Wheel of Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear! That's so strange! Well, at least Amazon has a much better refunds and returns policy, in my personal experience..... If both had the same product, I know which I would choose! Was it sold and dispatched by Amazon or sold by an independent seller?

It was an independent seller which my husband is always telling me to avoid! It was a couple of pounds more expensive on Amazon too, but I really do love it. I've never had a problem returning to Amazon though and the refunds are really quick! I've got a bracelet to go back to Gemporia again. I really liked the multicolour spinel bead bracelet, but thought it was massively overpriced at £49.99. They are now selling the same thing at £29.99, which is still overpriced, but I liked the colours. It came yesterday and the stones are so tiny and really dull.

It was an independent seller which my husband is always telling me to avoid! It was a couple of pounds more expensive on Amazon too, but I really do love it. I've never had a problem returning to Amazon though and the refunds are really quick! I've got a bracelet to go back to Gemporia again. I really liked the multicolour spinel bead bracelet, but thought it was massively overpriced at £49.99. They are now selling the same thing at £29.99, which is still overpriced, but I liked the colours. It came yesterday and the stones are so tiny and really dull.
I hate it when you wait all excitedly and then the item turns up and it is a disappointment. Whenever I have had this happen with Gemporia I have told them on the returns document, and have had my postage refunded. Of course, they have to agree that the item is not up to scratch, so sometimes it is pot luck!

Thanks, I will do that then. I've only ever had the postage refunded when the item was faulty. It looked nothing like the one on screen, so disappointing!

So sorry to hear that, BrightHunter! It has happened to us too. I ordered a pink sapphire ring and the colour was barely visible! I didn't know I could request a refund of postage, although it does make sense.

Kate has just said that the reason why they stopped having wheels it's because they are not allowed to, as they caused too much chaos with people calling and buying right left and center.

Do you find this believable?

Dear lord, they are selling a less than 30 CT Burmese ruby ring, solitaire stone measuring a little more than 4 per 3mm! The stone is tiny! Apparently, people are buying this. Does it come with free magnifying glasses to enjoy the stone?

So sorry to hear that, BrightHunter! It has happened to us too. I ordered a pink sapphire ring and the colour was barely visible! I didn't know I could request a refund of postage, although it does make sense.

Kate has just said that the reason why they stopped having wheels it's because they are not allowed to, as they caused too much chaos with people calling and buying right left and center.

Not really. Surely the idea is to sell everything? I’m pretty sure that used to be said quite clearly in one of the ads. They control the prices, irrespective of the unbelievable antics between the presenters and the producers. So the pieces will go for exactly what they want them to.

Not really. Surely the idea is to sell everything? I’m pretty sure that used to be said quite clearly in one of the ads. They control the prices, irrespective of the unbelievable antics between the presenters and the producers. So the pieces will go for exactly what they want them to.
Absolutely agree, total nonsense. The whole objective is to sell out of your items asap and then repeat ad-nauseum. The whole channel is bullcrap 24/7. I keep watching the beauty hours, no intention of buying but I ask the question every week "what is the opercentage concentration of vitamin C in your serum?" Never, ever receive a reply on air from Kati, the beauty expert and creator of the Visage range. If there is anything less than 10% vitamin C, it isn't going to do jack and that's the minimum you should be looking for. Either, she doesn't know, or, she won't admit to the numbers on air. Deceptive selling imo. She responds to messages from sycophants, saying how gorgeous she and her products are, so I know she sees / hears message requests sent to the studio.

No. I used to really enjoy the wheels, and under £30. Hardly see under £30 now. Mind you I don't watch that much as I cannot stand all the over the top carp they come out with.

Absolutely agree, total nonsense. The whole objective is to sell out of your items asap and then repeat ad-nauseum. The whole channel is bullcrap 24/7. I keep watching the beauty hours, no intention of buying but I ask the question every week "what is the opercentage concentration of vitamin C in your serum?" Never, ever receive a reply on air from Kati, the beauty expert and creator of the Visage range. If there is anything less than 10% vitamin C, it isn't going to do jack and that's the minimum you should be looking for. Either, she doesn't know, or, she won't admit to the numbers on air. Deceptive selling imo. She responds to messages from sycophants, saying how gorgeous she and her products are, so I know she sees / hears message requests sent to the studio.
That seams to be a common thread, they won’t answer a question that is slightly technical or ethical. I messaged the studio requesting confirmation that the products were cruelty free, and they didn’t respond on air, but were happy to read out numerous, ‘Kati you’ve changed my life’ texts. I did email CS and they confirmed the products were cruelty free, but I couldn’t my head around the fact that they wouldn’t answer on air. I seriously doubt that Kati is responsible for the formulation of these products. I think they are chosen from a catalogue, you can request specific ingredients, strengths etc, you get to choose your packaging and Voilà, you have an off the peg beauty range. I think this is a massively profitable revenue stream for Gemporia. Certainly as they keep encouraging customers to buy in bulk, which is more to do with not having to store the products, than the possibility of issues with the supply chain. I heard Kati say that she had sold a quarter of a million units.

I asked on air 'beauty expert' kati why her products didn't have a leaping bunny logo and were they cruelty free? No reply. So I put a review on Trust pilot asking the same question, oh boy did I get a response quickly from the company. Honestly if you want a response from them put it on Trust pilot. I only ever bought the one product, wasn't overly impressed and won't buy her products again.

So far, they only replied to one of my questions on air. I have asked questions about measurements, treatments and sources of jewellery/ gemstones and I never received a reply. Ergo, Kati seems to be following company policy when she plays a deaf ear....

I heard Kati say the other day that some face cream she was selling took months to get it just right. How does that work? How can she check properly on the progress of a cream being processed in China? It’s not like she pops in to test it ever.

Exactly, do they send sample pots for her to test and approve or reject? Doubt it. I heard her mention that it takes months to get a product to air, because her standards are so high. Hmmm.

I don’t doubt it. But with the whole ethical ethos of Gemporia ( let’s face it, both Visage and Destello are bankrolled by Gemporia, with Kati and Hattie as Brand Ambassadors) why wouldn’t they have had these products made in Europe, and promoted the carbon footprint element of not shifting products all round the world, oh wait! Profit!!

Latest posts

Back