Yankee Candle TSV 16/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone on Facebook queried the sizes of the TSV warmer given on the Q website (I think it was Friday), and an administratorx replied that they would find out. Needless to say they still have not so the person who enquired is having to ask again. How on earth can it take so long?! Surely it just takes a quick phone call to Yankee (or to someone in the warehouse?) to measure the damned thing. I don't need to know because I'm not going to buy it but if I ordered and didn't like it, I would return it and demand all the P&P back, saying I was expecting something 6ft 8 ins wide.

Looks like 12.5" all round and 8.6" high. I just bought it. Two easy pays as well.

CC

Actually that doesn't sound right but those measurements are on QVC.

Yes, Scentsy are a USA company, houseparty-based, selling wax and oil burners - but not candles.
I hadn't heard of them until I went to a party, and initially the prices were offputting (because of the usual hosting/agents commission).... however..... they have a massive choice of electric wax burners, and the waxes actually work out cheaper than Yankee because each block has 8 cubes. The burners operate at a lower temperature than Yankee which seems to make the scent purer - and the wax has a great throw which you can still smell the next morning. I treated myself to a burner and some waxes, and I will definitely be buying more!
Regarding Tupperware....... just like C&A which has also gone from the UK - they are both alive and well in France, and loved by the french!

I bought my daughter the scentsy owl burner when we saw them at a local craft show. She absolutely loves it and it really is far superior to my Yankee electronic burner . The lady gave her her Facebook page to buy the fragrances direct but also does use Yankee, the left overs in the bottom of candles on it and they smell much better than when I do the same with my Yankee equivalent .

dont do melts burned the last one. have two t light yankee burners and a centrepiece. absolutely no need to buy this tsv.

I haven't seen the shows yet as recorded last night's but I have looked online and cannot see the fruit trio. So good (money) and bad (stash) news there! I see they are doing the new Havana set in two duos which with postage works out at £20 per candle!!!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

I haven't seen the shows yet as recorded last night's but I have looked online and cannot see the fruit trio. So good (money) and bad (stash) news there! I see they are doing the new Havana set in two duos which with postage works out at £20 per candle!!!!!!

Mazza i did state earlier in the thread that that trio wont be on TSV day

Likewise, I'm feeling some relief at the removal of temptation - not fussed by the Havana ones (and as you say, not that great a deal anyway) and absolutely resisting the TSV as I quite literally have nowhere to put yet another scent warmer, phew!

Mazza i did state earlier in the thread that that trio wont be on TSV day
Yes I do remember that..... I was being optimistic though!!!!! You never know if the Q will change their mind. Still, as my AD is coming out this week, perhaps it is just as well. I have two sets coming this month!

Ooh, they've got the new bird back presenting this hour (I didn't see the 4 o'clock show).

he wont be back but i think the new lady doesnt wanna do tsv days as its a lot more hours ect from what i think she said when she was doing the handcrafted quilts

Well the new lady, Michaela is on today!

Ooh, they've got the new bird back presenting this hour (I didn't see the 4 o'clock show).

Rosa did the 4pm show.

Well the new lady, Michaela is on today!

I hate to say it as I want to give the poor woman a chance, but her voice is starting to annoy me a bit. It's not like me, especially as I hardly watch any QVC now. Oh well, at least it's another disincentive to watch, which means less temptation.

I hate to say it as I want to give the poor woman a chance, but her voice is starting to annoy me a bit. It's not like me, especially as I hardly watch any QVC now. Oh well, at least it's another disincentive to watch, which means less temptation.

Ive just switched over and caught her and I have to agree with you. Rosa and Stephen have a nice quiet demeanour but with her and Alison shouting, I'm tempted to switch off. Ive already ordered the tsv and have so many jar candles, that I really cant justify buying any more. Oh dear just realised that Ive got 10 small jars on advanced orders to come :mysmilie_17:.

Agreed! In fact I just FF at x32 and would only have listened to an item I might buy.

My daughter has just text me and she says she doesn't like the new girl either. She said bring back Steven. I wonder if facebook are saying anything.

I think she said on one show she comes from Essex. It took me a long time to warm to Mrs Molton Brown, whom I really like now, so maybe Michaela will grow on me. She does rattle along fast though and is a bit of a Mrs Windmill too. Plus sometimes her descriptions are less than detailed. I want to know the notes, not things like comforting or enveloping.

i personally have no issues with anyone doing the shows as its all about the products not the guests

I agree in theory, but when a person has a particularly annoying habit or voice, it can be very off-putting. You only have to look at a few pages on this forum to see how virtually every single presenter and guest is annoying to someone or several people and in varying measures. I watch less QVC these days so can nearly always manage however long it takes to see what I want to see and there's hardly anyone who would stop me watching a presentation of certain products.

As for Michaela, she seems very sweet and I do feel sorry for her trying to fill the shoes of someone like Steven whom many seemed to absolutely idolise. As predicted, she was getting some criticism on Facebook last night.

Latest posts

Back