Kanban

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bartybabe

Registered Shopper
:sun::sun::sun:I just know that I am going to get hate mail for this but here goes - I really love Kanban! Love the quality, love the designs, even love the kits. I know some of the kits can be a bit naff but I like some of them. I like being able to make quick cards if I am short of time, but more often will use the components with other things from my stash so not as prescriptive. Some of the kits are good value for money - lots to keep me amused. Sorry to do this to you but I just had to get this off my chest and confess even though so many of you say you hate Kanban. I do think that sometimes there may be a little too much Kanban at times and little else for choice on some of the craft shows but I can't help my desires!!!:whew2::clapping::happy:

i could only send you 'love' mail for this positive thread. :wave2:

(the real reason is, i do not really know what a kanban is):giggle:

:sun::sun::sun:I just know that I am going to get hate mail for this but here goes - I really love Kanban! Love the quality, love the designs, even love the kits. I know some of the kits can be a bit naff but I like some of them. I like being able to make quick cards if I am short of time, but more often will use the components with other things from my stash so not as prescriptive. Some of the kits are good value for money - lots to keep me amused. Sorry to do this to you but I just had to get this off my chest and confess even though so many of you say you hate Kanban. I do think that sometimes there may be a little too much Kanban at times and little else for choice on some of the craft shows but I can't help my desires!!!:whew2::clapping::happy:

I have a couple of the kits, which I customise. I also love a lot of their papers and card, and I agree that the quality is great.
I have been a bit sniffy on the boards about their '3 steps to an easy card you don't even have to think about' and, truth be told, I still feel that way. I tend to use their pre-scored cards for matting and layering as I'm not a big fan of printed cards, but some of the images are lovely and I use them in scrapbooking too.
I do think that there is too much Kanban and that some of it it is too "cutesy" for my taste but it's a very personal thing. Cards with hedgehogs or whatever getting married make me want to throw up, it's just the way I am. I love the foiled kits they've had lately.:wave2:

I do think that there is too much Kanban and that some of it it is too "cutesy" for my taste but it's a very personal thing. Cards with hedgehogs or whatever getting married make me want to throw up, it's just the way I am. I love the foiled kits they've had lately.:wave2:

Here here!

My thoughts are....... well I'm a crafter, I dont care if its an a 'assembly' kit or justs bits from my craft room, I have an imagination and a creative mind so I can do what I want with the kits not just as they tell you too. :bandit:

I personally dont understand crafters that gripe about kits that are easy as 1,2,3. Why cant people put their own stamp on things and just use elements of the kits, there are no rules that state you have to do as they say. :ninja:

And yes, they are great for quick cards too, I too am feelin' the lurve!! :nod:

I love lots of the foiled paper and card, just the toppers that aren't me !

hi bartybabe maybe you should come and visit the sister site of this one at www.crafttelly.com

I love Kanban too - especially the foiled mirri card - too nice to actually use :)

I have a see through storage box on my left, with a pile of it in and I keep looking at it admiringly - I do have plans for it though as soon as I've finished the order I'm working on........:nod::nod:

hi bartybabe maybe you should come and visit the sister site of this one at www.crafttelly.com

I've been over there Ian and, don't really know why, it just isn't 'me'. I like that someone speaks about crafting on here occasionally as it is a QVC thread. I expect it's just me and my arkwardness...........
Just pointing out that it isn't for everyone..

I've been over there Ian and, don't really know why, it just isn't 'me'. I like that someone speaks about crafting on here occasionally as it is a QVC thread. I expect it's just me and my arkwardness...........

I have to agree but it's mainly because I know naff all about crafting!! I bought 2 Kanban kits (of which neither I know what to do with but they looked so pretty I thought they would come in handy for something....) and a scrapbooking kit which is gathering dust.

Plus because it's very nice but different people - they thought I was a bloke (aragorn), bless. So I hotfooted it back here to my comfort zone where everyone knows that a) I'm definitely a girl and b) I've a warped sense of humour.......

Plus because it's very nice but different people - they thought I was a bloke (aragorn), bless. So I hotfooted it back here to my comfort zone where everyone knows that a) I'm definitely a girl and b) I've a warped sense of humour.......

Me too, I do occasionally post over there, but I'm afraid after all the obnoxious posting by nasty Nige (Rosemary Merrys husband) I decided that it wasn't for me. I generally read that forum, but find the banter on here much more plesant. Also I'm a member of a much bigger craft forum which suits my needs.

Me too, I do occasionally post over there, but I'm afraid after all the obnoxious posting by nasty Nige (Rosemary Merrys husband) I decided that it wasn't for me. I generally read that forum, but find the banter on here much more plesant. Also I'm a member of a much bigger craft forum which suits my needs.

Oohhh, spill the beans. What has Nige done??

Oohhh, spill the beans. What has Nige done??

He is just plain rude and a bully. I commented on the fact that I found his posts of no use and that they were of the hard sell type without giving any actual information , and he responded in a rude and obnoxious manner. I notice that he now no longer posts, as I guess it doesnt him or Rosemary or QVC any good by having a bully represent their products! Grrrrrrr. I'm sure you can find his posts on there still unless it was before the crash, it might have been. His username is poppysno.

Too true but it didnt help me in feeling like a member of that particiular community, sad but true as I'm a crafter of many many years (since a child) and I'm sure I would have something to offer.

I understand that you could have been put off by an incident like that, Choppysocks, but he was never a proper member (whatever that is!) there and only ever came on to plug Rosemary's shows on QVC and the items that she was demoing, which was a blimmin' cheek really.

I understand that you could have been put off by an incident like that, Choppysocks, but he was never a proper member (whatever that is!) there and only ever came on to plug Rosemary's shows on QVC and the items that she was demoing, which was a blimmin' cheek really.

I know what you mean. A proper member of a forum to me is someone who contributes to the forum as a whole, and not just to reep the benefit or as a platform to advertise oneself, unless you are a paying sponsor of course.

I do pop on, but it may be a while before I feel part of it I'm afraid, once bitten twice shy.

Latest posts

Back