Liz Earle TSV - 14/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If superskin is in it I won't buy as I think it smells awful.

I don't like the smell of the original version too much, to be honest, but they launched a new version with neroli which seems to sort of "cover" the slightly fishy smell (at least on my skin, I think it is one of the oils in the cream) and that would be the one I'd choose in case of a Superskin TSV.

Me too Ani.
I've tried loads of other cleansers that I really like, but you don't realise how much better C & P is until you haven't used it for a while and then go back to it. I always look/feel better with it IYSWIM?
The only one that comes close is this one:-
https://www.balanceme.co.uk/face/product-family/daily-essentials/cleanse-smooth-face-balm

I hate IBST now though since they messed around with it though. It doesn't even smell the same anymore. Pity really, because it was one of my staples, so I'm on the hunt for an alternative at the minute.

I've got 3 bottles of IBST in my stash, but only one bottle of the old formulation. I keep putting off using it because I know it's my last bottle, but I'm gonna have to use it soon or it'll be going off.

Did you try the Soap & Glory Hot Cloth Cleanser? The INCIs are nearly the same as in C&P. The Cleanser from The Sanctuary wasn't that bad, either. Just to name a few.

Did you try the Soap & Glory Hot Cloth Cleanser? The INCIs are nearly the same as in C&P. The Cleanser from The Sanctuary wasn't that bad, either. Just to name a few.

I have Ani, but it was about 6 or 7 years ago IIRC. I honestly can't remember if I liked it or not though!!

Does it have an orangey smell? I might pop into Boots tomorrow and have a look. Thanks for the reminder :)

Edit, I've just had a look on the Boots website.
This is the only one I can find, but I definitely haven't used this one.
The one I tried was in a kind of foil tube IYSWIM? Kind of like the L'Occitane Hand Cream tubes.
Is it the same product does anyone know?

http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory™-The-Ultimelt™-Deep-Purifying-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser_1364162/

Another Edit, ignore me.
This is the one I've used:-
http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory™...r-Concentrated-Cleansing-Cream-100ml_1014618/

Well, in the meantime the cleanser got a new packaging so I don't know whether they only changed that or also the product itself. When I used it, I expected it to smell sort of sweet (it was the packaging that drove me down the sweet path.....;-) ), but it didn't, at all. If I remember right, the smell was more on the herbal side, not orangy at all. But as I said, that was before the change of packaging.

The Cleanser from The Sanctuary (also from Boots) smelled slightly "healthy", too, but I liked it.

The Boots No 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser wasn't too bad, either, but the smell was too "perfumey" for me. I also tried the Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm from Botanics, but I found it didn't cleanse properly and I didn't like the waxen consistency. The one I really liked was the No 7 Melting Gel Cleanser (a Clarins-be-alike), but I want to try the No 7 Balm one day.

As I live outside the UK, it is not possible for me to test Superdrug products which are said to be very good.

Hope we soon find out what this is. Am tempted by the Elemis TSV but would like to know what this TSV is as I cannot afford to buy both.

Suki it was on the BeautyBash thread, try looking from page 18 onward as can't remember the exact page.

I am still hoping for a mistake and that the TSV will be one with the neroli Superskin Moisturiser.:blush: Sorry @Martina.

No chance. I have received the February newsletter: There is a picture of the upcoming TSV which shows the set from the Beauty Bash already mentioned (Moisturiser, Cleanse & Polish, Tonic, Peeling, Brightening Mask, Eyebright)[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]. [/FONT]A plus: It's all full sizes.
The newsletter ist also on Facebook.

So no Superskin for me and no TSV this time.

Last edited:
They had all that in the last TSV except for the eye lotion. I won't be buying as I've still got plenty from last time. Didn't sell as many as they thought maybe and have re-hashed it?

CC

This looks a good TSV for me as I will use everything and hate lots of tiddly sizes, but it will depend on the price and QVC's added p&p before I decide, as Liz Earle's website often do offers of free p&p and free extras thrown in.

I am getting really bored of Liz Earle TSV's. With every one l get a sense of deja vu! I am very underwhelmed with this one so won't be bothering.

Latest posts

Back