Lynn

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been predicting this for a while on here. It's been clear for a year or so that she's been gradually winding down as her shifts have become less and less.

This must be where Jeff slots in then as he's recently announced that we'll be seeing more of him - and Millie has also made a gradual return in the background too.

Hopefully Jeff doesn't get put on mornings though. Hopefully they have more of a schedule switch-around and move Jess Foley back to mornings (or, better still, give her her P45) and put Jeff on in the afternoons.

Lynn is no great loss - but it'll be sad to see Jeff go from the night time slots. He's the only one that is watchable.

Millie is OK and I could cope with her - but I couldn't stand that gobby Claire doing the late shows. It would just be yet another annoying presenter added to the line-up if she ends up becoming the regular weekend night time presenter. Her following on from Hattie would a total car crash.

Angeline and Lynn used to be 'best mates' back in the day, if my memory serves me right? (Of course, my perception could have been corrupted by all the high quality jade I've seen). Angeline must be one of/the only surviving member from the very early days now who has been on there continuously. I wonder how long it will be before she decamps elsewhere, although thinking about it she's probably got it too good - I don't think I can ever remember her doing an early or late shift, she's always seemed to do the 3 pm finish, and seemed to be pretty inflexible on this apart from a few occasions. I suppose she's on a different contract, maybe.

Angeline won't be going anywhere, any time soon. She's not long joined up with Steve on a business venture.

But yes, Angeline & Nick, Lynn and Rod, and Steve Bennett are all very good friends outside of Gemporia.

It's also well known that your 'face has to fit' at Gemporia. If you fit in well, you get the good slots, if your face doesn't fit, you get the slots nobody wants (I can't reveal my sources because it'll then reveal my identity to Gemporia. Not that I'm overly bothered - I just don't want them blocking my buyer account because I do log into my account now and again to check details of items I've bought in the past).

What I do find interesting is that more and more presenters seem to be lining up other projects. Back up plans perhaps in case the proverbial hits the fan at Gemporia?

The latest to announce a new side project is Hattie - she's off for the rest of the week so that she can do a Pilates teacher course. Then she's heading off for Tucson with Troth and co next week.

I won't miss Lynn telling me how much I am enjoying her show with a fake smile firmly plastered on her face as she glares into the camera.

I also hope that she takes all the crystal witchcrafty healing woo stuff with her. If I needed help with acid reflux or chronic flatulence, I'd consult my doctor or the local pharmacist. I wouldn't hop on Gemporia and buy myself a filled ruby gold tone pendant and a couple of overpriced candles and try to "align my chakras". Or whatever it is she witters on about

I won't miss Lynn telling me how much I am enjoying her show with a fake smile firmly plastered on her face as she glares into the camera.

I also hope that she takes all the crystal witchcrafty healing woo stuff with her. If I needed help with acid reflux or chronic flatulence, I'd consult my doctor or the local pharmacist. I wouldn't hop on Gemporia and buy myself a filled ruby gold tone pendant and a couple of overpriced candles and try to "align my chakras". Or whatever it is she witters on about

The thought of having my chakras aligned brings tears to the eye! :oops:

Like everyone else nothing surprises me. She has just announced her presenter Instagram account will close March. I dipped in last night and I know now why I don’t bother as much, too much talking, it drives me mad lol.
I still feel that Gemporia made the decision to stop Destello and Gem Auras. Hattie said then she didn’t have the time and now she’s training to be a Pilates instructor. Wouldn’t be surprised in 12 months to see her do this full time.

I always thought Hatties explanation for Destello‘s demise was iffy. If it had been doing well they could have got her an assistant. It’s now as clear as day that Kimbie was a more profitable option, to replace Gem Auras and Destello.

Like everyone else nothing surprises me. She has just announced her presenter Instagram account will close March. I dipped in last night and I know now why I don’t bother as much, too much talking, it drives me mad lol.
I still feel that Gemporia made the decision to stop Destello and Gem Auras. Hattie said then she didn’t have the time and now she’s training to be a Pilates instructor. Wouldn’t be surprised in 12 months to see her do this full time.

I'm surprised that Gemporia are letting their presenters talk so openly about 'projects' on the side.

It comes across as though presenters are putting 'plan Bs' in place in case Gemporia doesn't survive............................

I watched some of Lynn's show yesterday and she mentioned Suzie Menham who is joining from JM, but she said she is 'replacing a few of us' she also was joking, not joking that they were making her work her notice and that she is still on Facebook so we can follow her on her new 'tv presenting' and whatever she does next. Made me wonder if she was joining Rod on Chalmers Gems or maybe even QVC

I always thought Hatties explanation for Destello‘s demise was iffy. If it had been doing well they could have got her an assistant. It’s now as clear as day that Kimbie was a more profitable option, to replace Gem Auras and Destello.
I agree if it was seen as profitable they would have kept it. Some of Destello items were very nice. Visage still seen as viable. I was surprised that Destello was wound down.

I watched some of Lynn's show yesterday and she mentioned Suzie Menham who is joining from JM, but she said she is 'replacing a few of us' she also was joking, not joking that they were making her work her notice and that she is still on Facebook so we can follow her on her new 'tv presenting' and whatever she does next. Made me wonder if she was joining Rod on Chalmers Gems or maybe even QVC
I hope not. Ruth and Amelia have fitted in well with QVC. I can’t imagine La Q selling crystals!

I can't wait for her to leave just wish Angeline,Ellis AND A few others would go with her.

I think Lynn is going full-on solo with all her chakra brainwashing. She's had stalls at exhibitions, etc - so I suspect that she sources her stones from Chalmers Gems and 'bundles them up' into her chakra kit things that she sells. I suspect her 'TV presenting' will be things like Facebook lives or a TikTok shop to sell her wares.

There's no chance on earth that Lynn would last five minutes at QVC. Lynn gets away with a lot because she's been at Gemporia for years - but she's as bad as Lindsey Carr for spouting absolute nonsense. Lynn has been at Gemporia since day one - yet she still says these two things that are 100% false.

"You'll receive your order in a couple of days" - no Lynn, no they won't. It's at least 3 days if they're VERY lucky - but usually 4 or 5 days is the norm.

And this one really bugs me:

"We don't take payment until your order is ready for dispatch" - this has NEVER been the case. Quite often, when I've placed an order, the payment has been taken and it's showing as "pending" in my bank account straight after midnight.

Someone messaged in a few weeks ago and specifically said to Lynn "Hi Lynn. I really like this piece - but I don't get paid until a couple of days time".

Lynn replied "Don't worry - you can still get it. We don't take payment until your order has been dispatched" - which is wrong.

If Gemporia tried to take payment after midnight, then that customer will have had an email saying that they tried to take payment but were unsuccessful.

How she's got away with that for so long is completely baffling.

Latest posts

Back