Hotel Chocolat TSV 22/07/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did I hear right October 3rd delivery šŸšš
7-10 days
Think it was the advent calendar that was October delivery
On web it says advanced order to be delivered W/C 29th August.
Whether it was that originally or whether the original stock sold out I donā€™t know. Havenā€™t seen any presentations.

I bought the TSV from last year and was disappointed in some of the chocolates. I had to ring Hotel Chocolat about something else and mentioned it to the advisor, they sent me a free sample pack of milk chocolate.
Which chocolate were you disappointed in and why?
And what did you think about the milk chocolate?

I used to be (quite a few years ago!) a member of their tasting club so have tried a lot of their chocs!

Cadbury - the best, most delicious chocolate in the world.
Cadbury - definitely not the best chocolate in the world BUT a taste weā€™ve all grown up with and which is creamy, comforting and annoyingly addictive! šŸ˜‰

Iā€™ll never forget my German boyfriend trying Cadbury Dairy Milk for first time and telling me it tasted of blood!!

He said it was just really creamy but not really chocolate?!
Must admit I do enjoy German chocolate - often has some hazelnut in it and less milk.

Then I tried Cadbury Dairy Milk in America and in Kenya and it was disgusting to my taste buds.
Apparently they use local milk and adapt to local palate.
Makes sense as I find most American chocolate (ā€œcandyā€!) very yucky!
(Sure there is lots of high quality stuff produced but I mean standard bars etc).

There must be hundreds of chocolate bars available. Many of them 'niche' and very expensive. I think you're right about the happy childhood memories we have of undoing the purple wrapper. I'd take Cadbury over all other bars I've tasted, however, and that's quite a few over the years and the continents I've visited. Your comment about altering the taste to suit different local palates is interesting. And Hershey's US brand tastes a bit like sick, to me.

Cadbury - definitely not the best chocolate in the world BUT a taste weā€™ve all grown up with and which is creamy, comforting and annoyingly addictive! šŸ˜‰

Iā€™ll never forget my German boyfriend trying Cadbury Dairy Milk for first time and telling me it tasted of blood!!

Must admit I do enjoy German chocolate - often has some hazelnut in it and less milk.

Then I tried Cadbury Dairy Milk in America and in Kenya and it was disgusting to my taste buds.
(Sure there is lots of high quality stuff produced but I mean standard bars etc).
Yes a lot of people go for Cadburys long trusted Chocolate I love fruit and nut but find some store own brand can be just as nice
But my favourite brand is LindtšŸ˜‹

I feel weā€™re overlooking an important question here. How did he knowā€¦ā€¦?šŸ¤¢

There must be hundreds of chocolate bars available. Many of them 'niche' and very expensive. I think you're right about the happy childhood memories we have of undoing the purple wrapper. I'd take Cadbury over all other bars I've tasted, however, and that's quite a few over the years and the continents I've visited. Your comment about altering the taste to suit different local palates is interesting. And Hershey's US brand tastes a bit like sick, to me.
Hershey is vile I agree .. I just love Cadbury .. Iā€™ve tried most chocolate available in uk etc ā€¦ still prefer Cadbury al day every day
Matter of taste ..

On web it says advanced order to be delivered W/C 29th August.
Whether it was that originally or whether the original stock sold out I donā€™t know. Havenā€™t seen any presentations.
I mentioned before that HC have ceased online deliveries due to the extreme hot weather affecting the chocolate manufacture, and they didn't want it melting between despatch and delivery.

I like M&S Fine Swiss chocolate, now it is a treat, but sometimes I get a free bar with the loyalty card.

Cadbury is not the same as it used to be, there is not that much cocoa content in it. I know my brother in Canada has said the version sold in the US and Canada is different to the UK version.

Not a fan of HC as I cannot really eat dark chocolate, I had a bleeding ulcer and since then it gives me acid reflux. But, I do like their rose or violet creams and have on a very rare occasion bought.

I like M&S Fine Swiss chocolate, now it is a treat, but sometimes I get a free bar with the loyalty card.

Cadbury is not the same as it used to be, there is not that much cocoa content in it. I know my brother in Canada has said the version sold in the US and Canada is different to the UK version.

Not a fan of HC as I cannot really eat dark chocolate, I had a bleeding ulcer and since then it gives me acid reflux. But, I do like their rose or violet creams and have on a very rare occasion bought.
Oh yea Markā€™s choc .. šŸ‘ a treat and I have to be careful with acid reflux too .. choc does that to me but itā€™s worth it šŸ˜‚

So after trying a few Iā€™m not liking them ā€¦ is it ok to return half eaten chocolates ??
Seems weird

When I got sent a huge bag of Lindt truffles that I hadnā€™t ordered, I rang QVC to ask for a returns label. I was told they donā€™t accept food back šŸ¤” and I was told to keep them and enjoy them.

I guess if people speak to CS, they might be told they donā€™t want half eaten food returned.

So after trying a few Iā€™m not liking them ā€¦ is it ok to return half eaten chocolates ??
Seems weird
I`d thank nobody for a box of chocolates. My inner child loves smarties, Cadbury buttons, Maltesers and the more grown up option of dark choccy mint creams.
Seems weird
I expect the QVC warehouses staff will eat the ones with no teeth marks

When I got sent a huge bag of Lindt truffles that I hadnā€™t ordered, I rang QVC to ask for a returns label. I was told they donā€™t accept food back šŸ¤” and I was told to keep them and enjoy them.

I guess if people speak to CS, they might be told they donā€™t want half eaten food returned.
As you suggested, they said just dispose them as I see fit .

thx

Latest posts

Back