Ruth Langsford

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think her style is very well suited to QVC. She wears fitted dresses a lot and IMHO they are very flattering for her.

When I get the chance, I like watching her on Loose Women and This Morning so am looking forward to the shows.

:mysmilie_11: Nooooooo, I really like her hair, so shiny and just a lovely length for her face.

Yes, it is shiny and looks in great condition, she'll probably be putting that down to Elasticizer on her next visit when the presenter prompts "ooooh your hair is lovely Ruth, what do you use?" "Oh it's er?......alorsti......elasti.....alosti.....Philip Kingsley" :mysmilie_17:

fashion edit ?

Is anyone really into buying the farce that is Ruth Langsford's Fashion Edit ? its pathetic, just a rehash of brands by a well paid and-already-on-the tele presenter. What is she getting paid for ? nothing that any one of us could do - holding up stuff on a hanger, and the faux enthusiasm has made me switch off.

I like Ruth generally on TV, she is relaxed & appears natural.Saw a clip of her on Q last night & thought what a contrast she is to the OTT manic presenters that we have on QVC, much more professional.(just got Chloe on at the moment--say no more!)

I think management at Q have got nowhere else to go with fashion, so they've started drafting in D listers to offload it. They've done the Spotlight on fashion / clearance / morning fashion / fashion on Friday / Julias picks / the Tebbits woman / fashion day-weekend / Spring etc fashion / .

They've got Lulu flogging her face cream, ex weather girl and lingerie queen for Diamoneek, and as the American 'designer's have all but packed up coming over to present their own creations, there's only the cheapo celebs to start ummmming and aaaaaring over the dress it up dress it down/flows beautifully/ etc to wax lyrically over the god awful prints and waterfall cardis !

Ruth Langsford

I switched over last night for a few mins, When I saw them I thought the mother and daughter models were having a dress rehearsal for a pantomime... they looked rather silly. The presenter, guest and models were all talking over each other. I really don't see the point of the RL show...

I don't mind Ruth generally but caught some of the show last night and failed to see the point of her really!
Also, the model that Ruth works with and previously asked her to be on with her was dressed in too many layers and it was very unflattering! Ok, it was awful looking! They need to re-invent their fashions asap! :mysmilie_5:

Speaking of unflattering, I feel so sorry for Natasha, the plus size (well she's meant to be 16/18, hardly plus size these days) model, when she is made to prance in front of the camera in clothes that neither fit her or suit her. Tops sit on her bum at the back when she turns around, and trousers rarely fit properly on her - while the barmy guests say how lovely she looks - yeah like hell. Comments like that don't do her or any of the larger ladies watching any favours. I sure as hell wouldn't want to look like that and I certainly wouldn't step outside the house like it either !

Agree with you Brissles and I've noticed this too! Very unflattering some things on these poor models! Do management or the stylists not see this? Surely it doesn't help their Sales?

I think they style Ruth's style edit better than some of the so-called fashion shows. They had some truly terrible combinations on the models on the Kim & Co hour which was sometime after the Ruth show last night. If they can't make the clothes look good on Cordelia, Ali and Brisella (sp) there is no hope whatsoever. By comparison, at least Lisara, Catherine and Jane were in colour combinations which suited them, and (apart from the inevitable sausage-like legs) the clothes appeared to fit the ladies.

The person who looked the absolute worst on the Ruth show was Jackie Kabler. Apart from the hair, which has taken on a life of its own, she clearly is not an "athleisure" natural... and the pleather leggings were too short... she looked uncomfortable (but clearly not bothered about The Hair, as it shall henceforth be known).

I think it's a shame that more of the QVC presenters don't have a more friendly relaxed approach to their roles. It would be pleasanter spending time in their company. Ruth is a pleasure to watch, even though I wouldn't buy the clothes - too many of the choices are either overpriced or polyester or both.

Yeah, I suppose Q wanted to try and get the 'loose women'/'This morning' crowd in to try and advertise their wares a bit more. I mean lets face it Ruth is just going to be a 'mere pawn' in the chess game that is QVC, I mean in all honesty how much input is she really going to have with regards to the choice of clothes that she is going to be able to choose, I mean on the promotion video for the show she does state 'with the help of the QVC stylist' I read this to be (call me cynical), that the stylist would have a remit of the clothes that they want to 'flog' and which vendors had paid them enough in order to promote their clothes on to a middle age woman. I could of course be completely wrong and the cynic in me is working overtime (I think however there may be some slight truth in what I am saying).
As for the collaboration with Jackie may be Ruth stipulated that she wanted Jackie as she is the most recent 'breakfast telly' presenter and the one presenter that could possibly go back to the 'real world of television'!

I had to Google to find out who she was too. Are they working their way through Loose Women, having already had Andrea McLean doing jewellery? They should invite straight talking Janet Street Porter, that would be a hoot!

there is no way janet street porter would lie about the qvc goods....hence why she will never be invited

Now Janet Street Porter with some of the Presenters would be Hilarious! Could name a few she would eat for breakfast :mysmilie_15:

I like Ruth, and - from what I've seen - the bits they've had on her shows have at least been a bit more wearable. Less of the clown garb with the lairy patterns that I consider synonymous with QVC. She clearly didn't feel comfortable in that grey cardigan (which I thought looked really nice on her), as she kept tugging it closed in that self conscious way I do when I'm wanting to cover my stomach! What annoys me is that, from the very first show, it became apparent that either, a) Ruth isn't a QVC customer, or b) She is a QVC customer, but has decided to play dumb about all their "USP's", 30 day mbg, advanced orders etc, so that she can feign amazement when the presenter clues her in. It actually just makes it look like she's lying in the ad where she says she loves shopping with them. I remain to be convinced she'd be seen dead in any of their wares, and don't really understand why she felt the need to take this gig.

Agree with MML that Jackie looked ridiculous. Jane, to me, always has the look of someone who's been thrown in the deep end as an eleventh hour replacement.

JSP's a keen gardener and grows her own veg - would love to see her make mincemeat out of Richard Jackson! :flower:

I would like to see Ruth as a Presenter with her laid back approach! She could fill the boots of any of them but don't see her ever taking up that Gig!!?? :mysmilie_14:

I would like to see Ruth as a Presenter with her laid back approach! She could fill the boots of any of them but don't see her ever taking up that Gig!!?? :mysmilie_14:

I would imagine the salaries would be a mile apart so it might be a fair bit yet before she has passed her sell by date.

I have become slightly obsessed with RL voice. I am convinced I hear her on most of the voice over adverts at on TV at the moment, everything from plumbing bathroom supplies to one of the Echo voices.

Mr L is looking at me strangely every time I ask him if he agrees!

Latest posts

Back