Sara Griffiths

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Personally I think there is a bit of a power struggle going on with female QVC presenters, and I thing SG wants to be top dog, she's no lassie.

I don't watch the B&W shows so didn't see the offending head band, I don't know about power struggle ... but imo I would say anyone that had to work with the smarmy SW drew the short straw...lol

[mum writes]

I have some B&W earrings from years ago, and a pair I got for free when QVC did the Ideal Home Show. Both pairs are drops with various coloured stones and MOP. They are lovely, go with everything and are excellent quality. More recent things I've bought are flimsy in comparison and I have found that stones have fallen out of them after just a few outings - one ring is almost 'bald'. I wouldn't trust his offerings now, not that I like the look of anything he makes for QVC these days. My son bought me the dancing couple a few years ago and it is gorgeous, but I wonder if it is still made to the same quality now. I find his current range are over sized, over priced and gaudy.

He was telling SG that he's on with Julia today and was behaving like the cat that got the cream. Also, just an observation, but I noticed his face seems very smooth and tight - does he use botox? Want to mention too, despite not liking his designs, I do actually like Simon himself - can't help admire the hard work he puts in.

Personally I think there is a bit of a power struggle going on with female QVC presenters, and I thing SG wants to be top dog, she's no lassie.

Do you include all of them in this? I think some of them couldn't give two hoots, like Jilly, Anne D in particular. Possibly some of the others do but there again some are MUCH better than others, lol!? :mysmilie_14:

Do you include all of them in this? I think some of them couldn't give two hoots, like Jilly, Anne D in particular. Possibly some of the others do but there again some are MUCH better than others, lol!? :mysmilie_14:
Oh! I agree, I like Ann, jilly and JR, all are quite professional. What I do think is that the others are watching over their shoulder for the p45 envelope and are all trying to out do each other in trying (and failing) to be knowledgeable about every product they sell. Next time the aggressive SG is on and if I am watching I intend to send het a tweet telling her to shut up and let the expert speak, I just want to see her expression :mysmilie_17:

Oh! I agree, I like Ann, jilly and JR, all are quite professional. What I do think is that the others are watching over their shoulder for the p45 envelope and are all trying to out do each other in trying (and failing) to be knowledgeable about every product they sell. Next time the aggressive SG is on and if I am watching I intend to send het a tweet telling her to shut up and let the expert speak, I just want to see her expression :mysmilie_17:

Really?? You obviously didn't see this morning's style show with Kathy! It was a shambles. At one stage there was no talking as they desperately tried to work out the colours. She actually said we should have done this before the show. YES I shouted at the TV!!!!!

Really?? You obviously didn't see this morning's style show with Kathy! It was a shambles. At one stage there was no talking as they desperately tried to work out the colours. She actually said we should have done this before the show. YES I shouted at the TV!!!!!
No, I dislike Kathy and not sure she will be there much longer. Another one that thinks they know it all.

That looks like she's licked a load of lollipops and stuck them to her head.

Is she trying to do a "Princess Di", and failing miserably? Being the sad bint that I am, I remember the hoo-hah in the press back in the 80s when Di took a fabulously expensive jewelled necklace and wore it as a headband:

Story in tomorrow's Diana Express:

<b>Mohammed (you can call me Al) Fayed blasts shameless QVC presenter for insulting the memory of Diana.</b>

Someone did and she read it out making it obvious that she knew sooo much better than anyone else and had no intention in changing because it was everyone else was singing from the wrong hymn sheet.

Does anyone on here actually like her?

Someone did and she read it out making it obvious that she knew sooo much better than anyone else and had no intention in changing because it was everyone else was singing from the wrong hymn sheet.

Does anyone on here actually like her?

I think there are those who don't mind her and those who won't watch her. I fall into the latter camp.

There are no other QVC presenters that I absolutely can't watch.... even bellowing Simon ANNNND!!! Biagi (though he does run her a close second).

I do watch Debbie (usually on mute) just to see her latest fashion disasters).

My league table for female presenters is biased towards non-tweeters... so for me Anne Dawson is now #1 - she's well groomed, representative of the customer, lets guests speak - practically perfect! Jilly is catching the tweeting disease. Julia Roberts is turning into a hybrid Debbie Flint-Jill Franks and therefore is plunging down the league table for me. Flicking hair and flirting with camera and presenters; endless shameless plugs of her books; pointy finger; "humourous" sarky comments aimed at guest and/or studio team; pointing finger; inappropriate (and downright ugly a lot of the time) footwear... plus her own special trait - "I'm a size small" (yes, in your dreams Jules...)... Kathy has shocked me recently. I've seen her a few times being downright rude to the studio team, models and even guest. I used to quite like her.

The problem now is "be careful what you wish for"... as we will probably get landed with more strident harpies instead of more professional and measured presenters. Although the QVC strategy seems to be to turn as many of the existing presenters into harpies.

I think there are those who don't mind her and those who won't watch her. I fall into the latter camp.

There are no other QVC presenters that I absolutely can't watch.... even bellowing Simon ANNNND!!! Biagi (though he does run her a close second).

I do watch Debbie (usually on mute) just to see her latest fashion disasters).

My league table for female presenters is biased towards non-tweeters... so for me Anne Dawson is now #1 - she's well groomed, representative of the customer, lets guests speak - practically perfect! Jilly is catching the tweeting disease. Julia Roberts is turning into a hybrid Debbie Flint-Jill Franks and therefore is plunging down the league table for me. Flicking hair and flirting with camera and presenters; endless shameless plugs of her books; pointy finger; "humourous" sarky comments aimed at guest and/or studio team; pointing finger; inappropriate (and downright ugly a lot of the time) footwear... plus her own special trait - "I'm a size small" (yes, in your dreams Jules...)... Kathy has shocked me recently. I've seen her a few times being downright rude to the studio team, models and even guest. I used to quite like her.

The problem now is "be careful what you wish for"... as we will probably get landed with more strident harpies instead of more professional and measured presenters. Although the QVC strategy seems to be to turn as many of the existing presenters into harpies.
sorry, I think I need new specs, thought you said herpies...:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back