lipstick or Looby Loo dress, I reckon I`d go to the nearest fancy dress shop !

Hilarious. White leggings, sling backs, joker lipstick and joker smile.

thought I'd watch the presentation online, just to see what was going on as haven't watched QVC for around 2 years - however after DF's "OMG" and "it will blow me away" (could go in the garden today & do just that) I could stand it no longer than around 2-3 minutes. would have liked to hear more about the products if Andrew Bagley ever managed to get a word in!

I started watching the TSV launch, then went to mute, then had to turn over as even the face, with the wide-eyed mock-shock look was doing my head in... and the pointy finger! There's one use for Richard Jackson's gardening equipment... I'd get a lopper out and menace said finger with it.

Far too many QVC presenters have simply become insufferably conceited. It's just a job, people. Do it well, and get over yourselves!

I started watching the TSV launch, then went to mute, then had to turn over as even the face, with the wide-eyed mock-shock look was doing my head in... and the pointy finger! There's one use for Richard Jackson's gardening equipment... I'd get a lopper out and menace said finger with it.

Far too many QVC presenters have simply become insufferably conceited. It's just a job, people. Do it well, and get over yourselves!

Do you know MML you are right, they have become insufferably conceited. Maybe my memory is playing tricks, but I don't remember it being that way when I first watched. Mind you, DF was not a presenter then, but I am really finding it very hard to watch any show she presents these days, she just annoys me so much.

Do you know MML you are right, they have become insufferably conceited. Maybe my memory is playing tricks, but I don't remember it being that way when I first watched. Mind you, DF was not a presenter then, but I am really finding it very hard to watch any show she presents these days, she just annoys me so much.

You are all on a roll today. The mock shock look is so accurate and so very, very tedious to watch. So I no longer do when said presenter is presenting. Well I do for all of 5 minutes to have a giggle then I turn off and check out online instead!

I dare say the presenters who annoy us the most are the ones we're most likely to see, due to our viewing patterns. Unfortunately I'm more of a night owl than an early bird, so see less of the daytime presenters. In general I find them less annoying as a result (Simon Biagi excepted). Then there are the presenters who don't have set patterns who can pop up any time of day. For me Sara Griffiths holds the unwelcome trophy - she was instantly annoying for me from the very first moment I saw her. I never saw her before her return, but rue the day Pipa Gordon took a sabbatical with SG filling in.

But I'm afraid Debbie is now displaying all the symptoms of the worst offenders across the whole of sellytelly, plus this unsettling need to control every aspect of QVC on and off air. I hope she never rises to the position of Dermot Boyd, but I'm beginning to wonder if that is her goal.

I wasn't really paying attention to the TSV show when it was on. I know they were talking about the eye cream that had been promised at the beauty bash a couple of years ago. At the mention of that, DF said something about a friend of hers having won the big raffle prize. Can anyone clarify that for me? I'm curious to know what it was she was on about. Given the furore over the BCC event, you'd think she'd keep her mouth shut about such matters, but is this her way of trying to make out that external criticism means nothing to her? She'll say what she wants, regardless.

I wasn't really paying attention to the TSV show when it was on. I know they were talking about the eye cream that had been promised at the beauty bash a couple of years ago. At the mention of that, DF said something about a friend of hers having won the big raffle prize. Can anyone clarify that for me? I'm curious to know what it was she was on about. Given the furore over the BCC event, you'd think she'd keep her mouth shut about such matters, but is this her way of trying to make out that external criticism means nothing to her? She'll say what she wants, regardless.

I can't clarify that particular utterance, Moth, but my recent observation is that DF is no longer a broadcaster, and has become a narrowcaster - the shows she presents seem to be directed almost exclusively to her following. Hence the indispensable iPad, and constant invitations to tweet etc on the shows, name-checks for the same names over and over again, phone calls from over-familiar callers and all the rest. It's extremely alienating as well as irritating. I'm happy to be excluded, as it's doing my bank balance a favour.

If all the other presenters go in the same direction then I can't imagine I'll be even an occasional viewer for much longer.

If Julia tells me one more time that people don't like the twatting but she's going to do it anyway, because don't you know she's addicted to her iPad (marginally less glamorous than the zelbs who are addicted to sex) I won't be responsible for my actions.

Reading out twats is bad enough but editing them as you read is mega annoying Missey. Swish har, flirty, swish, flirt.

If Julia tells me one more time that people don't like the twatting but she's going to do it anyway, because don't you know she's addicted to her iPad (marginally less glamorous than the zelbs who are addicted to sex) I won't be responsible for my actions.

Reading out twats is bad enough but editing them as you read is mega annoying Missey. Swish har, flirty, swish, flirt.

Patronising and arrogant all rolled into rudeness!

Latest posts

Back