Fit Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
What is this Fit Model business all about?

How can someone be a fit model when all women are built differently anyway?

Renee always drones on about how she used to be a Fit Model.

Just because a range of clothes might fit her does not mean that they would fit most of America.

Jeez! Have you seen the size of them over there?

Gawd knows but there is something in the back of my mind that says they start with an average (equivalent of of a) UK size 12 & work up & down from that? There's probably a Wikipedia entry on it or something but as I am so utterly disinterested in fashion I can't even summon the energy to go & look.....! LOL

More amusingly is when Renee announces that 'I used to be a fit model' (which she does a lot!), OH has taken it upon himself to instantly proclaim 'Well I don't think she's very fit at all....!' (He does this pretty much every single time she says it!) :giggle:

A FitModel in PlusSize is either an 18 or 22 over here eg: Monsoon. They are measured at every fitting so they don't vary. The garments are tried on and pinned/adjusted before production. Another term is FittingModel but that sounds like she's ill. ;-)

The woman who presented Indigo Moon, also informed us all she was a Fit model.

The woman who presented Cashmasoft yesterday, said she was a PA to celebrities. How do they get these jobs ? She obviously cant be THAT busy while she's presenting an obscure knitwear company on a shopping channel !

Too right, Frazzled! I was a HissyFit model the other day when I received NinaLeonardPleatedTrousers. I thought, two pleats each side of the waistband, fabric cascading gracefully. Duh! The entire fabric from waistband to hem was micro-pleated, not a flattering look. Grrr!

I get a bit tired of Renee going on about how she doesn't know where the iron is! Now she has just said she didn't know what an ironing board is! Renee - we get the picture that your clothes do not need ironing OK?

He He, Caramel has said that Tanis is sophisticated, beautiful, dignified - until she opens her mouth!! I presume she was joking.

Latest posts

Back