Isn't A Request Just That??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks PQ... will look into local places to see about a resize then!!

Cheers for the nice welcome.

How the heck do you get pics up on your profile here or do you have to have a certain number of posts before they let you!? I've tried all of the options at the sidebar!

Welcome Nixhaz and big congratulations on your engagement. Amazing choice of stone for your engagement ring too.

I've sent a few things to Regency, both for resizing and valueing - and I think I've been lucky because they have all come back within 2 weeks. Also, for the valueing, they charged £10 for the first item and £5 for any others too - however, not too sure about the accuracy of the valuations - they were a bit to close to 10 x the price I paid. However, if that's correct, then there is NO WAY I'm complaining about that. Also, they send them back special delivery, which I appreciated.

All the best to the two of you.

Hi Nixhaz,

You'll need VIP membership for all the tricks and access to The Drop which is a far broader spectrum forum. This only costs £6, and you can see how to join on the opening page of ST.

Argey xx

Thanks PQ... will look into local places to see about a resize then!!

Cheers for the nice welcome.

How the heck do you get pics up on your profile here or do you have to have a certain number of posts before they let you!? I've tried all of the options at the sidebar!
Access VIP status from the donate button. Will be the best £6 you have spent this year. Honest.:D

I requested a pair of earrings once. They were £229 on the website and to be honest i'd hoped to get them a bit cheaper, anyway they came on and someone else was bidding against me so when the bidding went to £230 I left him to it as he was determined to have them at any cost, so I then went to the website and got them for £229 lol, but I was not miffed that someone was bidding against me at all, he kept apologising but said he needed them for a present for his wife who loved them lol but I was fine with it, a bids a bid.

A warm (rather belated) welcome to nixhaz and AlanM from me too and many congratulations on your engagement nixhaz! Glad to hear the mix-up has all been cleared up and that the request system seems to be working well.
I saw a yellow gold tanzy cluster ring being auctioned by Alan the other day, but wasn't fast enough before he closed the auction as nobody came in for it. I looked on CR for the item number, but it wasn't there and Rachel couldn't trace it either. Now I'm beginning to think I imagined it, or does anyone have any clues (please)?

Hi Jacqualina .. thanx for the warm welcome .. I'll check on the yellow gold tanzy cluster ring for you when I'm in later (I'm on midday to 6pm today). I can picture the one you mean (7 tanzy stones in a flower type shape?). I did the white gold version yesterday (request) but not sure if we've now sold out of the yellow gold version. Will post back when I've checked studio later for you.

Yes, that's the one, thanks very much Alan. I can see the white gold one on CR now, but I don't think that was there a few days ago either. Hope it hasn't sold out, but maybe it will come back into stock again soon if it has. I've checked out my order and it's arriving tomorrow, so there's no great hurry now. So pleased to hear you are enjoying your presenting. I'm Heff on Rocks and was one of the visitors on Open Day back in January and I can imagine it must be so much fun to work there.

Well done Alan - goodness me, you can't get a more personal shopper system than this, when the presenter themselves comes into the forum, reads your post and then says they'll seek the item out for you. Good for
you Alan!!!!! Keep up the good work too - you'll have taken root by the end of this weekend lol.

Hi again Jacqualina .. I managed to find the yellow gold version of the tanzy ring and put it in my tray to make a note of the code .. and then got home realising I left the pad at the studio .. doh! When I checked on the system this morning we did have limited number available. I'm on 12-6pm tomorrow so if you get a chance say hi in the chatroom and I'll put it on (hopefully no-one else will nab it in the meantime!). Hope thats a little helpful!

I know there has been a big debate on this thread about what constitutes a request and I pretty much agree with it's whoever is quickest but I've just witnessed something I'm not so happy about.

An item has just been auctioned. With the new system the auctioneers tend to say who the piece is for, in this instance there was just one of them. Someone else jumped in for the item before the price had even been dropped rather than waiting for the price to be dropped safe in the knowledge that it would be.

This has been happening a lot lately and I think it's very unfair and the bidder should be expected to buy it at that price. After all, the auctioneers are always telling us to "come in at the price you'll be happy to pay".

I wasn't logged on then but I have noticed this as well. Fair enough - as you say it's an auction but if you've made a request and the price drops to the one you were prepared to pay it would be good if that took precedence over someone who is quick off the mark. The person who used to do this most hasn't been on recently but there is a new buyer with similar habits.

For my first post this is a bit negative but I have been really impressed with the quality of the posts and have learned a lot from many of you so thought I'd join in.

I know there has been a big debate on this thread about what constitutes a request and I pretty much agree with it's whoever is quickest but I've just witnessed something I'm not so happy about.

An item has just been auctioned. With the new system the auctioneers tend to say who the piece is for, in this instance there was just one of them. Someone else jumped in for the item before the price had even been dropped rather than waiting for the price to be dropped safe in the knowledge that it would be.

This has been happening a lot lately and I think it's very unfair and the bidder should be expected to buy it at that price. After all, the auctioneers are always telling us to "come in at the price you'll be happy to pay".

Any person who jumps in before the price has dropped surely must know theres a risk the price may not be what they want it to be. That must be their choice when they drop in pre drop.

just thought I'd like to say hi to glitterbug and welcome, hope you enjoy the forum I'm milly on rocks as well as on here nice to see you joining in and having your say. do you chat on rocks? I do if I have time to stay for a while otherwise I just lurk in the background I'll say hi if I see you on there

I wasn't logged on then but I have noticed this as well. Fair enough - as you say it's an auction but if you've made a request and the price drops to the one you were prepared to pay it would be good if that took precedence over someone who is quick off the mark. The person who used to do this most hasn't been on recently but there is a new buyer with similar habits.

For my first post this is a bit negative but I have been really impressed with the quality of the posts and have learned a lot from many of you so thought I'd join in.

Welcome to ST glitterbug :wave:

Yes the person who used to come in before the price dropped has not been around for a while, however as you say someone else has been doing the same and I can't help wonder if they are one and the same!!!! Or maybe I am just too suspicious for my own good!!! :laughing:

Welcome to ST glitterbug :wave:

Yes the person who used to come in before the price dropped has not been around for a while, however as you say someone else has been doing the same and I can't help wonder if they are one and the same!!!! Or maybe I am just too suspicious for my own good!!! :laughing:

I have my suspicions too, Sazza! In fact I rather cheekily asked someone today if they used to have another username and I was ignored! Hmm...same M.O. .........:33:

surely people can buy however they want, if they want to grab an item before the price drops, thats their choice IMHO. The way i see it, the requester has the choice to buy off of coloured rocks, thats the only way to be sure you'll get the item, when its on the auction, request or not, its open to all. some people seem to think that if you request an item you have a right to it, which is wrong. If the requester really wanted it that badly they'd have brought off coloured rocks.

surely people can buy however they want, if they want to grab an item before the price drops, thats their choice IMHO. The way i see it, the requester has the choice to buy off of coloured rocks, thats the only way to be sure you'll get the item, when its on the auction, request or not, its open to all. some people seem to think that if you request an item you have a right to it, which is wrong. If the requester really wanted it that badly they'd have brought off coloured rocks.

I agree that any piece can be bought by anyone regardless of whether it's a request. The point I was trying to make is that if someone jumps in before the price has dropped to ensure they get the piece then the auctioneer should not drop the price after the auction has closed.

Latest posts

Back