Im done with buying Yankee candles.. They get on my wick

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've deserted the yankee ship, too. I tried a few brands (Lily-flame & shearer, among them) from Amazon, including spending a small fortune on a couple of 'Bath & Bodyworks', but was disappointed in those, also.

I've currently stopped burning candles, altogether, mainly because of the mess they cause.

Woodwick 'Hearthwick', may be an exception, though; I've only had the Redwood, so far, but it has a reasonable fragrance throw.

Mostly I've been using the Woodwick melts. They're better than the yankee melts, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm losing my sense of smell; nothing smells as strong as it should!

I've had the Woodwick cotton and cashmere jars and the throw was a lot better than Yankee. I've tried loads of different makes of jars and tined candles and nothing compares to the Yankee melts, even with their weakened fragrance.

I haven't posted for a long time but feel the need to do so regarding Yankee Candles. I've loved these candles for years but the last lot I bought (the Grand Bazaar set of 3) two of them are the worst I've ever had. The Moroccan Argon Oil candle I let burn til there was three quarters of it gone and have thrown it away. The jar was black with soot all on the inside, it wasn't a clean burner and the aroma wasn't very strong. I've now got Oud Oasis burning but can't smell anything, it's like a normal candle is burning instead. Dreading when I burn Frankincense near Christmas no doubt that won't have a smell either.

The melts are okay I suppose regarding aroma but a lot of them fall apart when I'm opening the wrapper. Maybe I'm doing something wrong when opening them or maybe I have been sent old stock I just don't know.

No I don't think it is you as when I open a melt they often seem to fall apart in my hands, although some more than others, I had another go with the Moroccan Argan oil one yesterday and could not smell it at all although it was burning for hours, I may as well throw it, like you I have put the frankincense one by for Christmas but doubt that will smell either, so I may try it before and throw that one out as well if it has no smell, I don't see the point in keeping them but it is so annoying to have wasted my money on them, I can't understand why some people don't seem to have the same problems and are giving them great reviews,

Latest posts

Back