Katie on Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jimapak

Registered Shopper
They must be running out of presenters because they've got Makeup girl Katie selling jeweller.

They must be running out of presenters because they've got Makeup girl Katie selling jeweller.
Kati's been at Gemporia for years. She's worked as a producer, and has presented shows on occasion before the makeup range started up.

She's always been less hard sell than the remaining presenters, so her shows would be more enjoyable IMO

The 3 to 7pm shift has been strange lately. Instead of Kate or Lynn, we had Lindsey Carr, Rachel Hatton and now Kati Elliot. I wonder what has happened to Kate and Lynn

Kati's been at Gemporia for years. She's worked as a producer, and has presented shows on occasion before the makeup range started up.

She's always been less hard sell than the remaining presenters, so her shows would be more enjoyable IMO
Totally agree. I am really enjoying watching her. She has a great sense of humour and does not engages in dubious tactics.

She has more charisma and personality than most from what I have seen

Seems a good move
I like Kati's style of presenting and personality so good to see her on with the jewellery. A few years ago she designed a silver charm bracelet with clip on Christmas themed charms set with gemstones. I think it was K by Kati.I got one as a gift and have worn lots as not obviously 'Christmas' and lovely quality.

I like her style. She is calm and collected. I’ve just switched on. She always comes across as very polite too. Always a bonus in my book. I’m also a visage fan. She has done very well and still comes across as credible.
Completely agree, she is fun to watch and does not shout or take herself too seriously like some others. At the same time she is knowledgeable and professional.

She’s Head of Beauty, I doubt strongly if she’d want to take a backwards step. Struggling to find basic cover is another symptom of the current management shambles.

She wanted to be a presenter once - and in order to do so, it's been mentioned on air a couple of times that she even had elocution lessons to try to bring her voice down in pitch slightly and to improve pronunciation.

She then went on to present for a quite a while - but then stepped back when she launched Visage, plus becoming the designer for the bespoke and high-end 'Atelier' range of Jewellery, on top of the work she was already doing with the Kama Charms and her 'K' by Kati range.

She does quite a lot 'behind the scenes' which is a shame because she is good presenter. She can be calm. She can be witty. She can change her presenting style based on what she's selling. She doesn't bother with the hard sell and faux surprise nonsense that the others do - and she hasn't got any annoying, repetitive, lines like "Absolutely!", "I've just got to let you know" every ten seconds, and "Good luck to each and every one of you, well done".

She wanted to be a presenter once - and in order to do so, it's been mentioned on air a couple of times that she even had elocution lessons to try to bring her voice down in pitch slightly and to improve pronunciation.

She then went on to present for a quite a while - but then stepped back when she launched Visage, plus becoming the designer for the bespoke and high-end 'Atelier' range of Jewellery, on top of the work she was already doing with the Kama Charms and her 'K' by Kati range.

She does quite a lot 'behind the scenes' which is a shame because she is good presenter. She can be calm. She can be witty. She can change her presenting style based on what she's selling. She doesn't bother with the hard sell and faux surprise nonsense that the others do - and she hasn't got any annoying, repetitive, lines like "Absolutely!", "I've just got to let you know" every ten seconds, and "Good luck to each and every one of you, well done".
Kati is a lot like the sadly missed Ruth Linnett: it doesn't matter what they're selling, both are well-prepared for their shows, have knowledge and useful information to share about the items coming to air, and can get through a show without resorting to screeching at the top of their lungs or trying any of the large number of tricks and ruses other presenters use over and over to get sales.

And I have heard this story about viewers apparently not taking to Kati's voice, which allegedly put paid to her move into full-time presenting. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe.

Kati doesn't appear to have put anyone off watching the Visage shows she guests on. And I would argue that she's a LOT calmer and easier to understand than Lindsey Carr, Hattie, and Lynn when they're in full flow. When Lindsey's acting overexcited, she almost emits sounds that only dogs and bats could register

And I have heard this story about viewers apparently not taking to Kati's voice, which allegedly put paid to her move into full-time presenting. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe.
It is Ellis that has made this claim on-air on numerous occasions - and I'm fairly sure Ellis has also told us that it was her that told Kati that she "didn't have the right voice for TV".

I've never actually seen any comments from customers that have mentioned Kati's voice.

In my opinion, her voice is about the same pitch as Lindsey Carr - so if Kati "doesn't have the right voice for TV", then surely the same would apply to Lindsey Carr.

Personally, I would rather have Kati on air than Lindsey Carr. At least Kati is calm and 'normal' when presenting - whereas Lindsey Carr is one of the worst for over-acting and screeching out in faux surprise at prices (despite all the presenters having a sheet with all the prices on - so they know exactly what the price is going to before it comes to air).

It is Ellis that has made this claim on-air on numerous occasions - and I'm fairly sure Ellis has also told us that it was her that told Kati that she "didn't have the right voice for TV".

I've never actually seen any comments from customers that have mentioned Kati's voice.

In my opinion, her voice is about the same pitch as Lindsey Carr - so if Kati "doesn't have the right voice for TV", then surely the same would apply to Lindsey Carr.

Personally, I would rather have Kati on air than Lindsey Carr. At least Kati is calm and 'normal' when presenting - whereas Lindsey Carr is one of the worst for over-acting and screeching out in faux surprise at prices (despite all the presenters having a sheet with all the prices on - so they know exactly what the price is going to before it comes to air).
Ellis is hardly one to tell others whether they should be on telly or not. Just because she once appeared on telly with Bruce Forsyth and Matthew Kelly doesn't make her a showbusiness icon and someone whose opinions on "the biz" are amazing. I bet the general (non-telly shopping) public wouldn't have a clue who she was if you told them her name. She was on a prime time telly show about 40 years ago, and seemed to disappear sharpish afterwards.

If Kati was so off-putting, why have her on air at all? And I agree that she's a lot better than Ms Carr. She's a lot better than Jade Troth, who can put a whole football stadium to sleep just by saying "Jadeite. At least Kati seems genuinely enthused about her makeup range

Ellis is hardly one to tell others whether they should be on telly or not. Just because she once appeared on telly with Bruce Forsyth and Matthew Kelly doesn't make her a showbusiness icon and someone whose opinions on "the biz" are amazing. I bet the general (non-telly shopping) public wouldn't have a clue who she was if you told them her name. She was on a prime time telly show about 40 years ago, and seemed to disappear sharpish afterwards.

If Kati was so off-putting, why have her on air at all? And I agree that she's a lot better than Ms Carr. She's a lot better than Jade Troth, who can put a whole football stadium to sleep just by saying "Jadeite. At least Kati seems genuinely enthused about her makeup range
I totally agree. I get the impression she felt that she could say it because she trains the presenters.

If its Ellis that has trained all of these shouting, shrieking bunch of annoying presenters that fill the line-up at the moment, I'd say it's that lot that aren't fit for TV. Kati is far better than 95% of them.

Cheralene and Jess Foley are lucky they work for Gemporia because I seriously think they'd struggle to get TV work on any other channel. Both are totally out if they're depth on Selly telly. They say nothing about the jewellery - they just repeat the same old meaningless lines for every single item. "The light is dancing out of this", "its big, its bold", "good luck to each and every one of you. We'll done", "I've just got to let you know.....", "In this one off opportunity we can see here........ 28 available"

Useless. Meaningless waffle.

I totally agree. I get the impression she felt that she could say it because she trains the presenters.

If its Ellis that has trained all of these shouting, shrieking bunch of annoying presenters that fill the line-up at the moment, I'd say it's that lot that aren't fit for TV. Kati is far better than 95% of them.

Cheralene and Jess Foley are lucky they work for Gemporia because I seriously think they'd struggle to get TV work on any other channel. Both are totally out if they're depth on Selly telly. They say nothing about the jewellery - they just repeat the same old meaningless lines for every single item. "The light is dancing out of this", "its big, its bold", "good luck to each and every one of you. We'll done", "I've just got to let you know.....", "In this one off opportunity we can see here........ 28 available"

Useless. Meaningless waffle.
I wouldn't trust either of them if they told me that today was Friday.

Jess, for me, is the worse of the two. I get the impression that she finds her own fibs and mistruths very, very amusing. Usually when she looks directly into the camera after spouting an enormous whopper of a "statement", and then gives a humongous, insincere and self-satisfied smirk.

Cheralene is like Lindsey Carr: both struggle just to read the on-screen graphics, and both look like they've just been grabbed off the street and told to present a show with zero preparation.

I feel very sorry for crafters, as Cheralene is just as bad on Hobbymaker IMO. Thankfully she usually has an experienced guest with her who can pick up the slack

Latest posts

Back