Molton Brown - gone from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a bizarre move but all the signs were there for a long time. The qvc MB stock has been pitifully low for ages - just the same old kits, and the flogged to death 7 piece radiance collection.
This sort of thing is common when Japanese companies takeover UK ones: I remember always using Mary Quant cosmetics and then some Japanese company bought it and it vanished from British high streets never to be seen again.
I live near the Lowry outlet mall in Manchester and always get MB products (in kits) from there. They are much better value than the qvc kits and, of course, no postage. However, last time I was in there, the shelves were somewhat bare and I wondered whether something was afoot, particularly in light of the dwindling qvc stock.

I tried to click Thanks on your comments Iclaudipuss but it would not click. So thanks I agree with what you have said xx

I must admit that the MB shop in Glasgow does a reasonable business. I have never gone past and seen it empty, not since it moved to Buchanan Street in November.

I must admit that the MB shop in Glasgow does a reasonable business. I have never gone past and seen it empty, not since it moved to Buchanan Street in November.

That's cos my other half is always in there bulk buying his Black Pepper shower gel:D

Seriously though, that sucks if they're going from QVC as I did always buy the xmas TSV usually to split it between me and boyfy. The MB shop in Manchester never has anyone in it - and the shelves are always bare.

But the QVC shows have all been too samey just recently and nothing tempting or interesting, but it will save me money in the long run as I can't really see me buying from the website (always seem to have problems ordering on there so gave up in the end)

i sent an e-mail to qvc to ask about molton brown and they said that molton brown was still a stock item. i suppose they are being honest when they say that but a stock item for how much longer. obvious they are keeping mum i am sure there is still a few hundred of them set
s left. oh well! i always remember when i go into the empty molton brown store in brent cross and you tell them that you get you stuff from qvc they seem to squirm. also with elemis. interestingly enough loccitane was a brand that was introduced to me by alison young and some of the best customers shop in the loccitane stores and spend huge sums as the products are quite unique. i find molton brown a bit samey and most people copy all the scents. loccitane seems more exclusive.

But, there won't be any more funny posts about the awfulness of Heavenly Gingerlily and the lady who presents it all!;)

Awwww, can we have a memorial service for Gill before she goes to the great heavenly nights of headyness in the sky! (or wherever retired MB presenters go). We need a hall of fame for her on here.

All of a sudden I'm beginning to want another 7 piece Radiance collection :D

You may be one of many!! :D:D I'm tempted to think that even when all the othe MB has dried up, this kit will still be floating around in clearance for years to come!

I'm shocked too, but the prices in John Lewis are the same as QVC (roughly) for the handwash and handcream (QVC charge extra £4.45 for p+p) so I'll get mine from there (and it's free p+p.) It will be their loss - silly move I think!

I think it is strange that on the link to John Lewis it says it is a special purchase, smacks to me of the company is maybe in trouble.

Although I've moaned bitterly in the past about MB becoming stale re the products offered on QVC, I'd miss them if they went - especially the Xmas TSV. I hope this isn't true, but the signs don't look good. :(

I usually use Philosophy, but MB offer a nice, spicier end of the spectrum scent-wise that I appreciate. I've tried to love l'occitane, but have recently decided to admit to myself that I just don't like the way their shower gels smell and to stop trying.

Thought something was wrong for ages, as there have been hardly any MB shows, maybe just the one here and there. Also there have been no new products/kits for months.

I'll miss the Christmas TSV !!!

:dog1:

I think it is strange that on the link to John Lewis it says it is a special purchase, smacks to me of the company is maybe in trouble.

MB have always done specials twice a year, usually Jan and July. It used to be 500mls size for the price of the 300ml, or 300ml shower and 100ml body lotion free.

I agree with everything that has already been said about this being an insane business decision (I would have thanked a lot of the previous posters, but don't seem to have that option anymore?).

Perhaps it's not MB that are giving QVC the heave-ho, but vice versa - for example if QVC had been getting fed up being fobbed off with the same old kits and endless Gingerlily, instead of the new products that have come out over the last year or two.

As for branding, whatever you think of shopping telly and its cliches, there's no getting away from the fact that QVC do have some top notch beauty brands, so I don't think any company would be ashamed to be associated with them in that one department, at least...

I'm a bit gutted actually. Though I haven't bought any for a while off QVC, what with repeats and the p&p charges. Mind you I haven't got any from anywhere else either. I've been getting through my stock pile finally and looking forward to a new Christmas Kit.
Philosophy have been filling their place in my bathroom I have to say but no more MB on QVC??? :confused: :mad: :( :eek:

Little bit off topic but if anyone gets the chance try the MB Davana Blossom and Cempaka collections (think I spelt it right) they're absolutely gorgeous!!

p.s waaaay better than Gingerlily aswell IMHO!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back