Nails Inc Black Crackle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrongsideof40

Registered Shopper
The nails inc 3 piece Black crackle collection is showing as back in stock if anyone was waiting for it. I've just ordered mine. I hope it's not a returned set.:mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

I got my DD the Barry M black crackle polish for Christmas and she absolutely loves it-has worn it every day since Christmas and has just texted me to see if I can get her another (it kept selling out everywhere here before Christmas, plus she is in Spain so I end up getting stuff here for her.)

It looks really effective and she gets asked constantly out there whether it was professionally done.
I think it was only around £3 from Boots.

I got my DD the Barry M black crackle polish for Christmas and she absolutely loves it-has worn it every day since Christmas and has just texted me to see if I can get her another (it kept selling out everywhere here before Christmas, plus she is in Spain so I end up getting stuff here for her.)

It looks really effective and she gets asked constantly out there whether it was professionally done.
I think it was only around £3 from Boots.

I wish I'd known that before I'd ordered the nails inc. Thanks for that, I'll check the Barry M one out. :flower: :flower:

The nails inc 3 piece Black crackle collection is showing as back in stock if anyone was waiting for it. I've just ordered mine. I hope it's not a returned set.:mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

Shame they've taken the video off the website - would have been nice to see it in action

Don't worry its really easy to do. I have the barry m one and the best way to do it is to load the brush up a bit more than you would normally and try to do it in one or two strokes, trying not to overlap. If you put a couple of coats of your coloured polish underneath and let each coat dry then it works really well. Only thing I find is that it goes matte so I like to add a clear top coat to finish it. x

I have the opi black shatter and it's fab. Cant wait 'til June for the silver shatter :rock:

Thanks my lovely. I quite fancied that. :devil: :happy:

Don't worry its really easy to do. I have the barry m one and the best way to do it is to load the brush up a bit more than you would normally and try to do it in one or two strokes, trying not to overlap. If you put a couple of coats of your coloured polish underneath and let each coat dry then it works really well. Only thing I find is that it goes matte so I like to add a clear top coat to finish it. x

Thanks. Looking forward to giving it a go .... I think my 15 year old will like it too

Thanks. Looking forward to giving it a go .... I think my 15 year old will like it too

i assume its a girl....? :sweat:

ive never seen this stuff but it sounds very much like something that the brand known as "special FX" did a few years ago before they got the boot. dawnius bibbius does summat similar on birthday cards too. its called "crackle medium" or something. she paints it on and it makes the paint underneath crack.

are we not worried that on nails it may look a leeedle bit chavvy ? :happy:

Aaah, off to look! Have been waiting for that, was toying with the idea of the OPI version but I like the QVC set as I'm after a silver metallic and white pearl, too, so perfect!

I bought the Barry M one today in superdrug, I have it on over an OPI silver and it's lovely, and I promise it doesn't look the least bit chavvy lol.

I bought the Barry M one today in superdrug, I have it on over an OPI silver and it's lovely, and I promise it doesn't look the least bit chavvy lol.

I agree I used it over a silver and it looked fab, not at all chavvy - if anything I think it has a bit of a rock chick/gothic edge to it.

I wore the black over a shocking pink colour, to go with an outfit I was wearing and it looked fab. Again, do not think its chavvy at all

i assume its a girl....? :sweat:

ive never seen this stuff but it sounds very much like something that the brand known as "special FX" did a few years ago before they got the boot. dawnius bibbius does summat similar on birthday cards too. its called "crackle medium" or something. she paints it on and it makes the paint underneath crack.

are we not worried that on nails it may look a leeedle bit chavvy ? :happy:

No Bruv. :wink: Not even ironically. :happy: What are chav nails? Burberry check ones? :sun:

I've got white polka dots painted over red polish on my toes at the moment, and I love them!

Crackle nails look quirky, stylish, modern and sometimes a teeny bit emo maybe. They're just distressed nails, like distressed jeans - and people from all walks of life wear those.

I used to know an elderly lady who believed that nail polish of any kind was lower class whorish and the sign of Satan. She might have agreed with you! :giggle:

No Bruv. :wink: Not even ironically. :happy: What are chav nails? Burberry check ones? :sun:

I've got white polka dots painted over red polish on my toes at the moment, and I love them!

Crackle nails look quirky, stylish, modern and sometimes a teeny bit emo maybe. They're just distressed nails, like distressed jeans - and people from all walks of life wear those.

I used to know an elderly lady who believed that nail polish of any kind was lower class whorish and the sign of Satan. She might have agreed with you! :giggle:

you reminded me of the first time I met my mother in law to be. I had red nailpolish on my toes and she told her son to stay away from me as I earned my money immorally :blush::wonder: After that I always made it a point to wear the brightest colour I could find when we went to see her (still do, after all these years lol)

The Barry M one is on offer at the moment on Boots website - 2 for £5 so you cna get the crackly top coat and your base colour!

I got some off the Bay, black crackle, White crackle and red crackle for eleven pounds odd. There were also sets with different colours, think there were twelve different colours.

Got mine off the bay as well .Cheaper than la Q,

I think it looks great. Brilliant effect. I will look forward to this in other colours.:grin:

put some la femme crackle nail varnish over my chipped nails inc (been gardening with gloves but still chips) but it didn't crackle. any ideas?

Latest posts

Back