Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Zanzi used to come visit now and then after he died. Used to jump on the bed and I always thought it was Delilah no, she appeared about 10 minutes after Zanzi. Used to catch him out of the corner of my eye walking along again used to think it was Delilah who turned out was asleep on the sofa.
We bought our home from my parents more than 30 years ago & they moved here when I was 7 so there have been many animals under the roof, including the 12 cats we've loved & I've never seen any of them come back. However, we both see a small black cat in the sitting room or our bedroom, always going behind a chair or under the bed & looking perfectly at home. We've never had a black cat, neither did my parents, & if my belief that our pets stay with us for as long as they're needed is true, who else is living in our home?

Cartoon slimming tee shirt 93375554_287.jpg

We bought our home from my parents more than 30 years ago & they moved here when I was 7 so there have been many animals under the roof, including the 12 cats we've loved & I've never seen any of them come back. However, we both see a small black cat in the sitting room or our bedroom, always going behind a chair or under the bed & looking perfectly at home. We've never had a black cat, neither did my parents, & if my belief that our pets stay with us for as long as they're needed is true, who else is living in our home?
We have lived in our house since just before we got married over 42 years ago. When talking to the lady that used to live next door she told me that the previous owners were sisters that had been left the house by their brother. The remaining sister was apparently taken from the house as she was dying. She liked a drink as we were frequently finding gin bottles under the floorboards - some still with their contents! Occasionally we smell cigarettes and as neither of us smoke we assume that she has come back to check on the house. We always say "hello" and wish her well.

Perhaps someone can answer this mystery - - - -

FACT 1 - I have 2 wheelie bins, one for recycling, and a grey one for ordinary waste. They are both kept near the front of my house.

FACT 2 - My house is one of 3 at the very bottom of a cul-de-sac. We share a driveway which is 60 yards long from the road. The 3 houses are well spaced apart. My house can hardly be seen from the road, and THE BINS CANNOT BE SEEN at all from the road.

FACT 3 - On Monday, my grey bin was half full, and it was collection day. But as I was going to OH's that day, I didn't put it out, otherwise it would have been left in the road for 5 days after collection. But I did put some more rubbish into it, so I knew it was half full.

FACT 4 - When I came home on Friday, both bins were in their exact usual positions, as I'd left them 5 days earlier.

FACT 5 - When I went outside on Saturday morning, my grey bin was in a completely different position, but the other one was unmoved. I thought it must have been blown by a strong gust of wind, although THE WHEELS WERE IN THE WRONG DIRECTION for this to happen easily.

FACT 6 - When I went to move the bin back, it felt very light so I looked inside. IT WAS EMPTY!!!

So it appears that some time overnight on Friday, my bin had been emptied, and put back a couple of yards from where it was on Friday night.

But the bins are never collected at that time or day, and in any case, the bin men do NOT walk 60 yards down the drive to get it, then another 60 yards to return it, it is always left in the road.

I thought perhaps vandals had emptied it as a prank, but there is no sign of the contents anywhere.

As I said, the bins can't be seen from the road, and neighbours do not put each other's bins out, and it was not a bin day anyway.

So I am at a complete loss to explain it, it seems very spooky, and I feel rather uneasy about it.

Last edited:

FACT 1 - I have 2 wheelie bins, one for recycling, and a grey one for ordinary waste. They are both kept near the front of my house.

FACT 2 - My house is one of 3 at the very bottom of a cul-de-sac. We share a driveway which is 60 yards long from the road. The 3 houses are well spaced apart. My house can hardly be seen from the road, and THE BINS CANNOT BE SEEN at all from the road.

FACT 3 - On Monday, my grey bin was half full, and it was collection day. But as I was going to OH's that day, I didn't put it out, otherwise it would have been left in the road for 5 days after collection. But I did put some more rubbish into it, so I knew it was half full.

FACT 4 - When I came home on Friday, both bins were in their exact usual positions, as I'd left them 5 days earlier.

FACT 5 - When I went outside on Saturday morning, my grey bin was in a completely different position, but the other one was unmoved. I thought it must have been blown by a strong gust of wind, although THE WHEELS WERE IN THE WRONG DIRECTION for this to happen easily.

FACT 6 - When I went to move the bin back, it felt very light so I looked inside. IT WAS EMPTY!!!

So it appears that some time overnight on Friday, my bin had been emptied, and put back a couple of yards from where it was on Friday night.

But the bins are never collected at that time or day, and in any case, the bin men do NOT walk 60 yards down the drive to get it, then another 60 yards to return it, it is always left in the road.

I thought perhaps vandals had emptied it as a prank, but there is no sign of the contents anywhere.

As I said, the bins can't be seen from the road, and neighbours do not put each other's bins out, and it was not a bin day anyway.

So I am at a complete loss to explain it, it seems very spooky, and I feel rather uneasy about it.
Strange indeed 🤔

I think it's time for you to invest in a security camera. We did and apart from catching a few locals crims about to break in (until my OH shouted to tell them he was calling the police - from 40 miles away as I was on my own in the house) we've had endless hours of fun watching the garden wildlife. Best money we've ever spent.

Have you asked your neighbours? It could be that they realised that you'd gone away, didn't know that you'd returned & put your rubbish in with theirs so that it wouldn't start to smell.

Was it your actual bin? Could someone have swapped theirs with perhaps a wonky wheel or in our case a hole in the bottom?
It was definitely my bin, but a good possible explanation.

Have you asked your neighbours? It could be that they realised that you'd gone away, didn't know that you'd returned & put your rubbish in with theirs so that it wouldn't start to smell.
Their bin was already put out when I left on Monday.

A neighbour has never been known (in 25 years) to put another neighbour's bin OUT, but they sometimes bring them back from the road if they have a free hand, as do I.

I very rarely see them, but will ask if I do.

But don't forget that the bin had moved between Friday pm and Saturday am, that in itself is very odd, even if it had not been empty as well.

We have lived in our house since just before we got married over 42 years ago. When talking to the lady that used to live next door she told me that the previous owners were sisters that had been left the house by their brother. The remaining sister was apparently taken from the house as she was dying. She liked a drink as we were frequently finding gin bottles under the floorboards - some still with their contents! Occasionally we smell cigarettes and as neither of us smoke we assume that she has come back to check on the house. We always say "hello" and wish her well.
My stepfather always smoked and sometimes when I'm driving the smell of "fags" is overpowering. Also the smell of TCP or lilies is in the car as well - that's Gran. My mum gets the Gran smells as well in her car. It has to be someone hanging around don't you think? It's not just me that smells it in our car, Mr CC can smell it too.

CC

My stepfather always smoked and sometimes when I'm driving the smell of "fags" is overpowering. Also the smell of TCP or lilies is in the car as well - that's Gran. My mum gets the Gran smells as well in her car. It has to be someone hanging around don't you think? It's not just me that smells it in our car, Mr CC can smell it too.

CC
Oh I think it's definitely her. I never find it frightening do you?

I've just been reading back to catch up. I'm so sorry about the pets that are no longer with us.

It's so painful to lose a pet - I'm dreading when ours goes but she has a few years left hopefully. It still hurts to think of past lost pats, though.

Everyone here with animals is caring and loving and gives or has given their pets a happy, loving home and that's all we could want for them. There is so much cruelty and suffering caused to so many animals that in my opinion is not taken seriously enough but that's for another thread.

I hope you're all okay.

Never. My Gran was the most lovely person that walked the earth (but I would say that!). She was very old and some of her grandchildren's antics must have shocked her, but she never judged.

CC
Funnily enough I have never sensed any family that have passed. Although on the night that my lovely Grandad died I was woken up by the sound of a motorbike. I learnt later that it was the exact time that he passed. My Dad, who died when I was 8, rode a motorbike and I firmly believe that it was him coming to collect Grandad. Probably seems silly to some.

Someone stole your rubbish?

Funnily enough I have never sensed any family that have passed. Although on the night that my lovely Grandad died I was woken up by the sound of a motorbike. I learnt later that it was the exact time that he passed. My Dad, who died when I was 8, rode a motorbike and I firmly believe that it was him coming to collect Grandad. Probably seems silly to some.
When my mum died I woke upn to the sound of a clap of thunder which no one I later spoke to heard. It was about 3am and about the time they think she died.
As well as done others I smell cigarette smoke,although not smelt it recently. Mum was the only one in the family that still smoked.

When my mum died I woke upn to the sound of a clap of thunder which no one I later spoke to heard. It was about 3am and about the time they think she died.
As well as done others I smell cigarette smoke,although not smelt it recently. Mum was the only one in the family that still smoked.
I would find that quite comforting to be honest.

My stepdad died at 3.05pm. Almost every single night since then I have woken and I don't even need to look at the clock, I know it is 3.05am or thereabouts. Weirder still, every clock in the house or the caravan that stops when the batteries run out, it stops at 3.05. I was rummaging in the loft and I found an old watch that mum and stepdad had brought me back from a holiday and when I looked at it, it was stopped at 3.05. I'm not making this up, it happens to my mum's clocks as well.

CC

My stepdad died at 3.05pm. Almost every single night since then I have woken and I don't even need to look at the clock, I know it is 3.05am or thereabouts. Weirder still, every clock in the house or the caravan that stops when the batteries run out, it stops at 3.05. I was rummaging in the loft and I found an old watch that mum and stepdad had brought me back from a holiday and when I looked at it, it was stopped at 3.05. I'm not making this up, it happens to my mum's clocks as well.

CC
Next time there's a HUGE Lotto rollover ask him for the numbers.

Latest posts

Back