Katie on Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weirdly I’m not that keen on Kati on the Visage shows but she’s one of the best they’ve got on a jewellery show.

It is Ellis that has made this claim on-air on numerous occasions - and I'm fairly sure Ellis has also told us that it was her that told Kati that she "didn't have the right voice for TV".

I've never actually seen any comments from customers that have mentioned Kati's voice.

In my opinion, her voice is about the same pitch as Lindsey Carr - so if Kati "doesn't have the right voice for TV", then surely the same would apply to Lindsey Carr.

Personally, I would rather have Kati on air than Lindsey Carr. At least Kati is calm and 'normal' when presenting - whereas Lindsey Carr is one of the worst for over-acting and screeching out in faux surprise at prices (despite all the presenters having a sheet with all the prices on - so they know exactly what the price is going to before it comes to air).
Yes Ellis said on air Kati didn't have the right voice as it was too high.....I think she said she had helped her to moderate her voice???? Give me Kati any day of the week

Yes Ellis said on air Kati didn't have the right voice as it was too high.....I think she said she had helped her to moderate her voice???? Give me Kati any day of the week
That’s interesting that Ellis said that. Kati has a voice that’s hers. Sounds genuinely expressive and enthusiastic. Ellis on the other hand is coming across as rather condescending and patronising. I know who I prefer.

Cheralene is just as bad on Hobbymaker IMO.
She was just as bad on Lifestyle, Jewellery Maker and Gem Collector on the rare occasions she'd fill in on there too.

She has no idea what to say about anything. All she ever says is, literally, these same phrases on repeat:

"The light is dancing out of this"
"In this design we can see here"
"Its big, it's bold"
"We're taking every penny and every pound out of this"
"In this scent we can see here" (Yes, she actually says that we can see a scent when she's flogging Jaineys perfumes)
"Look at the greens, the reds, the blues, the oranges" - on items of jewellery where not one of those colours is visible in the stone.
"In this one off opportunity today - 96 available"

I wouldn't trust either of them if they told me that today was Friday.

Jess, for me, is the worse of the two. I get the impression that she finds her own fibs and mistruths very, very amusing. Usually when she looks directly into the camera after spouting an enormous whopper of a "statement", and then gives a humongous, insincere and self-satisfied smirk.

Cheralene is like Lindsey Carr: both struggle just to read the on-screen graphics, and both look like they've just been grabbed off the street and told to present a show with zero preparation.

I feel very sorry for crafters, as Cheralene is just as bad on Hobbymaker IMO. Thankfully she usually has an experienced guest with her who can pick up the slack
Jess is by far my least favourite presenter as her
I wouldn't trust either of them if they told me that today was Friday.

Jess, for me, is the worse of the two. I get the impression that she finds her own fibs and mistruths very, very amusing. Usually when she looks directly into the camera after spouting an enormous whopper of a "statement", and then gives a humongous, insincere and self-satisfied smirk.

Cheralene is like Lindsey Carr: both struggle just to read the on-screen graphics, and both look like they've just been grabbed off the street and told to present a show with zero preparation.

I feel very sorry for crafters, as Cheralene is just as bad on Hobbymaker IMO. Thankfully she usually has an experienced guest with her who can pick up the slack
Really?? I can't see anything wrong with Kati's tone of voice. It is the frenetic shouty, borderline hysterical from certain presenters that needs some coaching surely.

I saw Kati this morning, and I will be honest, I have always found her voice a bit too high pitched for me when watching her on Visage. However, I saw her present some jewellery today and enjoyed listening to her. She has a good sense of humour too, which shone through. She is far better than Hattie, Jess, Adina and Lyndsey who just annoy the heck out of me.

I agree. She's been a bit hyper and annoying this week. Completely different to earlier in the year.
Shame I hope she doesn’t change. I wanted to watch for longer but found her approach rather childish. Hyper hits the nail on the head. I stayed for as long as I could then switched off. After repeatedly hearing “yes baby”….

I only watched for a couple of hours but I did enjoy what I saw of Kati's show. I agree she was a bit more hyped than usual (maybe nerves?) but I find it refreshing to be sold jewellery because it's nice to wear rather than being told it's an "heirloom". I know it's all about sales but I do find Kati's approach more enjoyable to watch.

I haven't watched any other shows for more than 5 minutes since Feb as I felt that they were relying on repeat customers having amnesia or too much money to care if pricing was consistent. If they would stop the constant lies about "lowest ever price" and make it fair, I might return as a customer as I have noticed some nice and affordable designs appearing on the web recently.

Personally, I have always benefited from the massive price discrepancies by holding out and picking up items for a fraction of the launch price in secret sales or on the web. It just doesn't feel right that loyal customers who aren't aware of this are paying way over the odds for items of a much lower value. Even at the lower prices I paid, I do not believe I have investment pieces. Many presenters seem to prey on vulnerable people with lies and I like Kati because I feel she doesn't do this..

Having been on holiday for nearly three weeks I had gotten out of the habit of Shopping Telly, and had promised to limit my viewing. I caught about ten minutes of Ellis on Thursday and she was unwatchable, so over the top and hyper. She was wittering on about a piece of Labradorite that they were selling for £20. Apparently it had sold the previous day for £79, and all she could say was how much trouble they would be in. If I had bought that at £60 more, I’d have been fuming, so much for their family values! On Friday I caught another ten minutes of Angeline, who was selling some earrings. She waxed lyrical that they were the only company that allowed you to return earrings as they supplied them in a hygienically sealed pouch. Wrong, TJC do the same. Nothing unique there, and the major problem with that is the bags are so small you can’t really see the earrings properly, and in some cases the label obscures the item. I’ve stopped buying earrings this way as I’ve been left with things that don’t suit. And QVC, for all their faults let you actually try them on. Rant over!

She wanted to be a presenter once - and in order to do so, it's been mentioned on air a couple of times that she even had elocution lessons to try to bring her voice down in pitch slightly and to improve pronunciation.

She then went on to present for a quite a while - but then stepped back when she launched Visage, plus becoming the designer for the bespoke and high-end 'Atelier' range of Jewellery, on top of the work she was already doing with the Kama Charms and her 'K' by Kati range.

She does quite a lot 'behind the scenes' which is a shame because she is good presenter. She can be calm. She can be witty. She can change her presenting style based on what she's selling. She doesn't bother with the hard sell and faux surprise nonsense that the others do - and she hasn't got any annoying, repetitive, lines like "Absolutely!", "I've just got to let you know" every ten seconds, and "Good luck to each and every one of you, well done".
Who am I? "genuinely the best.... I have ever seen?

Really? No. Not really.

That said, I think Kati is a breath of fresh air. She was a little excitable on Friday night, but at least she wasn't perpetually stating a "mistake" had been made.

The amount of "mistakes" daily, on Ellis' shows, it is a wonder they haven't all been fired🤔

Having been on holiday for nearly three weeks I had gotten out of the habit of Shopping Telly, and had promised to limit my viewing. I caught about ten minutes of Ellis on Thursday and she was unwatchable, so over the top and hyper. She was wittering on about a piece of Labradorite that they were selling for £20. Apparently it had sold the previous day for £79, and all she could say was how much trouble they would be in. If I had bought that at £60 more, I’d have been fuming, so much for their family values! On Friday I caught another ten minutes of Angeline, who was selling some earrings. She waxed lyrical that they were the only company that allowed you to return earrings as they supplied them in a hygienically sealed pouch. Wrong, TJC do the same. Nothing unique there, and the major problem with that is the bags are so small you can’t really see the earrings properly, and in some cases the label obscures the item. I’ve stopped buying earrings this way as I’ve been left with things that don’t suit. And QVC, for all their faults let you actually try them on. Rant over!
Great rant!

That said, I think Kati is a breath of fresh air. She was a little excitable on Friday night, but at least she wasn't perpetually stating a "mistake" had been made.

The amount of "mistakes" daily, on Ellis' shows, it is a wonder they haven't all been fired🤔
If only!!

She was wittering on about a piece of Labradorite that they were selling for £20. Apparently it had sold the previous day for £79, and all she could say was how much trouble they would be in. If I had bought that at £60 more, I’d have been fuming, so much for their family values!

I heard her say that. She'd have been better keeping that to herself rather than making it a selling point by boasting about it on-air. If they can knock £60 off in the space of 24 hours, that just screams out "rip off merchants" and "taking advantage" to me.

I'm sure it was a mistake though. After all, they're a friend in our living room and they only operate on tiny margins...............

This is one of the main reasons I stopped shopping with them completely. It happened far too often and as every show was a "sale" or "clearance" in name only there was no price pledge. I just ended up feeling totally ripped off. Another shocker was seeing an item on the web at one price and then half an hour later it was on air at auctioned for a much higher price than the web. Stupid and insane pricing policy. They might mug a few people off when they are new, but regular customers (the bread and butter of a business) will soon twig it and vote with their feet - and their wallets - by going elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back