New make-up range.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Just read in todays newspaper that Liz Earle is Launching a new cosmetic line,no date yet but sure to be coming to Q,wonder if it's Avon inspired.
Lynn.

Think they are just expanding on the LE colour range that they already have (sheer skin tint)
and I believe the next item is due out in June

Love how Liz is all about the natural products etc yet her favourite mascara is Lancome. Famous for their animal testing.

Hmmm.
Reminded me of this:
“I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.”
(Everett Dirksen)
Substitute 'woman' for 'man'

Estee Lauder in the US are curently being sued for claiming that some of their brands (I think specifically Estee Lauder, Avon and Mary Kay) don't test on animals whereas many ingredients were re-tested lately as products were being introduced into the Chinese market and had to pass various tests and so required testing.

Funny how Liz can ignore this and happily sell to Avon?!

Avon is not owned by Estee Lauder.

Seems Estee Lauder, Mary Kay and Avon are moving into the Chinese market which demands all products must be tested on animals. Strange how stuff made in China but for the rest of the world is fine. So there is a call for a boycott by animal rights groups for these companies and all the brands they sell. So that includes Bobbi Brown MAC, Smashbox(it seems they have been stripped already of their animal friendly logo).

Some Liz Earle fans on QVC facebook got very upset and kept insisting she does not animal test. Others pointed out but her profits go to a company which does.

Following the success of the Sheer Skin Tint which launched last year, Liz Earle has created a full colour collection which rolls out in June. The range has been four years in development, created for performance rather than as a natural collection; it includes innovative products such as shea butter in a loose face powder (£19.50), something that has never been done before.

Other featured products are: a new darker shade in the Sheer Skin Tint line (£21); Light Reflecting Concealer, which comes in four shades (£15.50); seven shades of blusher in cream or powder variants (£16.50); and 12 shades of Sheer Lip Gloss, priced at £13.50 each. The range will be extended this autumn with the introduction of eye shadows, further foundation shades and an accessories line.

Attachments

• liz earle.jpg
    liz earle.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 311
Avon is not owned by Estee Lauder.

Seems Estee Lauder, Mary Kay and Avon are moving into the Chinese market which demands all products must be tested on animals. Strange how stuff made in China but for the rest of the world is fine. So there is a call for a boycott by animal rights groups for these companies and all the brands they sell. So that includes Bobbi Brown MAC, Smashbox(it seems they have been stripped already of their animal friendly logo).

Some Liz Earle fans on QVC facebook got very upset and kept insisting she does not animal test. Others pointed out but her profits go to a company which does.

Sorry, yes they're not owned by Estee Lauder but they are included in the lawsuit regarding their animal testing status...

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...agan-Avenatti-LLP-Announces-100-Million-Fraud

T

I love my Liz Earle C&P and the Skin Tonic but I've had a few samples of the sheer skin tint and really didn't like it. It gave pretty good coverage but left my skin feeling tacky. I would hope the colours would be fairly natural bordering on neutral so it could be interesting for me. I might ask in store and see what they know.

Sorry, yes they're not owned by Estee Lauder but they are included in the lawsuit regarding their animal testing status...

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...agan-Avenatti-LLP-Announces-100-Million-Fraud

T

Yes it seems Avon have been forced to remove the statement on their website and brochures they do not animal test.

L'Oreal have and do it seems give large amounts of money each year to try to end animal testing. Yes they still continue to test themselves. Very weird.

Just had an email from LE
and the new collection is launching in a weeks time on the 8th May

We're so excited! There's just 7 days to go before we unveil our carefully edited new collection from Liz Earle Colour. Discover effortless, easy-to-wear make up must-haves that beautifully enhance your skin and deliver the same dependable results as our much-loved skincare.

Only by reading on this forum have I come to know that Liz Earle has "hooked up" with avon.

I've always been a little disappointed when I've bought from avon, not a patch on LG, YSL. Recently bought a concealer click pen similar to the YSL touche elcat in packaging etc, but the formula was not a patch on the YSL and just didnt deliver good results.

I hope Liz isn't just going to put her name on some of the avon products. She's very good at skincare, I hope she wont damage her reputation by producing mediocre makeup products - lets hope not, we shall see.

Does anybody remember Liz Earle bringing her jewellery range to QVC?
I remember liking the look of some earrings but they were tiny when they arrived & were quickly returned.

The range didn't last very long :wonder:

Just had a look at the colour products on the LE website, haven't been into JL for a look in the 'flesh' yet.The colours are what you would expect, muted, natural nearer Bobbi Brown I would think.There are some cheek colours, eye pencils & mascara ( no eyeshadows) bronzing powder,finishing powder,concealer & lip gloss & some brushes.
I have tried the face tint in the trial sachets but still prefer my Clinique moisture surge one.

The prices seem a bit steep to me - £19.50 for a bronzer and £13.50 for a lipgloss - definitely not 'Avon' prices are they?!!

Latest posts

Back