New make-up range.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if this is just the start and there will be more products to come,think I will wait to see them in JL.
Lynn

The prices seem a bit steep to me - £19.50 for a bronzer and £13.50 for a lipgloss - definitely not 'Avon' prices are they?!!

I thought the same Starlight. Even though I'm tempted to try lipgloss I'm going to wait until I've read blogs etc before buying. I'm envious of those of you who live close to retail outlet who can try on the make-up. I can only buy online.

I've had a quick look at the new LE make up range, lots of talc and not natural sounding ingredients although I'm no ingredient expert. No bismuth in the loose powder.

I agree with another poster that the prices seen quite on a par with Bobbi Brown etc it'll be interesting to see how it catches on. Before the AVon aquisition I would have expected more natural based ingredients lip gloss along the lines of superbalm etc so it must definitely e the Avon influence in relation to formulations.

Yes on facebook etc quite a few shocked at the prices. Think they expected the Avon price range, but Liz is pushing this as niche.

I do buy high end cosmetics and this just looks boring, Christopher Drummond so much better.

I love a natural look in cosmetics so might be tempted to try. Although I really don't need anything. Will go and try in store though. Might treat myself to a lipgloss. I'm a huge lip gloss fan. Never wear lippie, always lip gloss. Love peachy nude shades.

I thought it was a bit pricey too
Would like to try the the loose face powder as was hoping they would bring out a powder that I could
put on top of the sheer tint
Unfortunately the nearest JL store to me (100 miles away) is not going to be stocking it
and I am no where near a LE store so will just have to wait until I can get to a store to find
out which powder I need and see what its like
I am not desperate to try a lip gloss at 13.50

I am so disappointed :sad: !

There isn't a piece of Liz Earle make-up I can try because there is dimethicone :down: (which is a silicone) in every item, and lots of other bad ingredients too !

I don't think Liz Earle chose any formula herself. :sad:

Looks like Avon did everything and put her name on it. :down:

Yes on facebook etc quite a few shocked at the prices. Think they expected the Avon price range, but Liz is pushing this as niche.

I do buy high end cosmetics and this just looks boring, Christopher Drummond so much better.

Thanks Donna, you've made search forChristopher Drummond. Impressed but I really shouldn't buy more make-up!

I'm feeling the need for a trip to John Lewis in the Trafford Centre (Manchester) coming on.

Having just paid for a year's use of the motobilty scooters there, I'll have to go back!!! I'm in the market for new make up having just about run out of my bare minerals foundation, my Judith Williams serum and almost at the end of my day moisturizer too....Night moisturizer is solved Waitrose Baby bottom butter. Works a treat!!

I was lucky enough to pop in the shop yesterday and brought a couple of bits from the new range. I know loads of people will disagree with me, but what a complete waste of money. The mascara does nothing. I have put a couple of coats on but it looks like there is nothing on them. My £3 eye pencil is a hundred times better than the LE one. Won't be buying again. She should stick to what she does best - skincare. Also none of the range is made in England.

Yes,she said in her skin secrets book and other articles I've read that her fav mascara is definicils and fav foundation is EL.

What were the lip glosses like? It does seem expensive. The cream blush is £16.50 for 2ml!! I got 11ml of Bobbi Brown cream blush for about a pound more!

I have used LE skincare for over 10 years, but I won't be buying the cosmetics. The prices seem steep and i wonder if selling out to Avon was dependant on them bringing out a make up line. I agree that LE should stick to what they do best otherwise the brand could turn into 'jack of all trades, and master of none'.

Latest posts

Back