Jill Franks you are out of line.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Was anyone else watching last night's 1am Honora show with Ralph and Jill? Jill was doing the intro and telling us about some of the products coming up today. She said that she's good at crafting and then that she's good at cooking and how she should cook Ralph a nice meal. She then proceeded to tell him, and us, that she, and I quote "is good in bed." Ralph didn't know where to look and after a pause, she started to fluff saying that she meant she likes her sleep and so on. Sorry, as much as I'm happy to laugh along with banter between presenters and guests, comments like this are one step too far. I really have no desire to learn even the tiniest thing about any presenter's bedroom habits, let alone JF's.

QVC - get her off.

I emailed Q to complain but I doubt there will be any reply. I just cannot bear to watch her. She is so totally full of herself now that we don't get to hear much about what she's supposed to be selling. It's all about her with "I this" and "I that" comments. I don't care now how much I want the product, if she's presenting the channel goes off.

I don't enjoy watching anything on QVC any more. Silly prices, boring products, idiot presenters, ego problems and hard sell. I used to like Debbie Flint too but she can't go more than 2 minutes without applying the scare tactics and hard sell. She'll be demonstrating a product and mention something random, like light bulbs say, and then we'll get five minutes about how QVC stock them and how we can order them via the iPad and so on. Not wanted. A good chunk of last night's Decleor show turned into a training session for their "app". It must be very frustrating for the guests to have to put up with these antics.

Yep I saw that. She was flirting terribly with him and she`s arrogant enough to think she`s god`s gift to all men. The producer must have said something in her earpiece cos she quickly followed through with the garbage about meaning her bedding, sleep, comfort etc. She also threatened she`d be packing a case to go visit him at Honora in the states, poor chap !

Was anyone else watching last night's 1am Honora show with Ralph and Jill? Jill was doing the intro and telling us about some of the products coming up today. She said that she's good at crafting and then that she's good at cooking and how she should cook Ralph a nice meal. She then proceeded to tell him, and us, that she, and I quote "is good in bed." Ralph didn't know where to look and after a pause, she started to fluff saying that she meant she likes her sleep and so on. Sorry, as much as I'm happy to laugh along with banter between presenters and guests, comments like this are one step too far. I really have no desire to learn even the tiniest thing about any presenter's bedroom habits, let alone JF's.

QVC - get her off.

I emailed Q to complain but I doubt there will be any reply. I just cannot bear to watch her. She is so totally full of herself now that we don't get to hear much about what she's supposed to be selling. It's all about her with "I this" and "I that" comments. I don't care now how much I want the product, if she's presenting the channel goes off.

I don't enjoy watching anything on QVC any more. Silly prices, boring products, idiot presenters, ego problems and hard sell. I used to like Debbie Flint too but she can't go more than 2 minutes without applying the scare tactics and hard sell. She'll be demonstrating a product and mention something random, like light bulbs say, and then we'll get five minutes about how QVC stock them and how we can order them via the iPad and so on. Not wanted. A good chunk of last night's Decleor show turned into a training session for their "app". It must be very frustrating for the guests to have to put up with these antics.

Agree with everything you say Moth. Although I didnt hear the "good in bed" quote, Jill was cringingly awful throughout the honora hour and the hard sell was just exhausting. Surely the powers that be cant possbily think that it was good presenting - shes not making a sale in this house - I want calm informed presenting, telling me what I need to know about the product.
Jill Franks if you are reading this, please get your act together and stop fawning over the guests, it is cringworthy in the extreme.

I totally agree. The obsession appears to be with HOW we can order, and the product has become secondary.

I can picture all the presenters around a large table being told what, when and how to push their presentation. Every so often the 'robots' are fed new sentences to say, - a few years ago it was .........."we have now 1,000 new customers today with confirmed orders" , every day for weeks we were told how many new customers were on board.

They are not unlike call centre staff, only instead of reading a script, they are being fed what to say.

Despite the big publicity push in the press (never needed to rely on it before in 20 years), Q must be feeling the pinch. Staff at Liverpool having very little to do, assumed layoff of familiar faces, desperate overkill of screen graphics, and they're own branded products given more and more air time. They're certainly not the force they once were - jewellery has gone, craft is all in clearance and the choice of items dismal.

That woman is a liability! She's totally embarassing and thinks we're interested in her life and everything SHE uses (yeah, 'cause we really want to look like her), comes out with inaccurate statements all the time (Bobbi Brown - the great British brand :mysmilie_516:) and of course Rudyard Kipling - inventor of the Kipling bag :mysmilie_507:

She also tells lie after lie about what she uses or can't live without, can't stand cooking/now loves cooking, etc and hopes the viewers won't remember!

Why oh why she has remained when Debbie G and Julian have gone is beyond me! I too have to switch her off. Does she ever present shows where products don't 'sell themselves' i.e. Decleor, Kipling, Bobbi Brown etc. I can't see her trying to flog crap like other presenters have to do, and getting decent sales figures!!

The hour was just cringeworthy, I felt sorry for Ralph being landed with her!

I notice Q have removed quite a number of comments about this from their FB page saying they were against their house rules. All I can say is it`s a damned shame the same house rules don`t apply to the presenters and what they can and can`t say on air and what is or isn`t appropriate !

Yep, I heard her say that too, on the repeat hr this morning. Quite put me off my cornflakes. :down:

I have heard her say lots of times that she never cooks, she does not have a good memory JF.

I was about to post the same thing. If she must waffle on then she should at least remember what tales she's spun in the past. To be honest, I take everything she says or writes with a pinch of salt.

It was just awful. She was very dismissive about anyone in the kitchen and as for crafters (not one myself but to each their own) she referred to "sticking dots - I don't think so" It was at this point she said about being good in bed.

But what was really bad was the screaming with the eyes nearly popping out of their sockets, the numbers sold, the stocks left etc etc, personaly I thought someone was going to have to get the tranquiliser gun out and take her away in a white van. God what would she be like if it was something important.

Latest posts

Back