Fabulous at 40 And Beyond.....with Anne Dawson????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

According to AY there's a good few of those, though excluding herself and JR who is a natural beauty.

“A modest little person, with much to be modest about.”
― Winston S. Churchill

Last edited:
I think Anne has taken herself in hand and makes the best of herself these days. Definitely improved. I do think that she doesn't do much product homework and can over rely on flannel.

Fair Thread. However she has done very well in the last 12 months
I guess I warm to her as she doesn't scream about how marvelous she is like JR (Bonnie Langford style)

Anne did appear on air once, mid way through her dental reconstruction - which surprised me as it revealed her lower left was totally missing, revealing the movement of her tongue as she spoke. So yes, bridgework, possible bleach bath.
Also evidence of impulse nerve freezing (via botox) around the Glabellar, and maybe a treatment of hyaluronic filler here and there.

I think Anne represents a 'natural' look (has she or hasn't she) rather than the obvious look - which in all honestly is not so much in demand these days, whereas a total injectable freeze 2 years ago was the most popular request

I think Anne is looking great at the moment,fair play to the lass.........................but that voice!!!...........could shatter glass unfortunately :(

I don't know how Anne manages working at QVC with a family of three boys, a hubby and a brother she cares for, a second home in Italy with frequent holidays and trips away with her niece adding in Zumba classes 4-5 times per week. :mysmilie_864:

I saw the beginning of the hour where she said she was very definitely beyond but I didn't get if she meant beyond 40 or beyond any chance of being fabulous.

I don't think Anne has had any serious work done other than her teeth. She's lost weight and seems genuinely chuffed with the results.

Seems like a perfectly normal 50 something to me who is making the best of herself. Not sure I'd say she was fabulous but it's a very overused word these days in marketing and advertising speak.

I don't think that Anne would refer to herself as fabulous either though.

I saw the beginning of the hour where she said she was very definitely beyond but I didn't get if she meant beyond 40 or beyond any chance of being fabulous.

I don't think Anne has had any serious work done other than her teeth. She's lost weight and seems genuinely chuffed with the results.

Seems like a perfectly normal 50 something to me who is making the best of herself. Not sure I'd say she was fabulous but it's a very overused word these days in marketing and advertising speak.

I don't think that Anne would refer to herself as fabulous either though.

But who would?

:thinking:

But who would?

:thinking:
Ahem. There'll be someone along in a minute to answer that one.
Wonder how we would all describe ourselves in the style of "fabulous at 40 and beyond". I think in my case it would "going to hell in a handbasket, heading for 50".

Ahem. There'll be someone along in a minute to answer that one.
Wonder how we would all describe ourselves in the style of "fabulous at 40 and beyond". I think in my case it would "going to hell in a handbasket, heading for 50".

Mine would be " over 60 and gone to sh-te"

Aw what the hell, BusyMum - lets go for it bigtime and say SIZZLING AND SEXY AT 60 ! (once we've got the energy to get upstairs !!!!!)

Hope for us all yet ! HOWEVER, I've noticed amongst the "dancing professionals" that they do tend to look years younger than they are. Gillian Lynn a pro choreographer for a lot of the top shows is astounding for her age, Arlene Philips is almost 70 (but recently had 'work' done), and a great friend of mine who is almost 70 and was a dance pro for years could knock 15 years off her age. Look at old Bruno Tonnionly (?) he's mid 50's but you'd never think it. Obviously the profession to have gone for when younger !!!!!!

Dancers Julia Roberts, Claire Sutton, Jill Franks, Jilly Halliday and Catherine Huntley. :song::ninja::grin:

Does it really matter how old AD or any other woman is? If a woman or a man for that matter looks fabulous age is not relevant IMO.

Hope for us all yet ! HOWEVER, I've noticed amongst the "dancing professionals" that they do tend to look years younger than they are. Gillian Lynn a pro choreographer for a lot of the top shows is astounding for her age, Arlene Philips is almost 70 (but recently had 'work' done), and a great friend of mine who is almost 70 and was a dance pro for years could knock 15 years off her age. Look at old Bruno Tonnionly (?) he's mid 50's but you'd never think it. Obviously the profession to have gone for when younger !!!!!!

lionel blair ain't bad either - isn't he about 110 now and still light on his feet?

Latest posts

Back