presenters you like/dislike

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
:hi:I've just been watching the morning show and found myself almost screaming at claire sutton to shut up and stop talking in that bloomin annoying baby voice. She is so patronising. I felt like i was watching play school.
it made me think which presenters i actually like/dislike and why. Here goes

Like Julian because he's down to earth and i think honest about the products
pippa-enthusiastic without being too pushy
Anthony - funny, informed and easy on the eye
Kathy T- honest about her size and her lack of ego is endearing
Debbie G- Pretty and homely for some reason i trust what she says
Sara G- classy and informative without being gushy

Dislike- Claire all the reasons mentioned above
Julia- too far up her own a**e. Yes you do look good for your age, but not that bloomin good
Chuntley- too patronisng and constant referal to all the 5 star reviews
drives me mad.
Anne Dawson- her voice does my head in, i have to switch her off
Dale - too smarmy(sorry Dale fans)
Jill- Too skinny , i find myself wanting to feed her
Allison K- bit to hyper for me

Who do you like/dislike???

really like Sarah G, her voice is lovely, and she's not all hyper like some of them. She can even make some of the fashion look elegant. I struggle to listen to Alison Young as it's like being back at school and getting constantly told off. I switch off when it's Ann Dawson, her voice is not for me. Claire makes me think of the Sugar Plum fairy for some reason. Jill Franks has me hitting the mute button or the off switch. I sometimes waste my time wondering if I could do their job, I doubt it somehow, my face would give me away when confronted by some of the stuff and I would soon run out of superlatives for what are just "stuff" when all is said and done.

:hi:I've just been watching the morning show and found myself almost screaming at claire sutton to shut up and stop talking in that bloomin annoying baby voice. She is so patronising. I felt like i was watching play school.
it made me think which presenters i actually like/dislike and why. Here goes

Like Julian because he's down to earth and i think honest about the products
pippa-enthusiastic without being too pushy
Anthony - funny, informed and easy on the eye
Kathy T- honest about her size and her lack of ego is endearing
Debbie G- Pretty and homely for some reason i trust what she says
Sara G- classy and informative without being gushy

Dislike- Claire all the reasons mentioned above
Julia- too far up her own a**e. Yes you do look good for your age, but not that bloomin good
Chuntley- too patronisng and constant referal to all the 5 star reviews
drives me mad.
Anne Dawson- her voice does my head in, i have to switch her off
Dale - too smarmy(sorry Dale fans)
Jill- Too skinny , i find myself wanting to feed her
Allison K- bit to hyper for me

Who do you like/dislike???

My picks are almost the same as yours. But I would swap Julian for Dale and probably stick Kathy in the 2nd group. I do like her, but don't think she's much good. Julia's OK though.

I don’t have a favourite QVC presenter, tbh none of them really tick all the boxes for me, but I think they’re all alright. But I suppose I probably have a preferential bias to Claire, as she was part of the G-Force team on the Gladiators.:muscle:

There’s only one presenter across all the shopping channels, that I dislike and that’s QVC’s CHuntley. I don’t buy the whole unassuming, ‘poor me’, damsal in distress, sympathy act. As Catherine is not the sort of person I would underestimate. As I think Catherine is very intelligent, shrewd, ambitious and resilient, she’d be a very good business woman.

Like:
Claudia, Pipa, Kathy, Dale, Alison Young (controversial!!);

Dislike:
Chuntley, Julia, Jill, Charlie, Debbie, Claire, Dawn Bibby.

All the others I can take or leave.

I don't really like any of them as such, they're all annoying tw*ts in their own special way! lol
Although I wouldn't invite her round for tea, I find JR the most professional as a presenter, very informative & she always seems to get the need-to-know stuff in on items, rather than just waffling on about random cr*p as most of them seem to!
If I had to pick a favourite as such, it would have to be Dale I guess, based purely on the fact that I have little or no desire to put my fist through the television when he appears on screen.......! :thinking2:

Having just got home from the Jewellery day at QVC, ( first timers on one of these things)...and Alison Keenan was doing the welcoming, now we think that sometimes she does suffer from the old verbal dia***h lol, but she was charming and very nice to talk to, and she looks far more attractive in real life than on TV. The models Cordelia and Sally?, were really chatty and welcoming too....

As for the presenters... not too keen on AY ( bet she wishes she had the silky smooth voice of Liz Earle!!), Claire Goo Goo Sutton, Jill Franks.

Like Sarah G, Dale, AK (now), Anthony (he was also at the day today), could go on for a bit.... anyway, did LE Lover get to go today too?.... we didnt hear of anyone on this forum going too....pity lol.

Having just got home from the Jewellery day at QVC, ( first timers on one of these things)...and Alison Keenan was doing the welcoming, now we think that sometimes she does suffer from the old verbal dia***h lol, but she was charming and very nice to talk to, and she looks far more attractive in real life than on TV. The models Cordelia and Sally?, were really chatty and welcoming too....

As for the presenters... not too keen on AY ( bet she wishes she had the silky smooth voice of Liz Earle!!), Claire Goo Goo Sutton, Jill Franks.

Like Sarah G, Dale, AK (now), Anthony (he was also at the day today), could go on for a bit.... anyway, did LE Lover get to go today too?.... we didnt hear of anyone on this forum going too....pity lol.

So pleased you enjoyed it. I would love to have seen Anthony :heart:
I really wanted to go but couldn't because i've done my back in and i can hardly move. I've spent the day in bed with the laptop keeping myself amused on here.

So pleased you enjoyed it. I would love to have seen Anthony :heart:
I really wanted to go but couldn't because i've done my back in and i can hardly move. I've spent the day in bed with the laptop keeping myself amused on here.

Poor you. Hope you didn't spend too much. Wishing you better soon. XX:flower::flower::flower:

Dislikes....

Pippa can do my head in - she has a habit of saying 'yeah yeah' when guest presenters are talking. So annoying...!
Jill Franks - waste of time and needs a good dinner.
Claire Sutton - agree with other comments, why does she talk so babyish?

I like...

Julian - down to earth and comes across as being honest
Claudia - funny and always looks glam
Kathy - has grown on me over the years, no ego and honest with who she is
JR - I just like her!

For me its not like/dislike but more whose presenting styles I prefer or not.

Julia and Anthony are top of my list - very different styles but very professional and informative. I tend to watch most of their shows even if I'm not interested in buying the products.

Bottom of my list - Craig and Simon Biagi. Both seem very insincere to me and Craig is too excitable/hyper. I avoid all their shows.

The rest - I can take or leave them, and I only watch their shows if I am interested in the products.

Linda :hi:

Well top of my dislikes list is smarmy Charlie... or is it Pipa... or maybe Alison Young. Those three would be first against the wall come my revolution. Wait, I forgot Claire Sutton - she does my heid in, she's so insincere.
I like Catherine Huntly and Claudia (she's lovely) and Dale.
I have no problem with Kathy or Simon or Craig or Jill Franks.

Claire sutton does my head in with her 'I,m a ditzy little girly' act. If QVC sold a machine to punch people through the telly I would buy it in a heartbeat. Add to the list of people I would like to punch through the telly
Jill franks and alison young for all the rubbish she tells people as if its gospel truth.

I really like Cathy Taylor. at first she seemed scattered and not as confident as the others. but she has grown on me. She doesn't take herself to seriously or is overly gushy about the products.

Julians ok.

Charly is a bit too smarmy for me, and dale just talks a load of cobblers.

Sack:
young - hideous
ballantyne - egomaniac
rowe - accent
huntley - fake
sylvester - snob
brook - boring
biagi - self important
sutton - pathetic
franklin - boring

Payrise:
Roberts - perfect
Keenan - professional
Tayler - real
Griffiths - proficient
Franks - funny
Heywood - knowledgeable

The Rest
buck your ideas up or you'll be in the "sack" list

Dislike:
Julia Roberts
Alison Young
Craig
Alison K
Catherine
Julian
Charlie
Jill Franks
Pipa
Claire
Glen

Like :
Jilly Halliday
Anthony
Dale
Sara
Cathy

I like the following presenters:

Jilly Halliday
Debbie Greenwood
Julia Roberts
Catherine Huntley
Anthony Heywood
Julian B - only on craft shows
Craig Rowe
Sara G
Jill Franks

I do not like on the following presenters:

Anne Dawson - carp
Charlie Brook - smug
Claire Sutton - too babyish
Alison Keenan - manic
Simon Biagi - IMO thinks he's better than QVC
Alison Young - manic
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kathy Talyor is a very nice person, but awful as a presenter.
Pipa Gordon is rude saying Yes, Yeah, Yeah etc

Well, my faves are Catherine, Sara, Pipa, tottylicious Anthony and Dale. I can't really say that I hate or dislike any of them really, certainly some of 'em have attributes that get right on my wick, but it still doesn't make me dislike them...:)

Latest posts

Back