Prices Candles TSV 25/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone else order these on advanced order? I could've swore that they said that you'd receive them around about November 11th, so I'm beginning to wonder whether these are actually going to turn up. My account still says awaiting stock. I know with waitlist items, they don't guarantee they'll get the stock back in and the order will clear within 30 days if it doesn't, but I thought advanced order meant it was guaranteed. Hope I do get them soon as I'm literally down to my last candle, and I don't really want to go out and buy more until I'm sure they're not coming.

Did anyone else order these on advanced order? I could've swore that they said that you'd receive them around about November 11th, so I'm beginning to wonder whether these are actually going to turn up. My account still says awaiting stock. I know with waitlist items, they don't guarantee they'll get the stock back in and the order will clear within 30 days if it doesn't, but I thought advanced order meant it was guaranteed. Hope I do get them soon as I'm literally down to my last candle, and I don't really want to go out and buy more until I'm sure they're not coming.
Further up the thread it states:
Keep it coming - choose our Auto Delivery option and you'll receive another two additional shipments of this ten-piece jar candle collection every 120 days, in brand-new spring and summer-themed scents, all for today's same brilliant price.

Lit my first candle this evening. And it smells lovely. Much nicer than YC… it’s a subtle fragrance, but I’m sitting a fair distance from the candle and can still smell it. Very glad I got this.

Keep it coming - choose our Auto Delivery option and you'll receive another two additional shipments of this ten-piece jar candle collection every 120 days, in brand-new spring and summer-themed scents, all for today's same brilliant price.
It says 28th November

Merryone was asking about Advanced Order not Auto Delivery

I think I’m going to have to contact c/s as my account is telling me “awaiting stock” but they’re selling them on the website at full price so they clearly have them. If I’m told that the stock to fulfil the advanced orders is “different stock” and I’ll still have to wait until Lord knows when, I think I’ll cancel. Cutting my nose of to spite my face, perhaps but they should be honouring outstanding orders first. If they cannot guarantee I’ll receive them sometime next week, I’ll buy a couple of candles elsewhere and save myself a bit of money- shame but no biggie!

I' ve just noticed that the candles are actually on advanced order now and like Llloyd said due out on nov 28th, so maybe that's when mine will turn up, I'm ok with that if I know they're definitely gonna arrive, but I hope they don't try and charge me full price for them!

I' ve just noticed that the candles are actually on advanced order now and like Llloyd said due out on nov 28th, so maybe that's when mine will turn up, I'm ok with that if I know they're definitely gonna arrive, but I hope they don't try and charge me full price for them!
If you ordered on tsv day you'll get the lower price :))

At last my candles have arrived, I've had a quick sniff of them all unlit and I approve. I'm burning one tonight the spiced vanilla and nutmeg and it smells gorgeous and has a good throw. It's burning nice and straight with no tunnelling so I'm very happy with them, and what an absolute bargain! Nice one QVC (for a change!)

They are ok for the price but they dont have the depth of fragrance that I like. Also why use a tea light instead of a wick? Burning an orange one its a very soft fragrance but quite pleasant. Worth a couple of pounds each tbh.

They are ok for the price but they dont have the depth of fragrance that I like. Also why use a tea light instead of a wick? Burning an orange one its a very soft fragrance but quite pleasant. Worth a couple of pounds each tbh.
Tbh I'm pretty impressed by the depth of fragrance, ok I'm still burning candle no. 1 but seriously I could still smell it the next room even after I'd blown it out! What do you mean by the highlighted bit? I'm confused!

Tbh I'm pretty impressed by the depth of fragrance, ok I'm still burning candle no. 1 but seriously I could still smell it the next room even after I'd blown it out! What do you mean by the highlighted bit? I'm confused!
When the wax becomes liquid the wick is actually a tea light thats put into the wax. Thats just plan odd.They do smell I am burning the orange candle. its apparent there is a scent. Like I said for the few pounds and boxed they are ok.Cant believe how scented the packaging box smelled. Like it was sprayed with the candles perfume.

At last my candles have arrived, I've had a quick sniff of them all unlit and I approve. I'm burning one tonight the spiced vanilla and nutmeg and it smells gorgeous and has a good throw. It's burning nice and straight with no tunnelling so I'm very happy with them, and what an absolute bargain! Nice one QVC (for a change!)
I thought I'd do another update and so far the first one I used (highlighted) has been the best so far by a long way. The frosted cranberry was far too sweet and sickly for my liking. The next one which I just finished (by the fireside) was ok but didn't have such a good throw, but was pretty non descript. Then I tried the warm mandarin and ginger - Literally disgusting, it smells like floor polish and I've actually chucked it. I'm now giving the black orchid/musk combination, so far I can't really smell much but it's only been lit for about an hour, hopefully it'll pick up and smell pleasant. So despite the cheap price I am a little disappointed. If I could buy a job lot of the spiced vanilla/nutmeg I would. Hopefully I'll find another one in the collection that I like as much. Just so long I don't find that there's another one so disgusting I've got to bin it! Unfortunately this shaping up to become a bit of false economy. As we speak, the musk has started to break through, I don't know about the orchid as it's not really a smell I'm familiar with. I'm sorry to say but it's giving off "stale aftershave vibes" - oh dear. I don't think I'll be reinvesting any time soon!

At first I was a bit disappointed that I didn't go for the TSV at the time but now I'm glad I didn't. Prices candles always LOOK gorgeous but they don't live up to the packaging IMO. I know that lots of folk love them though.

CC

They are thin in that they dont have the depth or throw that an average scented candle has. They have some scent but nothing glorious: but then you get what you pay for. Glorious candles cost glorious money.They smell like a £1.50 candle which is what they are

At first I was a bit disappointed that I didn't go for the TSV at the time but now I'm glad I didn't. Prices candles always LOOK gorgeous but they don't live up to the packaging IMO. I know that lots of folk love them though.

CC
I completely agree. I never got on with their TSV offerings although the YC style coloured wax jars may be different. But I always found there was no throw at all.

I just wanted to add a comment re the latest YC collection, Art in the Park. They seem to have switched to soy wax and chucked the original style altogether (although there had been a suggestion they would produce both). Now the large soy jar candle is just shy of £30 which is astronomical for me as I burn candles every night. But the burn time is 60-90 hours!!!!! I cannot believe this because their medium candles used to have this burn time. It annoys me when you see what looks like a lovely candle brand but when you look at the item details they have such a pathetic burn time (and there are many offenders who do this), especially a range of 30 hours where you might just get the 60. At least the YC old jars gave you over 100 hours. Bah humbug, 😂

I have been burning the Slatkin candles and on the whole they do have an excellent throw and not bad burn times. Now the sad thing is the yankees dont smell as strong in comparison. Oh well!

Latest posts

Back