Katie on Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ellis is hardly one to tell others whether they should be on telly or not. Just because she once appeared on telly with Bruce Forsyth and Matthew Kelly doesn't make her a showbusiness icon and someone whose opinions on "the biz" are amazing. I bet the general (non-telly shopping) public wouldn't have a clue who she was if you told them her name. She was on a prime time telly show about 40 years ago, and seemed to disappear sharpish afterwards.

If Kati was so off-putting, why have her on air at all? And I agree that she's a lot better than Ms Carr. She's a lot better than Jade Troth, who can put a whole football stadium to sleep just by saying "Jadeite. At least Kati seems genuinely enthused about her makeup range
You are so right about Ellis

It does rather explain a lot.
Maybe Jake should ask Ellis to stop "helping" out, now he's allegedly the MD.

Though he appears to still be jetting off around the world buying gems. Which is a very strange thing to be doing when your company is currently trying to sell everything in the vault to up its cashflow.

He can go and buy as many gems as he likes, but that's not going to help anyone if he's not getting to grips with the massive ongoing problems that have driven Gemporia to its current state.

Maybe Jake should ask Ellis to stop "helping" out, now he's allegedly the MD.

Though he appears to still be jetting off around the world buying gems. Which is a very strange thing to be doing when your company is currently trying to sell everything in the vault to up its cashflow.

He can go and buy as many gems as he likes, but that's not going to help anyone if he's not getting to grips with the massive ongoing problems that have driven Gemporia to its current state.
I wonder what he is buying since they haven't had new gemstone showcases in ages. Their weekend shows have been really poor of late. Beads, nuggets and jadeite. Saves me from spending money, I guess

I just can't bring myself to try it. The last time I bought something Ellis raved about was the HE room diffuser, it stank the place out, even when I put it outside, all you could smell was that, I had to bin it. I was hoping to be sent a sample, but never got one, I did purchase some earrings and Primal stuff, but guessing it only came with Visage purchases. I didn't mind the Miss Diopside that they did, but it lasted mere minutes before it was gone. Not liked any of the other fragrances.

Another shocker was seeing an item on the web at one price and then half an hour later it was on air at auctioned for a much higher price than the web.
Has this happened recently? I reported them to the Advertising Standards Authority for doing exactly this - and the ASA upheld the complaint and gave Gemporia a warning that they are not to do it again.

If they're still doing it, I strongly suggest lodging it with the ASA.

I just can't bring myself to try it. The last time I bought something Ellis raved about was the HE room diffuser, it stank the place out, even when I put it outside, all you could smell was that, I had to bin it. I was hoping to be sent a sample, but never got one, I did purchase some earrings and Primal stuff, but guessing it only came with Visage purchases. I didn't mind the Miss Diopside that they did, but it lasted mere minutes before it was gone. Not liked any of the other fragrances.
Same, Brighthunter, same. Ended up chucking both He and Roar (What was I thinking!) as they were awful. Ditto some of the other perfumes. But to be fair I fell for the same hard sell on TJC for the Scent Dr and William Hunt stuff. No more fragrances for me unless I can test them and see what they’re like an hour later.

Same, Brighthunter, same. Ended up chucking both He and Roar (What was I thinking!) as they were awful. Ditto some of the other perfumes. But to be fair I fell for the same hard sell on TJC for the Scent Dr and William Hunt stuff. No more fragrances for me unless I can test them and see what they’re like an hour later.
Gemporia had a good idea when they decided to send samples. I received mine with some earrings I bought. I absolutely hated the perfume and agree with Manwithnoname that it smelled like chemicals after a while. I also thought that it was too expensive at 30 quid for 50ml.

Its a good idea to send samples and I remember them doing it with Black Onyx and Angelite etc, but I never got one this time, I saw that it sold out last night, so hopefully everyone who did buy it likes it! We will know if there is an extra show of it to sell all the ones that have been returned. I saw one message that said they had no idea what it smelled like, but trusted Kati. I'm afraid I'm not so trusting after experiencing HE (the bog of eternal stench) :sick:

I once bought the set that included several of the collection and my mum loved all of them, especially Black Onyx, she wasn't so keen on the black onyx candle I got her though. I liked the advert for the perfume with that woman dramatically kicking her shoe off :LOL:

It's all subjective I suppose. I loved the old Scarlett and Miss Diopside as I like fresh, not spicy fragrances, but I thought Ivy smelled like cats pee

*waits to see if I get thrown off here like I did off the Facebook group for - shock horror - having my own personal tastes.

I actually bought a bottle of the Miss Diopside and still have a tiny bit left, I just wish the fragrance lasted longer. I don't like many perfumes though and Chanel No5 smells like bin juice on me. I always pass on perfumes that I don't like to my mum as she likes a lot more than I do - she has no end lol!

Latest posts

Back