QVC have underestimated stock levels again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Florence's Friend

Registered Shopper
:devil: I have just checked the status of my order for my Laura Geller TSV and QVC have put it on WAITLIST. I am hopping mad as it was in stock when I ordered it - going to cancel the order as I cannot cope with this happening to me yet again. What are they doing - looks like they are just making sure that all the stock gets sold and then for some of us "unlucky" few we are shoved into the back of the queue - not good enough QVC!!!

I remember they use to say QVC were no allowed to sell more stock than they had in the warehouse. But they in the last few years have been doing it more and more.

Does anyone know if this is illegal unless they announce on air its advance orders?

well i thought it very strange that they kept on selling all 3 variations when the last words from debbie flint during the early evening show was that everything had sold out (pale and reg. had sold out virtually at the start of that show and the tan had sold out by the end). i was hoping for a great new OTO but just had the ones from earlier in the day

just had a quick look and they are still showing the regular as in stock

Last edited:
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a Bobbi Brown item. It was showing as in stock on the computer and let me place my order and I even got a confirmation. A couple of days later I saw it had changed to waitlist on my order status. Then about a week later I got a letter from them saying they had no stock so were cancelling my order!!!!!!

Surely they should not be taking orders when they have no stock???

:devil: I have just checked the status of my order for my Laura Geller TSV and QVC have put it on WAITLIST. I am hopping mad as it was in stock when I ordered it - going to cancel the order as I cannot cope with this happening to me yet again. What are they doing - looks like they are just making sure that all the stock gets sold and then for some of us "unlucky" few we are shoved into the back of the queue - not good enough QVC!!!

That is really bad form in my opinion. I'm so sorry FF. :sad:

We're hearing about this more and more aren't we? I think they've changed their estimate about how many people will dump it out of their baskets, and how many waitlist orders will not result in a sale.

(Or the economic climate has changed and the old margins calculation doesn't work any more.)

I had this with that big Smashbox palette. I put it on cheque hold to give myself a little longer to make the decision and didn't get the waitlist notification until after I had paid with my card.

I am also a bit concerned (after reading some previous posts) that they wait and see if other customers return unwanted sets and then send them to those on waitlist:sweat:

If the regular is instock you could ring CS and ask them to alter your order to the regular (assuming you can make use of the B&B in that shade). There's still time for cheque purchases to be cancelled and an odd one in other shades may appear in stock, however these aren't re-allocated to waitist orders automatically but a CS rep can do this for you if you see your shade back instock. Waitlist orders are allocated when an item is restocked allegedly.

But I agree it's very annoying and is happening more frequently. They should refund your p&p for messing you about (if they manage to send you a TSV when it's restocked).

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back