QVC beauty money saving dupes.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A bowl of porridge would probably be safer.
Thoughts of porridge make me feel sick. I am going to look at Beneco products.

Hope you're on the mend. Doctors love to prescribe statins but there can be bad side effects. When my late mum was offered them the doctor couldn't understand why she had concerns, despite all the negative reports. He wasn't a particularly arrogant doctor, but seemed surprised that she wouldn't just do what he said. Mind you, she accepted them in the end.
Thank you Muttley feel so much better now.
The GP who prescribed statins told me that anyone on a score of over 10 on the scale of 20 they use needs to be on statins and the Government was considering lower it to 5 and over.
Now my BP is 128/60 and apart from one hiccup has been that constantly for years. My parents didn't have high BP and dad had a heart attack at 60 and died at 95,so no idea what criteria they work on

Apparently they're incentivised to prescribe them. It was the same with prozac back in the day, which was promoted as the "sunshine drug". If someone was feeling down or getting over a break-up/bereavemet etc. they'd prescribe them and loads of people became hooked. I read an article recently about people who have been very slowly reducing the dose for years in the hope to eventually get off them. One of them was GP himself.
As I understand it, it’s a bit more complicated than that - it’s more that NHS did/does pay GP’s to test certain biomarkers - with the goal of preventing disease rather than treating it - and then they prescribe B/P meds or statins if results at certain levels…

But that has certainly resulted in truly massive increase in prescription of statins…

I was prescribed Prozac years ago - which of course was a brand name drug not a generic one and was massively incentivised by the manufacturer esp in the US - for a legitimate reason, but too young by GP.

I ended up on quite a high dose and had a huge withdrawal reaction when I tried to come off it.

It, like other SSRI anti-depressants, needs to be tapered really slowly to come off them especially if you’ve been on them did a long time.

I'm just p***ed off they have stopped doing online deliveries. No Aldi near us ever has anything in and to be honest we don't have one near, plenty of Lidls though.
Went to Lidl yesterday and it was heaving decided that's it until after Christmas. We've got a Sainsbury order for the week before Christmas and have just got one for next week.
I've got to go into our town on Friday as I have to pick up my new reading glasses. Managed to get a face to face GP appointment last Thursday after over 30 years I started having migraines again. Got an emergency appointment with an optician who said there was nothing wrong with my eyes. GP has taken me off statins as migraines started intermittently after I started taking them and have progressively worsened to daily ones. I've not had a problem for three days so🤞🤞it was the statins. GP is ringing me on 21st of this month to see how I'm getting on.
Sorry about your migraines - I feel your pain they’re horrid- but glad they’ve eased up and you did well to get a GP appointment esp face to face!

And good to check your eyes too.

My mum gets v different migraines to me - very much visual with almost no “headache” element.

After the talk of statins on here and me commenting, I got a notification for a piece about them in the dread Daily Fail..!

But it’s a question by a reader to a doctor, and thought the reply was quite interesting/ maybe useful…

Goes into more detail and she’s not particularly pushing Statins in you read it in full, but did say this:

“When we suggest statins, which lower the risk of heart attack and stroke, we look at a lot of factors – not just cholesterol levels – such as blood pressure, smoking, age, postcode (our environment has an influence on our health) and family history.
In fact, there are more than 20 criteria which make up a heart attack risk score. Guidelines recommend statins if your risk score is higher than ten per cent over the next ten years, though patients can request them even if they have a lower score.”

After the talk of statins on here and me commenting, I got a notification for a piece about them in the dread Daily Fail..!

But it’s a question by a reader to a doctor, and thought the reply was quite interesting/ maybe useful…

Goes into more detail and she’s not particularly pushing Statins in you read it in full, but did say this:

“When we suggest statins, which lower the risk of heart attack and stroke, we look at a lot of factors – not just cholesterol levels – such as blood pressure, smoking, age, postcode (our environment has an influence on our health) and family history.
In fact, there are more than 20 criteria which make up a heart attack risk score. Guidelines recommend statins if your risk score is higher than ten per cent over the next ten years, though patients can request them even if they have a lower score.”

I bet the customer can request them. Cholesterol is vital for practically your whole body to function specially the brain that is made up of nearly 70% cholesterol. Its not bad for you at all if a healthy body is making it and storing it. Sad times!

I bet the customer can request them. Cholesterol is vital for practically your whole body to function specially the brain that is made up of nearly 70% cholesterol. Its not bad for you at all if a healthy body is making it and storing it. Sad times!
Keeps the drs in business treating all the problems statins cause. If people did the research no one would take the poison pills which do not prevent strokes.

Thank you Muttley feel so much better now.
The GP who prescribed statins told me that anyone on a score of over 10 on the scale of 20 they use needs to be on statins and the Government was considering lower it to 5 and over.
Now my BP is 128/60 and apart from one hiccup has been that constantly for years. My parents didn't have high BP and dad had a heart attack at 60 and died at 95,so no idea what criteria they work on
Nothing wrong with that BP.
I think there’s a big issue of over prescribing drugs .
I think GP’s are definitely incentivised to dish out pills.
I used to work in the NHS as a nurse and left because I became completely disillusioned with the place.

All I know is she brought up a graph with a score of 19 out of 20.

I'm so glad I've seen all this. I was prescribed statins some months ago but couldn't bring myself to take them after seeing side effects of body aches, which I have in abundance already with fibromyalgia, and stupidly the thought of not eating or drinking grapefruit put me off more. I think I'm glad now I didn't start them.

I'm so glad I've seen all this. I was prescribed statins some months ago but couldn't bring myself to take them after seeing side effects of body aches, which I have in abundance already with fibromyalgia, and stupidly the thought of not eating or drinking grapefruit put me off more. I think I'm glad now I didn't start them.
Let me just say that of you are ever concerned the dreaded internet can be of use. Use it to search out information some will be good some not so but most of us will get the information we need to make an informed choice.

Statins are well known for causing problems. Poison pills. Definitely bad for you
Get them to do an MRI...my ex boss was told wasn't he lucky for not having migraines for 18 yrs when they started again after 34...after he fell downstairs found he had a brain tumour!! Another few months and would have been inoperable. Not trying to scare monger, but better safe than sorry. Also check with dentist if you are clamping or grinding teeth in your sleep. Pain from that can be consistent with migraine.

Let me just say that of you are ever concerned the dreaded internet can be of use. Use it to search out information some will be good some not so but most of us will get the information we need to make an informed choice.
I did Boffy and that was mainly the reason I didn't take them. But seeing people's actual experience of them on unrelated sites is, I think, often more valuable as it tends to be more in the real world and not people who may have an agenda.

Get them to do an MRI...my ex boss was told wasn't he lucky for not having migraines for 18 yrs when they started again after 34...after he fell downstairs found he had a brain tumour!! Another few months and would have been inoperable. Not trying to scare monger, but better safe than sorry. Also check with dentist if you are clamping or grinding teeth in your sleep. Pain from that can be consistent with migraine.
Migraine free 10 days now. I do have TMJ due to partial hypodontia and I do clench my teeth but I think it was the statins.
I would be ok with a CT scan but due to claustrophobia couldn't do an MRI. Hubby used to work underground and did rock climbing and potholing and he had a problem with an MRI scan.
Got a telephone appointment with the GP next week and to be honest I feel better now than I have in the last 8 or 9 weeks.

Migraine free 10 days now. I do have TMJ due to partial hypodontia and I do clench my teeth but I think it was the statins.
I would be ok with a CT scan but due to claustrophobia couldn't do an MRI. Hubby used to work underground and did rock climbing and potholing and he had a problem with an MRI scan.
Got a telephone appointment with the GP next week and to be honest I feel better now than I have in the last 8 or 9 weeks.
Do let us know how it goes for you.....Wonder how the quack will explain that one.?

Do let us know how it goes for you.....Wonder how the quack will explain that one.?
Will do👍👍. I think it was mainly due to stress,a neighbour died ,another one is moving and lately everything seems to stress me out.
GP did ask me if my diet had changed,no, and if I was stressed. I told him no more than usual.
He was thinking it might be glaucoma but the eye test ruled that out

Just popped to my local Aldi for veg and last minute bits, and they had the L’Occitanne dupes in stock…. Loads of all three items, the shower oil, body scrub and the body cream. I got another body cream.
Worth looking if anyone is heading out to Aldi later today or tomorrow..

Just popped to my local Aldi for veg and last minute bits, and they had the L’Occitanne dupes in stock…. Loads of all three items, the shower oil, body scrub and the body cream. I got another body cream.
Worth looking if anyone is heading out to Aldi later today or tomorrow..
Lucky you ! A plague of locusts had been through our Aldi by the time I got there earlier. Not a single mince pie or poinsettia to be seen and certainly no L’Occy Looky-Likey. 😢

Aren't they just. They must be on commission.

It's been quite a few years since I last worked in the NHS but I'm reliably informed that our surgery will regularly have half days where the staff will be treated to a splendid buffet provided by drug reps under the guise of "training" on new drugs.

I'm also told that GPs (and it certainly applied to our consultants) still get weekends away or the odd holiday paid for by drug companies promoting a new drug.

The next time you have an appointment look for the telltale promo items such as pads and pens.

Nothing wrong with that BP.
I think there’s a big issue of over prescribing drugs .
I think GP’s are definitely incentivised to dish out pills.
I used to work in the NHS as a nurse and left because I became completely disillusioned with the place.

I was boiling with fury a few weeks ago.

One of my prescriptions didn't turn up. I rang the chemist, but it didn't come from the GP. I rang the GP and was told that I wouldn't be given any until I had a review.

Yes, it's one of those drugs that you cannot simply stop overnight. You have to be tapered slowly over months. I was furious because I'd been to the GP a few days earlier and she hadn't mentioned a review was due. I managed to get a phone appointment a few days later AFTER my chemist intervened and my prescription was issued.

Then, a few weeks ago another item didn't turn up. This time when I rang I was told it was because I hadn't had my annual BP check. Odd because EVERY TIME I attend I ask them to check my BP. When the receptionist checked, there it was a few weeks earlier all in good order.

It gets worse!! The GP who'd failed to tell me I was due a review saw both Mr. AE and myself at the same appointment. She spent quite a while going over stuff with Mr. AE but then rushed me despite the receptionist telling us we were both booked for a double as hardly anyone had rung (Friday near Christmas). She asked Mr. AE if he wanted a cholesterol check and then saw he'd had one done in August and it was good. He said he ate well and exercised (scored points as she'd turned up in exercise gear). I asked if I could have mine done. You will NEVER believe what she told me...

Go on, guess...

"Yours must be good because your partner's is." I honestly thought I'd dreamt it and had to ask Mr. AE if I'd heard correctly.

Weirdly, my brother dropped a letter off a few days later stating that all family members should be checked quarterly for cholesterol as they've found he has a gene that gives him very high cholesterol and is now off statins and having a jab to see if it can control it. I'll make an appointment next week after I've drummed up the fortitude to go through the crap of getting one.

What is it with me and medical professionals? I get told by a female doctor that women only want HRT to make themselves appear more attractive to young men. younger bloke? Then this doctor told me menopause only lasts 4 years at most and I didn't need HRT as I was already 2 years in. 5 years later and after several stop/starts due to HRT shortages I'm still having symptoms. Next I got a physio who told me to start running. I use electrical stimulation and crutches to walk! I'm starting to dread seeing medical professionals who take their own fitness seriously enough to consider it a cure-all for everyone else's ailments.

I could bore you all for hours with tales of cock-up after cock-up but I've run out of energy plus I get depressed as it's not really funny when you come down to it.

Latest posts

Back